• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can finally access my inventory and the community again. Would have been nice if I could have done something with my remaining snow globe cards, but whatever.

Gvaz

Banned
I'm enjoying the game but so far in the past hour:

pros:
-breasts and clothing design
-voice acting
-incest undertones but likely a later reveal of ITS OKAY GUYS WE'RE NOT ACTUALLY RELATED AFTERALL cliche
-codex

cons:
-fantasy babble, lots of terms to remember. I can appreciate complexity but this is silly and makes it hard to keep track of what is what.
-combat even on hard is pathetic. button mash your way to victory
-graphic texture quality is all over the fuckin place. good in parts, horrendous in others. While I hate Dragon Age 2 and will never play/install that turd again (intentionally skipped the felicia day dlc because lol felicia day self insert in a videogame) at least the linear levels in that game didn't look like aesthetic garbage
-somewhat large levels which are basically corridors with like 4 people to interact with in the whole zone and maybe 10 items to collect.
-no manual saves

Turfster

I'm enjoying the game but so far in the past hour:
I wasn't sure what you were talking about, but luckily, your third pro cleared that up right away ;)
You people need to stop making me want to get Demonicon, or it needs to drop to like, 5€, which is all I'm willing to pay for a "so bad it's good" game.

F2P with competitive MM behind paywall? maybe.

F2P like tf2 or dota.... NO PLZ.

Well.. 3$ (even 15 bucks) are not that bad. But if it's going to be f2p it will be during EMS One or during Dreamhack Summer.

I could see them using future operations as a way to put MM behind a paywall. And I would think that Valve will do it at the beginning of summer with an announcement that CSGo will be apart of this year's International.

So I started playing the Under the Sea expansion for Infinite after buying the season pass during the sale.

I reached
Cohen's club
and man the way that's presented is so great, I don't wanna say to much or post screenshots to ruin it but it's really pretty cool.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SO - Highlighting is now working on Enhanced Steam in the client

OILRKtI.png

pNR7KVD.png

Going to bring a tear to my eye

Turfster

Captaine Morgane was in the Indie Adventure Bundle on Bundlestars, but you got Gamersgate keys back then. No communication on if/when they will give out steam keys.

Thorgal

The latter half of the game is literally
hide behind the piece of cover that glitches the pathfinding/tracking of the BIG HUGE ROBOT ENEMY and pop out and take potshots at it until it dies for minutes on end...
over and over and over again.
It's snore-inducingly boring.

I agree that enemies are pretty much bullet sponges who can rip through your shield and health in seconds .

However if you get good guns and shield it's not as terrible .

4 player co op is total chaos though when in a small area..

cicero

If they wanted to stop people from gaming the system like that, I'd've rather have seen them limit the $5 coupons to purchases totalling $10 or more, and allow people to stack them. Still, I guess I can't complain. I'm just hoping Amazon Tony posts an update soon.

Except that wouldn't involve anything that would cause people to buy MORE games than just one or two. The current promotion design worked just fine last year, people need to be patient and stop making ridiculous over the top comments about a promotion that is still being put together as we speak, and will continue to be changed all throughout this month. People who blow all their credits on a game, thinking the promotion is limited to the initial offering, as many did last year with multiple $2.49 copies of Hotline Miami, are likely to be scrambling for other people with credits to help them out at the end of January.

kulapik

Great to be home, and to have normal service resumed - very classy effort with the thread, as always, MRORANGE. :)

My morning coffee inspired me...

Combined hall of fame for the three holiday sale threads (collectively, these wonderfully verbose GAFfers accounted for ~16.5% of all posts):

Thanks to all for making the sales thread(s) a compulsory companion throughout, as always. SteamGAF <3

Anyway, back to regular shenanigans now (well, until MRORANGE drops the GOTY results bomb, that is).

Rhaknar is kicking hard, as expected.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Risk of Rain is incredible. Can't wait to play it in co-op. Lovely soundtrack too, and I dig the humor in the item descriptions.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Great to be home, and to have normal service resumed - very classy effort with the thread, as always, MRORANGE. :)

My morning coffee inspired me...

Code:
Total posts in the three Holiday Sale threads:  [B]46,932[/B] (~140/hour)
Unique posters:  [B]2,578[/B] (for reference, 2013's last 'regular' Steam thread had [B]1,017[/B]) 
Folks who posted only once:  [B]728[/B]

Combined hall of fame for the three holiday sale threads (collectively, these wonderfully verbose GAFfers accounted for ~16.5% of all posts):

Thanks to all for making the sales thread(s) a compulsory companion throughout, as always. SteamGAF <3

Anyway, back to regular shenanigans now (well, until MRORANGE drops the GOTY results bomb, that is).

13. GK86 275

Good times. I always love the sales threads. But it is time I start posting in the steamgaf thread.

Phinor

I see CS:GO broke 100k concurrent

Is there any one specific reason why the game has been gaining momentum lately? Or is it just the constant patching and fixing, not giving up on the game (+the sales)? I remember back when it was released when the game actually lost a third of its rather small playerbase within a month and also remained below 20k average for quite a while.

fernandes

Awesome job jshackles, even if I never use the client to browse since it's way to slow and clunky. I assume it's all kosher and doesn't require that many files to be changed.

Sajjaja

Trying out Demonicon. My god it's so terribly good. It's Mars War Logs all over again but high fantasy and not cyberpunk.

I mean, really. Who doesn't like a little bit of incest in their game when your sister has tig ole bitties like these?

Wood.

So, Steam has been showing the "1 new item in you inventory" indicator, and it's only now the Steam Community lets me see what it is.

It's a 50% off voucher for Crusader Kings 2. >.<

Jawmuncher

10,000 is low?

Was about to say the same thing. 10,000 sounds pretty damn good to me.
Hell probably better off with the mod support for being able to join games easier since last time I played DS I still had issues with getting invaded on 360 and PS3.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For anyone interested (and this task should not be taken lightly) here is a link to the installation instructions, configuration files, and script files needed to make Enhanced Steam work in the client.

https://github.com/jshackles/ES-Standalone

I'll try to answer any questions as best I can, but please keep in mind this should be considered like pre-Alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom