• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think you'd like Facebook a lot more if you followed a few high quality sources and unfollowed most of your friends and family, leaving them as friends.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for Skyborn, 2pork.

Thanks very much for Hero Siege!

Thank you so much to Alien8 for Hydrophobia & BinaryPork2737 for Dysfunctional Systems! I was literally going to buy them last week except steam was down!

BinaryPork2737, thank you for Gemini Wars, man. :)

thanks for vanguard princess BinaryPork2737

You're welcome!

legacyzero

Banned
Dammit, why did the last thread have to die with this amazing picture!!??

GqeMwzo.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
^ amazing

Barely on the list this time:
yea me too. last thread moved crazy fast

haven't been posting much either since there's nothing much to say about xenoblade that i haven't mentioned already as far as my ups and downs with the game go

that said i've gotten to the third act and i'm on that "do all the sidequests and secrets and head off to the final dungeon" part

the big plot twist and everything story-wise has been pretty decent, but nothing about it sticks the way the other xeno games did for me. i guess that can be said about the whole game, it's a cool and fun and all but it just feels bland and unexciting and doesn't grab me one bit.

i do appreciate how like gears and saga it takes its time to tell its story and show its world. i wish more games had this more laid back pace.

I'm strictly talking quality of content here. If you don't want to see garbage on your Facebook theme, it's pretty easy to get it to the point where you'e not seeing garbage on your Facebook feed.*

* Note: Does not apply to the facebook mobile application, which somehow has perfected the art of showing you nothing that you actually want to see.

Ruruja

Them prices :X

I remember one of the first things I bought on Steam was a huge SEGA publisher's pack containing all the Total Wars, Football Manager 2011, Vancouver 2010, Virtua Tennis 2009, Aliens vs Predator (still not played to this day) and some others I can't remember.

At the time I thought it was a great deal but once you learn to WAIT FOR THE DAILIES and only try and buy at 75% off, you realise what a huge mistake it was.

I remember one of the first things I bought on Steam was a huge SEGA publisher's pack containing all the Total Wars, Football Manager 2011, Vancouver 2010, Virtua Tennis 2009, Aliens vs Predator (still not played to this day) and some others I can't remember.

At the time I thought it was a great deal but once you learn to WAIT FOR THE DAILIES and only try and buy at 75% off, you realise what a huge mistake it was.

Yeah I've been spoiled by all the deals, sales, and bundles. Now I can't imagine buying anything on Steam for those kind of prices.

Miker

Does anybody have impressions of Mercenary Kings? I think reception was mixed during the early access period, and I'm curious to see if it's improved or not in the final release.

zkylon

zkylewd
man i just found out there's a ps3 exclusive deception game

why can't japan realize that steam is the future :<

Zafir

To be fair though, they used to do both. I remember getting a load of publisher packs with 66-75% off on them.

HoosTrax

omg...the "options" menu in Mercenary Kings has like 3 options that can be changed, none of which are for sound or input mapping.

This is almost a dealbreaker for me since I watch Netflix when I play games.

Edit: nevermind. My Soundblaster's sound panel can set different volumes for each application. But seriously devs -- I don't care how "old-school" or "retro" you're trying to be, basic graphics (fullscreen/windowed, resolution), input, and sound options are mandatory.

Lunaniem

omg...the "options" menu in Mercenary Kings has like 3 options that can be changed, none of which are for sound or input mapping.

This is almost a dealbreaker for me since I watch Netflix when I play games.

Edit: nevermind. My Soundblaster's sound panel can set different volumes for each application. But seriously devs -- I don't care how "old-school" or "retro" you're trying to be, basic graphics (fullscreen/windowed, resolution), input, and sound options are mandatory.

They still haven't added any input options? I thought it was just something they were going to add soon when it came out in Early Access last year.

Tellaerin

Blade Kitten's been pulled from the Steam storefront? Huh. Wonder what's up with that.

(Just noticed when I was going through my wishlist just now and saw that there was no longer a price listed for it. Clicking the link takes you to the front page of the store, and search brings up the demo but not the full game.)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I went and bought Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2 Alucard's DLC... Not feeling it so far.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Blade Kitten's been pulled from the Steam storefront? Huh. Wonder what's up with that.

(Just noticed when I was going through my wishlist just now and saw that there was no longer a price listed for it. Clicking the link takes you to the front page of the store, and search brings up the demo but not the full game.)

Atari relinquished the rights to the developer, who are working behind the scenes to get everything switched over on the Steam side before they release the not-at-all-awaited Blade Kitten Episode 2. It'll be back.

Tellaerin

Atari relinquished the rights to the developer, who are working behind the scenes to get everything switched over on the Steam side before they release the not-at-all-awaited Blade Kitten Episode 2. It'll be back.

Hey, the first one didn't look bad to me. >.> (Then again, I love action platform games. I was the target audience for all eleventy-billion of them back in the 16-bit days. :p )

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey, the first one didn't look bad to me. >.> (Then again, I love action platform games. I was the target audience for all eleventy-billion of them back in the 16-bit days. :p )

imagine a game where every level is longer than the entire length of a mega man game and nothing interesting happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom