• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

People will quit if it goes F2P, completely idiotic move if they do that. Its not TF2, its competitive.

They already have the infrastructure in place to make it happen, I don't really see how it would change the competitive nature as the changes are merely aesthetic.

People will quit if it goes F2P, completely idiotic move if they do that. Its not TF2, its competitive.

Yeah because there are a flood of people wanting to play CS:GO who are put off by paying the $3...

It wouldn't change anything after the first day.

Grief.exe

10,000 concurrent in Dark Souls right now

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Honestly, I don't want it go F2P. Simply based on the fact of what happened to TF2's community and the already terrible community in CS getting even worse.

No thx. Leave that as a paywall.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Those 23,7GB better contain super-ultra-quality textures with a mixture of gabenjuice.

We'll see. I think I'll start the Preload Monday since I got BF4 playing to do for unlocks this weekend. Can't have my time ate by pre-load bandwidth.

Gabe and Konami should've let it be preloaded earlier today when I did have that time. >_>

Turfster

Wow, is the Dark Souls PC population really that low? Yeesh, if I get Dark Souls 2 on release it sounds like it'd be a completely different experience.

I'd buy it if it didn't have gfwl.

Also, looks like the Groupees bonus was music...
Edit: or maybe I just don't remember it, because the site seems to have crashed now =p

I cincirely hope Gearbox Makes another Borderlands for Nextgen .

Maybe they can actually include some gameplay this time.

Colin.

TF2 inventory has been really buggy today. Keeps showing up, and disappearing on a whim. I just want to trade Steam :(

Grief.exe

Wow, is the Dark Souls PC population really that low? Yeesh, if I get Dark Souls 2 on release it sounds like it'd be a completely different experience.

That is in the top 20 for most popular PC download service available, I would say that is pretty solid numbers.

Keep in mind what concurrent means, not everyone grasps this. That is the amount of people that are playing this very second, the total unique players for the day would be much higher.

I would venture a guess that is higher concurrent numbers than the consoles right now.

Wonder how much more there'd be if Bamco removed GFWL *wink*

This is also a huge consideration to make.

Kanokare

I think it'll be fine if matchmaking is limited to those that actually bought something ONCE from the CS:GO market like a season pass for 5 bucks (or less in some cases). Pretty much paying for CS:GO in some way. Otherwise limiting f2p users to non-valve servers.

denx

15 minutes remaining for this awesome anon raffle.

Great to be home, and to have normal service resumed - very classy effort with the thread, as always, MRORANGE. :)

My morning coffee inspired me...

Code:
Total posts in the three Holiday Sale threads:  [B]46,932[/B] (~140/hour)
Unique posters:  [B]2,578[/B] (for reference, 2013's last 'regular' Steam thread had [B]1,017[/B]) 
Folks who posted only once:  [B]728[/B]

Combined hall of fame for the three holiday sale threads (collectively, these wonderfully verbose GAFfers accounted for ~16.5% of all posts):
I'm in the hall of fame at n° 14. :O

Uiki

Valve has done a great with updating and promoting CSGO through sales. I wonder how high it can go and if Valve will even consider making it free to play.

F2P with competitive MM behind paywall? maybe.

F2P like tf2 or dota.... NO PLZ.

Well.. 3$ (even 15 bucks) are not that bad. But if it's going to be f2p it will be during EMS One or during Dreamhack Summer.

mannerbot

That is in the top 20 for most popular PC download service available, I would say that is pretty solid numbers.

Keep in mind what concurrent means, not everyone grasps this. That is the amount of people that are playing this very second, the total unique players for the day would be much higher.

I would venture a guess that is higher concurrent numbers than the consoles right now.

I doubt that it's a higher number than consoles, but yeah maybe my frame of reference is off as it's a two-year-old game and I'm used to playing big multiplayer games. It's just weird that hitting 10,000 concurrent is noteworthy, is that an all-time high on Steam?

Thorgal

I'd buy it if it didn't have gfwl.

Also, looks like the Groupees bonus was music...
Edit: or maybe I just don't remember it, because the site seems to have crashed now =p

Maybe they can actually include some gameplay this time.

Missed this .

What do you mean by " no Gameplay " ?

cicero

That would be nice (the more games part). I was hoping for more variety, but I'd be happy with the XCOM Collection for 5 bucks if nothing else.

They have added and removed games from the list for the past two years they have been doing this promotion, I would assume they will continue to do so for the third time.

Turfster

Missed this .

What do you mean by " no Gameplay " ?

The latter half of the game is literally
hide behind the piece of cover that glitches the pathfinding/tracking of the BIG HUGE ROBOT ENEMY and pop out and take potshots at it until it dies for minutes on end...
over and over and over again.
It's snore-inducingly boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom