• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannerbot

You need to contact them with a screenshot of your rewards page.

I received £5.55 by by unlocking the weekly achievements while my account was linked. Mine were there within 24 hours though :/

Well, the accounts are definitely linked correctly since the Playfire Rewards page has a link to (and shows the current balance of) my GMG profile. I guess I'll give it a day and then contact them if it still hasn't shown up.

Sajjaja

I wish people actually bought Day of Defeat to play it..... it's such a good game. Enjoyed it wayyy more than CS.

And now it lies in a shallow grave.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish people actually bought Day of Defeat to play it..... it's such a good game. Enjoyed it wayyy more than CS.

Day of Defeat 2 on Source 2 would be nice to see. But only if it had a single-player campaign.

EdmondD

Day of Defeat was one of my favorite mods back in the days when great mods were a common thing. Those were the days. I also enjoyed it more than CS. I just missed the gamefly sale that's what I get for being lazy and not buying it earlier.

Sajjaja

Day of Defeat 2 on Source 2 would be nice to see. But only if it had a single-player campaign.

Source 1 didn't hold a candle to the original. The way everything handled was just...off. And the changes were for the worse. Source 2 version would be interesting (depending on the physics), but at this point, I'd take a WW2 shooter anyday. And why would you want a single player campaign D:

Day of Defeat was one of my favorite mods back in the days when great mods were a common thing. Those were the days. I also enjoyed it more than CS. I just missed the gamefly sale that's what I get for being lazy and not buying it earlier.

Mod support was the greatest thing ever back then.

Does anyone know how the Steam version of KOFXIII is? I want to buy it the next time it's on sale, but I already have the console version and the netcode sucked so I stopped playing it.

Huh, I linked my GMG account to Playfire for that free Super Sanctum TD and somehow I got £1.95 worth of rewards without doing anything. Only problem is, none of that has shown up in my GMG account? Is there something I have to do manually to get it to transfer over? The FAQ said something about 12-24 hours to transfer but it's been like 3 days already.

You're fine, it's just Playfire's system not being ready for primetime. If you have the rewards listed you'll get the balance transferred eventually, but expect it to take weeks rather than days.

I've had Steam activity that was recognized by Playfire but not even recognized for rewards for a week and a half, let alone transferred to Green Man Gaming. The rewards program is pretty neat but fast and reliable it is not. If you don't see any action after a week feel free to file a support ticket and hope they actually get to it.

mannerbot

You're fine, it's just Playfire's system not being ready for primetime. If you have the rewards listed you'll get the balance transferred eventually, but expect it to take weeks rather than days.

I've had Steam activity that was recognized by Playfire but not even recognized for rewards for a week and a half, let alone transferred to Green Man Gaming. The rewards program is pretty neat but fast and reliable it is not. If you don't see any action after a week feel free to file a support ticket and hope they actually get to it.

Ah ok, that's what I was thinking actually. I don't mind if it takes a while since like I said I didn't expect anything and was pleasantly surprised to see that I got some credit for achievements I did forever ago for some reason, haha. As long as I get it before April 25th I'm perfectly fine with waiting!

JaseC

Valve would also be filling a niche.

You don't see too many WWII shooters anymore.

I'd intended to buy MoHAA on GOG the other week, when a bunch of EA stuff was on sale, but ultimately forgot. I think the last WW2-based FPS I played was World at War, but I don't care for the modern CoD template so I wouldn't say I enjoyed it.

I'd intended to buy MoHAA on GOG the other week, when a bunch of EA stuff was on sale, but ultimately forgot. I think the last WW2-based FPS I played was World at War, but I don't care for the modern CoD template so I wouldn't say I enjoyed it.

come on jase you aint hype?

hqdefault.jpg

JaseC

come on jase you aint hype?

hqdefault.jpg

Oh, I'm definitely looking forward to The New Order... and you've reminded me that I forgot about Wolf09, which I played in 2012.

Edit: Now that Bethesda has confirmed a woldwide release date of May 20th, it can't be long before the game appears on the store, but as I said in another thread I think this won't happen until Bethesda has concrete details on the Doom 4 beta to divulge. Getting the beta ready in time for QuakeCon makes a ton of sense but ultimately depends on just how far along development is, especially considering the event is in July rather than August.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wolfenstein... I must have it. Don't even care if it runs well on my computer or not.

JaseC

Wolfenstein... I must have it. Don't even care if it runs well on my computer or not.

Assuming the temperamental teething issues that plague Rage have been ironed out, it should run well on any decent system built within the past five or so years.

I'm hype as hell too. I probably am going to get it for PS4 though because I have some credit for local retailers. Who needs shiny graphics, all I need for Wolf is that 60 FPS and that awesome-looking gunplay.

Am I right in remembering this is single player only? Speaking of games like day of defeat, Enemy territory was pretty damn awesome.

Vibranium

Banned
Am I right in remembering this is single player only? Speaking of games like day of defeat, Enemy territory was pretty damn awesome.

Yep, this single-player only which I think is pretty cool. The devs have hinted that the franchise could bring back multiplayer sometime in the future though for Enemy Territory fans. Never played ET myself but had a friend who was into it.

Yep, this single-player only which I think is pretty cool. The devs have hinted that the franchise could bring back multiplayer sometime in the future though for Enemy Territory fans. Never played ET myself but had a friend who was into it.

Yeah I can respect that.

There have probably been twenty games since ET that have been better. But that was the one I sunk some good time into and it was very memorable.

Knurek

Assuming the temperamental teething issues that plague Rage have been ironed out, it should run well on any decent system built within the past five or so years.

Curious how well it does run for Team Red - I remember reading it was beyond broken at release, and I don't think ATI fixed their crappy-ass OpenGL drivers since then.

BTW, it never ceases to amuse me how I buy my graphic cards in circles. Buying an ATI card, playing with it for a bit, being impressed by all the smooth new games, running into problems with some games, running into more problems with some games, vowing never again to buy an ATI card. Switching to NVIDIA, playing with it for a bit, being impressed by all the smooth new games, running into problems with some games, running into more problems with some games, vowing never again to buy an NVIDIA card. Buying an ATI card...

Anyone else has similar experience?

Curious how well it does run for Team Red - I remember reading it was beyond broken at release, and I don't think ATI fixed their crappy-ass OpenGL drivers since then.

BTW, it never ceases to amuse me how I buy my graphic cards in circles. Buying an ATI card, playing with it for a bit, being impressed by all the smooth new games, running into problems with some games, running into more problems with some games, vowing never again to buy an ATI card. Switching to NVIDIA, playing with it for a bit, being impressed by all the smooth new games, running into problems with some games, running into more problems with some games, vowing never again to buy an NVIDIA card. Buying an ATI card...

Yep. Originally bought NVIDIA during their FX 5XXX line, which had notoriously bad DX9 performance. Then upgraded to a 6800GT which specifically had some quirks with the Source engine. From then on, I went with ATI, which had some pretty cruddy drivers and the Sapphire cards I got had some artifacting issues. So, I went back to NVIDIA and have had things going pretty smoothly for once. This MSI 580ti is the first time I've been fully satisfied with a GPU since my Voodoo 2, RIP 3DFX.

Sajjaja

Yeah I can respect that.

There have probably been twenty games since ET that have been better. But that was the one I sunk some good time into and it was very memorable.

Wolfenstein ET makes me go HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG. I don't know what it was man....that MP hit all the notes on fucking key. Spent hundreds of hours playing that.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I still haven't gotten Rage. I'll probably grab it next time it's $5. Doom 3 BFG runs great, obviously. I'm on a Phenom II X4 955 w/ R9 270X. I'm sure I'll be able to run it 60fps at "mostly high" but the real top graphical shit might drop it to 30fps.

Tellaerin

Nah. I've pretty much just stuck with Nvidia over the years, since having less headaches with drivers and fewer compatibility issues has always been more important to me than raw performance. (Not that Nvidia cards don't have issues sometimes too, but it's always seemed like ATI's cards are less inclined to play nice with the games and applications I use.)

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Well I'm not ready to start the work week yet so how about a raffle.

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition Giveaway
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition -- MB-CFD26A106330A317 - Taken by VikasNarula. 13 entrants total.

t1396249778z1.png

JaseC

Later drivers improved things but the game is still rather picky about what it wants to run nicely on, even for Nvidia users. I was lucky in that I had no issues at launch after updating to the BF3 betas but I haven't tried playing the game again since moving from a 570 to a 670 (now two 670s).

I've only owned two ATI/AMD cards: a 2900XT (the 8800GTX was comparatively expensive at the time) and an HD 5750 (an impromptu replacement for said 2900XT, which suddenly decided to kick the bucket one afternoon).

wazoo

I still do not get what problems people have with ATI.

my 7850 has always worked like a charm since more than one year.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So I just bought a few Squeenix games (I was going to get a bunch more but most were only 60% off so I can wait), and with that I passed the 600 mark.
Now onto the slippery slope of getting to 1K
either Fast & Furious or Bad Rats are getting the honor

JaseC

So I just bought a few Squeenix games (I was going to get a bunch more but most were only 60% off so I can wait), and with that I passed the 600 mark.
Now onto the slippery slope of getting to 1K
either Fast & Furious or Bad Rats are getting the honor

I'd choose now because F&F is unlikely to be 75% off again. Store a copy in your inventory until you're ready to use it.

Thanks dupy, BTW i already have TR standard edition. so i wonder if redeem goty.. it will upgrade or do i get duplicate copy in liabrary?

The GOTY Edition is just a game + DLC bundle, not a separate game in itself.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Thanks dupy, BTW i already have TR standard edition. so i wonder if redeem goty.. it will upgrade or do i get duplicate copy in liabrary?

Not sure but if you can't redeem it you can always just run your own raffle. As long as you give back what you can't use:)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'd choose now because F&F is unlikely to be 75% off again. Store a copy in your inventory until you're ready to use it.
I have it in my inventory just for that :p

I'm wondering if I should pick another one just in case...

aku:jiki

Thomas was alone is a fun little puzzle platform game. Beat it in 3 hours with all achievements.
Yes! I finally got around to it this weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. The writing and narration are wonderful. That one line about "OMG you have to meet my mate he's totally crazy" had me laughing, but pretty much all of it had me smiling.

aku:jiki

Oh, speaking of giveaways, thanks Diedac for PJ Monsters! I like PJ games so hopefully I'll like this one too, installing after work.

This may not be my place to say but come on bro, you entered even though you already have the game? Give someone else a chance to play it!

(Not bitter because I don't want to play TR, just don't think that's cool.)

Anyone here who was lucky enough to get a key from that earlier Gamefly 1$ gaffe? I was unfortunately late on that. Or should I contact the B / S / T Thread for this question?

Oh, and thanks for the giveaway Dupy! I may not win from your shares but just joining it and experiencing the thrill of maybe getting a game is enough for me.
So is there going to be a new Indiegala Monday bundle in a little under 2 hours? Seems to imply there will be a new one each week.

I'm actually hoping there is another Japanese game included on that upcoming bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom