• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Hmm... maybe it's because I play with the mouse that I found Lasagne to be a pain.

Ah, I forgot about nachos. That Iron Cook challenge was the one I had trouble with. I had to replay it 3 times I think.

Burgers for some reason don't pain me that much. But I still prefer to put on my menu fast things that don't need much time or that you can send out while preparing other things, like Chicken Breast, Fish, Steak and Pizza. That way I'm able to serve 125+ people each day. Otherwise I can only make around 100 dishes.

How the fuck did you manage to get that far playing with he mouse?? :O

BTW after the last batch of challenges, I've upgraded basically every standard food and they're not THAT bad.
I mean, the worst thing is when the same ingredient changes letter across every dishes (like garlic G A, onion O N, tomato T O, etc.).

Also, the worst thing is the super needy dating system. WTF when I work (I mean, when I actually work, not when I blankly stare my FB wall) I'm not really used to answer texts... :D

Going by only the ones I've actually played, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter,

A pretty strong choice. I even wanted to kind of like it and maybe I would have if it had run for more than 30 seconds without crashing each time.

Noitu Love 2 Devlolution is a close second.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I was sure you'll pick Barbie...
disappointed now :(
A Valley Without Wind first one is a good choice though and I thought that 2 is better. Oh well, one less game to install.

I liked Dear Esther more or less, but I can see it not being a game enough for some people.

Barbie is pretty bad but it has enough novelty factor to not be one of the worst games on Steam, plus how you gonna hate on Barbie?

I thought AVWW 2 was going to be better as well, but it's worse. I actually found some enjoyment in exploring the first game, even if it wasn't very good. The second is just an affront to gaming.

Dear Esther was a pretty walking simulator for me. There are plenty of prettier and more interesting worlds I'd rather walk in, though.

Whichever one won the SteamGAF GOTY. :p (I've never actually played Rogue Legacy despite the praise.)
I've played it and I'd sincerely reply with "Rogue Legacy" when asked "which are the worst games you have currently installed?" followed by "Saint's Row 3" after glancing over my desktop shortcuts.

They're not the worst in my overall Steam library though, so there's that.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, I have the Tale of Two Wastelands mod sitting around here somewhere from way back when I was going to play Fallout 3.

I think he's suggesting that the only two Fallout games are Fallout 1 and 2, and there's three if you include New Vegas. Apparently Fallout 3 doesn't exist?

I would maybe say from the recent ones I played Gone Home. I can see why people liked it, but I loved Stanely Parable and Dear Esther, but really didnt like Gone Home.

kulapik

From that bundle I'm only interested on Joe Danger 2 and Runner 2, if I could get them separately i would totally go for it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What is the worst game you guys have (installed or not) in your games library?

Mine would be Dungeonland.
That I played or at least launched? Probably Dear Esther, I want those 20 minutes back. I really disliked what little I tried of Organ Trail too.

As part of a franchise? F.E.A.R. 3 and Hitman Absolution.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Someone posted in older steam thread having something like 300 games installed!
or was it 500? well, insane number like that

You might be thinking of me, as I mentioned I had installed almost my entire library over the course of a week. I currently have 568 Steam games installed, plus a few other non-Steam games, putting me very close to 600. Once I activate and install the keys I've acquired over the last month from the Steam and Amazon sales I will be well over 600.

So how many do you think one should have installed at the same time then? :D The entire library?

Yes. I have my Steam library of 522 games, minus redundancies with games like Company of Heroes and The Ship. Then over 100 non-Steam games added to my grid. I'm not at my PC, so I'm not sure the exact number.

I'll start downloading the Humble Bundle X games when I get home. I have no plans to play any of them anytime soon, it's just nice to have options.

I decided to install my entire library so that if I was in the mood to play any specific game I would never have to wait for it to download and install.

That seems like such a trivial barrier to playing, yet I would stare at my list of games wanting to play something but having a tough time deciding on which to take the time to install. By the time I would pick one and install it, I would often be distracted by other things going on in real life and would lose the desire to play. It almost made playing games feel like a chore.

With them all installed I find that I now choose a game to play almost instantly and of course I'm immediately in the game. The ease of accessibility just makes the experience of playing games feel much more productive and enjoyable.

xelios

Someone has discovered a much more efficient method of reviewing games on Steam.

JF6cWcI.png

V6bVRza.png

milena87

How the fuck did you manage to get that far playing with he mouse?? :O

Ahah, I don't know. It just felt easier. I do use the keyboard as well of course, for washing the dishes, dumping the garbage and selecting the dishes to do/send out.
I tried with only the keyboard, but it was a total mess.

BTW after the last batch of challenges, I've upgraded basically every standard food and they're not THAT bad.
I mean, the worst thing is when the same ingredient changes letter across every dishes (like garlic G A, onion O N, tomato T O, etc.).

Also, the worst thing is the super needy dating system. WTF when I work (I mean, when I actually work, not when I blankly stare my FB wall) I'm not really used to answer texts... :D

Seriously, why can't they wait a little bit and just send me an email? Maybe it would be a bit better if the texts changed faster and didn't make me lose 1-2 dishes :/

However, I don't know if I prefer the texts from the various dates or making the sketches of the robbers. Since I achieved Platinum level I get a lot more robbers, and they are always nice enough to arrive during rush hours @_@

Caerith

Someone has discovered a much more efficient method of reviewing games on Steam.

Over on the boards for LLTQ, some guy started a thread asking for tips and advice because he was planning to write a walkthrough for the game, which he didn't even own. The internet is a special place.

Hasney

I've just heard about My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!! and I wish I hadn't. It's not out until 2015 and since it's by the Analogue: A Hate Story people, I want it now.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Of course it doesn't exist, are you questioning that?

Well, I liked Fallout 3 a lot, so yep. Sorry! I played a little of the original games back in the day but Fallout 3 was the first time I sank a significant amount of time into the series.

wilflare

anyone still got a link to the website that shows you how much of your games you have played in %?

don't think it is how long you beat right

Knurek

I've just heard about My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!! and I wish I hadn't. It's not out until 2015 and since it's by the Analogue: A Hate Story people, I want it now.

Are there people? I thought it was just Christine Love?

Hasney

Going to start a new Fallout 3 playthrough if GFWL gets patched out. There's been enough time gone where exploring the place will feel amazing again.

Actually loved the fact that I didn't even know Dogmeat was in the game because I took a different path than the main story quest and in talking to people, actually skipped a large chunk of the story. Most games would just not give you the dialogue options at that point even though you know this woman knew your father, but Fallout 3 did and I will always love it for that.

Dr Dogg

Over on the boards for LLTQ, some guy started a thread asking for tips and advice because he was planning to write a walkthrough for the game, which he didn't even own. The internet is a special place.

Ahh the fear of ones own mortality. Though personally I'd rather do something a tad more poignant that seek eternal recognition by writing walkthroughs or plagiarised reviews.

Arthea

That's ... something
And I thought nothing can beat "Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This?" Little did I know!

Well, I liked Fallout 3 a lot, so yep. Sorry! I played a little of the original games back in the day but Fallout 3 was the first time I sank a significant amount of time into the series.

I haven't seen this post too!

Is one of the achievements taking a picture of you crossdressing in a crowded schoolyard?

That goes without saying, no?

Milamber

Is one of the achievements taking a picture of you crossdressing in a crowded schoolyard?

That's ... something
And I thought nothing can beat "Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This?" Little did I know!

I guess the title is making fun of japanese light novel titles. A lot of those are like

"I like my dog, but then a girl came into my world and made me horny!" or "When I was in High-School, my childhood friend decided to live with me and now I am stuck with her in my room!"

Caerith

Ahh the fear of ones own mortality. Though personally I'd rather do something a tad more poignant that seek eternal recognition by writing walkthroughs or plagiarised reviews.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Also known as MTBMMCAHANIHTDWAGSAADBWWMIAB. It rolls off the tongue nicely, I think.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh, that My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!!. I thought you meant the other one.

xelios

Also known as MTBMMCAHANIHTDWAGSAADBWWMIAB. It rolls off the tongue nicely, I think.

I can't imagine a game with that long of a title being in my library. Do you know what the current longest is?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Bioshock probably.
That's a darn good library, then.

I don't own any real "bad" games afaik. I might dislike some or they might not be my cup 'o tea, but bad?
Nah.

No Bad Rats here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom