• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTL has finally clicked with me. What have I done.

\o/

Well you could consider yourself fortunate to have taken to a game that will give you many, many hours of gaming joy.

Just sayin' :p.

For the last 2 days every time i try to upload Screenshots on the steam cloud i get error, anyone else had this problem or its just my luck?

Nope, me too. Normally it un-borks itself for me and works on the second attempt but it defiantly remained borked after multiple attempts yesterday, some hours later and even today too.

Steam gotta Steam :/.

Decided to check the Community Page for Dark Souls II since it's pretty much my most anticipated game for PC in the upcoming month (but I will only get it in May, ugh) and the first thing I saw was this:

esdLlVE.png

...Why people waste their time with such pointless post is beyond me!
Trolls+trolling.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Are we going to be seeing a metric ton of deliberately "funny" simulator games now? What makes weird sim games funny is they aren't trying to be funny.

FTL has finally clicked with me. What have I done.

Don't forget the Advanced Edition upgrade comes out Thursday. So be prepared for some new stuff (ships,weapons,etc)

It's also a free upgrade for anyone who already owns the game :)

edit: Is the advanced edition finally gonna give us Steam cheevos?

Pakkidis

Thomas was alone is a fun little puzzle platform game. Beat it in 3 hours with all achievements.

Shadow warrior redux classic- Old school FPS games did not age that well. The problem is a lot of the levels feel a bit too repetitive. Collect the key card open the right door and then collect another key card etc. If your into old school FPS games then you should really check this out. Doom 1+2 is still the king though.

Syberia- One of my favorite point and click adventure games. Really fantastic setting, story, and some good puzzles.

UnrealEck

He's bored waiting for DSII to come out. That icon next to his name means he owns the game on Steam.

lol what an idiot. He probably didn't realise people could know he owns the game. He's a dirty filthy cheater too. Has a VAC ban on his account.

Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge really made my Sunday.

I guess I still have a few achievements to sweep up too, so that's nice.

HALF MINUTE HERO II RELEASE DATE IS ANNOUNCED TOMORROW OMG.

Got some progress with GMG/Playfire rewards for DS2. The blog said they've improved their tracking and it seems to be working though I expect the delay to still exist. Their program is another frightening good excuse to justify the existence of a despicably overgrown backlog.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
FellowGAF,

I've recently beaten Borderlands 2 by hitting max level (or max level according to my wallet), what game should I play to fend off the lonely night?

Got some progress with GMG/Playfire rewards for DS2. The blog said they've improved their tracking and it seems to be working though I expect the delay to still exist. Their program is another frightening good excuse to justify the existence of a despicably overgrown backlog.

wait you get actual money for playing games.

It's been absolutely awful tracking my progress. :(

Milamber

Go! Go! Nippon.

Played an hour of it yesterday - absolute garbage. Made me feel unclean after "playing" it.

If you're not playing it with the intention of learning more about Japan and its two hostesses, then you're playing it wrong.

EDIT: How do I join Gamefly for FREE, without applying for their "FREE Trial" since I ain't in the US/UK.

Ionic

Reminder that a raffle for Volgarr and Marlow Briggs is closing up in 4 hours. Both great fun.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-505D796BA57A90F5
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-C76C261EB2CD79C4

t1396253600z1.png

mannerbot

Huh, I linked my GMG account to Playfire for that free Super Sanctum TD and somehow I got £1.95 worth of rewards without doing anything. Only problem is, none of that has shown up in my GMG account? Is there something I have to do manually to get it to transfer over? The FAQ said something about 12-24 hours to transfer but it's been like 3 days already.

Huh, I linked my GMG account to Playfire for that free Super Sanctum TD and somehow I got £1.95 worth of rewards without doing anything. Only problem is, none of that has shown up in my GMG account? Is there something I have to do manually to get it to transfer over? The FAQ said something about 12-24 hours to transfer but it's been like 3 days already.

You need to contact them with a screenshot of your rewards page.

I received £5.55 by by unlocking the weekly achievements while my account was linked. Mine were there within 24 hours though :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, physical retail GoldSrc keys of any sort (sans Opposing Force) activate the Half-Life Platinum Pack (sub 1), so apparently the Day of Defeat keys Valve sent to GameFly were accidentally tied to that sub rather than just that for DoD itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom