• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Far Cry 1 becomes kind of worthless the moment you see your first mutant monkey Trigen, which is like an hour into the game. Far Cry 2 is just the GOAT of that series, but even it's just a baby mainstream kind of STALKER, so the real deal is better anyway. Far Cry 3 is just boring in its entirety.

The trigen don't even show up until halfway in the game, and it's only really the rocket launcher ones that were annoying.

Wait what? Our little island gets picked for what reason exactly?

Most likely just an error.

3TNzJLj.jpg

Do you believe in coincidences?

Interesting. How do you claim it if the emails don't line up though?

zkylon

zkylewd
Haha, to be fair to Saoirse she wasn't yet 16 when filming began. ;) Speaking of Hanna, as much as I enjoyed Wright's first foray into action I'd love to visit the alternate universe in which Alfonso Cuaron didn't exit the project.
yea I just grabbed that one because it's the one I remembered her getting beat up on lol

also I don't think I've watched any other of hers

which reminds me I gotta watch my idiot brother. I hear there's some zooey on girl action in there

The trigen don't even show up until halfway in the game, and it's only really the rocket launcher ones that were annoying.
You first encounter them in the Treehouse level, which is just a smidge over a quarter of the way through (level 6 of 20). The monkeys are no damn fun either, they make huge lunges towards you and destroy you in an attack or two, like a meatier, farther reaching, more lethal version of the black headcrab. So bad.

Tenrius

With how fast Mangagamer is progressing with Higurashi retranslation, the game will release on Steam in 2024 if not later.

Magical Diary is pretty good, by the way. It's a neat little game if you don't mind weird stories about cute schoolgirls, magic and, perhaps, their love life (depending on how things play out). The only big downside is probably the artstyle, it's really ugly most of the time. I did an LTTP thread about it a while back, so if someone's interested, they can check that out as well.

m.gorecki

Figure I would do a small giveaway before the Humble Bundle starts.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeons of Dredmor -- MB-D202DC75C750130B - Taken by user237

Jawmuncher

With how fast Mangagamer is progressing with Higurashi retranslation, the game will release on Steam in 2024 if not later.

Has there been an update on the artwork yet?
Also you should add me on steam, was going to add you but you don't have the link on your profile

ArjanN

They show up in the 5th or 6th level out of 20 total. That's more like a quarter or a third of the way into the game.

If i remember correctly there's still some mostly human focused levels after that. But I liked the Trigen enemies actually, they were basically the xenomorphs from Alien and I thought they added some nice variety. IMO only the giant rocket launcher ones were annoying and those are only in the last couple of levels.

Miker

Come on, Cacpcom Humble Bundle, with all their GFWL games patched to include Steamworks!

If WB did it, you can too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom