• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesemonni

Banned
I accidentally rebought Oblivion from Nuuvem and well...here you go. It's the GotY edition. Happy new year everybody.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Elders Scrolls: Oblivion -- MB-CC423B4CBE8448FF - Taken by skullmuffins. 27 entrants total.

Wow, so I probably have 15 useless vouchers.
If they stacked, I'd take BF4 for free and peace out... but as it stands, even with $5 off, it's all more expensive than things just were in the Steam sale... if those are the final prices, seems like a bust to me.

They don't let coupons stack because people were buying tons of $0.50 DLC before and applying all of them to full-priced games.

Besides, this is nowhere close to being final.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

A nice game this one. Just a charming side scrolling action game in the old west that played well on iOS devices and can only be far smoother on home computers with keyboard or gamepad. Well suited for something you just want that is nice and small to breeze through and enjoy it for exactly that.

Watch out for ducks.

oipic

Great to be home, and to have normal service resumed - very classy effort with the thread, as always, MRORANGE. :)

My morning coffee inspired me...

Code:
Total posts in the three Holiday Sale threads:  [B]46,932[/B] (~140/hour)
Unique posters:  [B]2,578[/B] (for reference, 2013's last 'regular' Steam thread had [B]1,017[/B]) 
Folks who posted only once:  [B]728[/B]

Combined hall of fame for the three holiday sale threads (collectively, these wonderfully verbose GAFfers accounted for ~16.5% of all posts):

1. Rhaknar 832
  2. JaseC 675
  3. Arthea 622
  4. Turfster 604
  5. Grief.exe 597
  6. The_Monk 442
  7. derExperte 363
  8. Gravelord_Nito 348
  9. SalsaShark 332
  10. Dusk Golem 309
  11. Jawmuncher 287
  12. jshackles 280
  13. GK86 275
  14. denx 269
  15. KenOD 257
  16. NingenJanai 256
  17. VitalNerve 256
  18. corrosivefrost 237
  19. Boss Doggie 236
  20. thecharrr 227

Thanks to all for making the sales thread(s) a compulsory companion throughout, as always. SteamGAF <3

Anyway, back to regular shenanigans now (well, until MRORANGE drops the GOTY results bomb, that is).

Grief.exe

In the future, every Bad Rats giveaway should be replace by a Gunman Clive giveaway.

At least we would be funding a good game at that point.

Great to be home, and to have normal service resumed - very classy effort with the thread, as always, MRORANGE. :)

Code:
Unique posters:  [B]2,578[/B] (for reference, 2013's last 'regular' Steam thread had [B]1,017[/B]) 

Combined hall of fame for the three holiday sale threads (collectively, these wonderfully verbose GAFfers accounted for ~16.5% of all posts):

Thanks to all for making the sales thread(s) a compulsory companion throughout, as always. SteamGAF <3

Anyway, back to regular shenanigans now (well, until MRORANGE drops the GOTY results bomb, that is).

Thanks for the tallies oipic, that is some interesting data.

Ezra2680

That would be nice (the more games part). I was hoping for more variety, but I'd be happy with the XCOM Collection for 5 bucks if nothing else.

If the list that was posted before was accurate, that xcom bundle will be losing the discount tomorrow and will be $15, so the same price it is now when using a voucher

Tellaerin

They don't let coupons stack because people were buying tons of $0.50 DLC before and applying all of them to full-priced games.

Besides, this is nowhere close to being final.

If they wanted to stop people from gaming the system like that, I'd've rather have seen them limit the $5 coupons to purchases totalling $10 or more, and allow people to stack them. Still, I guess I can't complain. I'm just hoping Amazon Tony posts an update soon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Stuff I have so far confirmed working on the stand-alone Enhanced Steam:

• Empty Cart Button in Shopping Cart
  • Pricing History
  • DLC Category Data
  • DRM Warnings
  • Storefront Carousel Descriptions
  • Wishlist Images Not Found fixed
  • Custom Profile Backgrounds
  • Links on Profiles
Not working:

• Highlighting :(
  • Everything else
itssomething.gif

If they wanted to stop people from gaming the system like that, I'd've rather have seen them limit the $5 coupons to purchases totalling $10 or more, and allow people to stack them. Still, I guess I can't complain. I'm just hoping Amazon Tony posts an update soon.

True, and I think that would probably work better. Then again, a lot of people would probably complain that they can't use it on $5-7 games.

So far, the X-Com package looks like it will be a steal at $5. From what I've read, there are a bunch of other publishers who have yet to get their deals finalized, but they're supposed to be done very soon.

Pretty good price, btw if anyone doesn't know it's made by a gaffer.

Bought when I get home later. Looks solid... I'll support small developers from GAF for sure. :)

I'm interested in Contrast but isthereanydeal shows that GMG had it at $3.75 so getting it for $7 doesn't seem that appealing to me anymore.

I got it for $6 or so the day before it was that low on GMG. :\

Code:

Bustin' into the top 20! Awww yeah!

MRORANGE

Code:
  [B]728[/B]

Nice stat lists, I was thinking of recapping all of last years steam threads into a stat format, but it started getting tricky when i wanted to work out how many modbot giveaways were being given, I think someone in this thread has a tally (NaM?)

Santini

Steam related, but you get a physical copy sent to you:

The Darkness 2 is on sale for $2.99 with free shipping from Microsoft's store. It has Steamworks integration. Enhanced Steam and isthereanydeal list the lowest price it's ever gone for at $4.99.

The other good deal on that page is for The Secret World at $6.99, but it doesn't activate on Steam.

komorebi

This is the real deal. Alt+PrtScn, paste into paint (then edited out friends for privacy reasons) then uploaded to web.

I am currently working on making more and more features work with the client.

Really excited to see this up and running. I only started using ES for chrome a few weeks ago and I can't go back. It was my best friend during the sales.

Turfster

Damn you Arthea, knocking me out of my rightful place in the top 3! *shakes fist*

Why is this so attractive? (Also, is it just me, or does their auto-image jumper just ignore the video after the warning isn't even over?)

Nabs

It looks like they are setting up the preload for Metal Gear Rising. Someone check.

less than a minute ago Changed releasestate &#8211; prerelease &#8250; preloadonly

edit: Yup. Restart Steam and try it out.

Ezra2680

Does anyone know if this redeems on steam? I had it on my wishlist but think it must have gotten removed as when I click on it it just takes me to the main store front.

Volotaire

Just finished Lume. Short and sweet, love the artstyle, not too taxing with regards to challenges. Apparently there's more chapters to the game coming, so that was a pretty cool demo/intro.

Nabs

Does anyone know if this redeems on steam? I had it on my wishlist but think it must have gotten removed as when I click on it it just takes me to the main store front.

I highly doubt it. You should make sure the game is even up anymore before buying.

maneil99

Valve has done a great with updating and promoting CSGO through sales. I wonder how high it can go and if Valve will even consider making it free to play.

People will quit if it goes F2P, completely idiotic move if they do that. Its not TF2, its competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom