• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
You might as well try to become an astronaut instead of trying to get a Steam version of Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast, it would be easier.
It was meant to be tongue in cheek, given I listed Wheelman which is basically impossible to get (just ask Jase)

The client count always seems off to me -- like it counts things twice in some cases...
That might be true, but it does seem at least more accurate than the other counters.

Came to think of it. Can games actually be taken away from me?

I'm pretty sure I had 146 games and now 145 is listed but it's probably my mind playing tricks on me.
It happens on free weekends deals, the subs get added and then removed from your account.
I think there is only one instance of a game being removed from people's libraries though.

JustinBB7

Updated my drivers and suddenly Metro Last Light runs even worse.. wtf..

Can't even progress at this part anymore because it runs like a slideshow all the sudden. It ran fine before every thing maxed out..

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I use the dark theme, it's more pleasing to the eye as compared to a bright theme.

It's odd how much I'm enjoying Super Sanctum TD when by all rights, it's no more impressive than a lot of the tower defences I used to play on Warcraft III mods back during Battle Net's heyday. Perhaps the simplicity works in it's favour as well as goals to achieve.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I've switched to NeoGaf's dark theme. It feels so weird. Who's #teamdarktheme?

Also, no reply re. my AC4 issues? (viewpoint shows as not synced even though I did sync it several times)
Dark theme, 100ppp, GAF Gold.
The only way to roll.

Decided to check the Community Page for Dark Souls II since it's pretty much my most anticipated game for PC in the upcoming month (but I will only get it in May, ugh) and the first thing I saw was this:

esdLlVE.png

...Why people waste their time with such pointless post is beyond me!

He's a member of neogaf community also, and also has a vac ban on record too (aka questionable moral fiber).

Acccent

Dark theme, 100ppp, GAF Gold.
The only way to roll.

qft

I'm still adapting to it, it all seems so dark, and the colours for one's own posts and quotes aren't super nice. But in the same way that going from light to dark seemed like everything was suddenly pitch-black and high-contrast, I imagine going back to light now would feel like waking up in a hospital bed, staring at blinding neon lights hanging from the ceiling :p

Evrain

Gotten a Black Ops 2 booster pack out of the blue (seriously Steam? After just 600+ hours?), should I sell it and save for MGR: Revengeance or unpack it and craft a medal? What's your take on the problem, SteamGAF?

Turfster

I imagine going back to light now would feel like waking up in a hospital bed, staring at blinding neon lights hanging from the ceiling :p

Pretty much.
Dark is much nicer on the eyes.

Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle (includes various DLCs) is 4.5$/3.25€ on nuuvem at the moment.

Copons

You and your dark theme.

I try it every couple of weeks but it always seems a little off.
Like, way darker than the light one.

Also
Steam : Dark Theme = Origin : Light Theme

So I'm totally rocking Light Theme with no downtime and 10x bandwith of what is allowed by my ISP!

But of course I've switched to Dark because it's that time of the month.

Grief.exe

Gotten a Black Ops 2 booster pack out of the blue (seriously Steam? After just 600+ hours?), should I sell it and save for MGR: Revengeance or unpack it and craft a medal? What's your take on the problem, SteamGAF?

Game by game basis. Check the prices for individual cards and compare them to the booster pack amount. Sometimes it is better to sell them individually, and you have the small chance of a foil.

If you really want a Call of Duty medal on your profile, then go ahead.

I thought Dark users were a minority. Also using Dark theme here, but not on mobile somehow...

There is a settings menu for the mobile app, allows you to change theme and turn off gifs.

Reckoner

I've been trying to solve this issue with Far Cry 3. When I access the Steam overlay I just can't click in anything, and when I alt+tab the game window keeps active, even when I click on taskbar items or try to switch to another app. Do you guys know a way to fix this? Tried in borderless, windowed and full screen.

Edit: Just fixed it. For those having the same problem on Windows 8 or 7, you just have to change some compatibility options on the executable.

Copons

ugh switching to the facebook tab is always a self-inflicted eye-murder now tho

Ahaha, I murdered my own eyes in the same way right before your post. :D

Mass social websites should all converge to the same color for our comfort.
Hear that Zuckerberg, start turning down the lights inside your Oculus Rift.

Zafir

I recently swapped to the dark theme after getting my new monitor which doesn't really have backlight control. Was a bit weird at first, but I think I've gotten used to it.

I tweeted JAST USA earlier today in regards to a Steam release of Steins;Gate. They are working on it.

Nice. Would be great if it did manage to get on Steam.

I just bought Thief: Deadly Shadows. I like stealth games and this one looks like something I could get into.

Questions:
- How good is it compared to the other two games?
- Do I need to watch/read a plot summary of the other two games before playing it? (But don't suggest me to play the other ones first. I'm not kidding myself, I simply can't get into old games when I lack my nostalgia shades and the graphics/mechanics look too dated. Believe me)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I use the default theme during the day and dark theme at night. It's easier on the eyes at night, though the brightness doesn't bother me during the day.

I definitely prefer the Dark Theme (and in Football Manager too...), mainly due to eyesight. But it's pretty interesting to read that some people switch according to the time of day.

I'm a peasant using the light theme :)

As a guest, I clicked on the link for the dark theme and didn't know how to change it back. I found it harsher on my eyes.

Turfster

I just bought Thief: Deadly Shadows. I like stealth games and this one looks like something I could get into.

Questions:
- Do I need to watch/read a plot summary of the other two games before playing it? (But don't suggest me to play the other ones first. I'm not kidding myself, I simply can't get into old games when I lack my nostalgia shades and the graphics/mechanics look too dated. Believe me)

The Thief game ranking is basically:
thi4f<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Deadly Shadows<Thief<Thief II
Hmm... Since it's the capstone of the trilogy, knowledge of the previous games' plot is not required, per se, but helps.
Also, there are texture and model patches for the first 2 games that make them look 'better'. The mechanics are timeless, and they're perfectly playable with the resolution patches.

Questions:
The first two Thief games may look dated, but they're more mechanically complex than the latter two. Nothing nostalgic about it, what they lack in visuals they make up for in playability. Then again, I guess you could call that dated by virtue of being from a time where design was more sky's the limit and less about fear of lack of accessibility.

That said, the third game is a fine entry, and has one of the standout levels in the entire series.

The Thief game ranking is basically:
thi4f<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Deadly Shadows<Thief<Thief II
Hmm... Since it's the capstone of the trilogy, knowledge of the previous games' plot is not required, per se, but helps.
Also, there are texture and model patches for the first 2 games that make them look 'better'. The mechanics are timeless, and they're perfectly playable with the resolution patches.

The first two Thief games may look dated, but they're more mechanically complex than the latter two. Nothing nostalgic about it, what they lack in visuals they make up for in playability. Then again, I guess you could call that dated by virtue of being from a time where design was more sky's the limit and less about fear of lack of accessibility.

That said, the third game is a fine entry, and has one of the standout levels in the entire series.

Thanks guys. If I long for more after Deadly Shadows I will try the first two games as well.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm sure it'll be in a Bundle Stars bundle within the next few months.

Yeah, probably on ExtremeSims3 I'm guessing. Gonna wait then. Really want this and Car Mechanic Sim 2014.

Talking about Sim bundles, I'm still on the edge on buy the Groupees one. I do want Police Force but it doesn't seem that they are putting it on Steam anytime soon.

Darkroronoa

For the last 2 days every time i try to upload Screenshots on the steam cloud i get error, anyone else had this problem or its just my luck?

JustinBB7

For the last 2 days every time i try to upload Screenshots on the steam cloud i get error, anyone else had this problem or its just my luck?

Works fine for me past few days. So not sure what the problem is, I've had that problem before once or twice, just went away by itself after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom