• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It is xelios' favorite game as well [Barbie Dreamhouse Party].

I played/streamed it for a few friends for a little over half an hour yesterday. It's pretty bad as one would expect. You pick a random room in Barbie's house then search objects in that room with three of Barbie's friends for items to place on pedestals. Then you get to play an awful minigame against them. I hope you're good at brushing horses' teeth.

Iw9m1zM.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I played/streamed it for a few friends for a little over half an hour yesterday. It's pretty bad as one would expect. You pick a random room in Barbie's house then search objects in that room with three of Barbie's friends for items to place on pedestals. Then you get to play an awful minigame against them. I hope you're good at brushing horses' teeth.

It's just as amazing as I'd always imagined.

Arthea

I don't think so. I do like to have as many games installed as possible, though. I have 4 1 TB hard drives. My main hard drive, which is primarily for GOG, Origin, and general computer stuff. My second internal is full of Steam games, minus the 8 gigs I leave empty for any large updates that might be needed. My third is entirely Steam games, but it's only about half full. My external hard drive is half full, used for Dolphin games, movies, and television shows.

I really like going digital. My Vita has been full since a few months after I got it, and I currently have just about every 3DS game I'm interested in on its SD card.

Oh, I see. That's still a lot of games.

Not you then, it was someone with 2TB SSD full of steam games.

so, it's even worse than I imagined, in other words, worse than it's possible to imagine (><)
Now we only need that huge price drop.

Milamber

What are you drying off!?

Pervert

Caerith

Soup, Pasta and Lasagne were my biggest nightmares once updated. I never put them on the menu, unless there's a particular challenge or some VIP/romantic interest requires them (and I hate them for it).

I found soup got easier with upgrades, and lasagna only changes one key stroke each variant (PSCR -> PSMCR x2 + PSCR -> PSVCR x2 + PSCR -> PSMCR + PSVCR + PSCR). The trick to soup is the Mnemonics Guide, like Creamy Potato Soup = "Creamy Potato is Best Soup" = CPBS.

What I hate are burgers, pastas, and nachos because I don't like foods that can burn while I'm working on something else. Chicken, fish, steak, lasagna, and soup can all be sent out even while you're washing dishes (or opening wine bottles). What makes pasta especially bad is that the handful of (letters-match) sauces are on the first page, but all the (letters-don't-match) ingredients are on the second page.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Having a ridiculous amount of games installed just feels really nice. Sitting down to game, opening up Steam, and scrolling through a huge grid of available titles is satisfying. I think it's a result of having to save up for months to buy a single Game Gear cartridge as a kid. The idea of owning a massive quantity of game is still exciting to me.

Imagine opening your fridge and it's overflowing with hundreds of delicious meals. That's what opening Steam is like for me.

Arthea

My steam community is still broken, search usually comes empty, if for people. I probably need to find a way to fix it already.

Yup. I've got almost all 600+ of my games installed (old versions of games that have been completely superseded aren't, but everything else is)

Holy smoke!
I won't even be surprised anymore.

xelios

Do you stream publically? I love your reviews and figure I'd enjoy seeing you stream as well.

Not really. I only just started streaming recently and only at the request of some friends in a chat I frequent to see what certain oddball games play like (Continue?987654321, Barbie etc.) Don't think I'd be up to the pressure of consistent public streaming.

Thanks for the kind words!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How do I pick up medipacks and glowing items in typing of the dead overkill?

milena87

I found soup got easier with upgrades, and lasagna only changes one key stroke each variant (PSCR -> PSMCR x2 + PSCR -> PSVCR x2 + PSCR -> PSMCR + PSVCR + PSCR). The trick to soup is the Mnemonics Guide, like Creamy Potato Soup = "Creamy Potato is Best Soup" = CPBS.

What I hate are burgers, pastas, and nachos because I don't like foods that can burn while I'm working on something else. Chicken, fish, steak, lasagna, and soup can all be sent out even while you're washing dishes (or opening wine bottles). What makes pasta especially bad is that the handful of (letters-match) sauces are on the first page, but all the (letters-don't-match) ingredients are on the second page.

Hmm... maybe it's because I play with the mouse that I found Lasagne to be a pain.

Ah, I forgot about nachos. That Iron Cook challenge was the one I had trouble with. I had to replay it 3 times I think.

Burgers for some reason don't pain me that much. But I still prefer to put on my menu fast things that don't need much time or that you can send out while preparing other things, like Chicken Breast, Fish, Steak and Pizza. That way I'm able to serve 125+ people each day. Otherwise I can only make around 100 dishes.

wilflare

Not really. I only just started streaming recently and only at the request of some friends in a chat I frequent to see what certain oddball games play like (Continue?987654321, Barbie etc.) Don't think I'd be up to the pressure of consistent public streaming.

Thanks for the kind words!

hope I can see your reviews again soon man! kinda miss them and like what todd said, they are very helpful and informative!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Having a ridiculous amount of games installed just feels really nice. Sitting down to game, opening up Steam, and scrolling through a huge grid of available titles is satisfying. I think it's a result of having to save up for months to buy a single Game Gear cartridge as a kid. The idea of owning a massive quantity of game is still exciting to me.

Imagine opening your fridge and it's overflowing with hundreds of delicious meals. That's what opening Steam is like for me.
The problem is choosing what to play. Having so many options can be annoying.

xelios

What is the worst game you guys have (installed or not) in your games library?

Going by only the ones I've actually played, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, Inside a Star Filled Sky, Super Granny, Fluttabyes and A Valley Without Wind 2 are definitely up there.
Dear Esther too but that's likely to get me some hate.

Rogue Legacy.

It looks like Derrick has hijacked Jase's account. Still hating on good games from the grave.

Caerith

Ah right, I thought you meant the PC port specifically and in terms of bugs or what have you. The gameplay is very broken.
I could also say Yesterday. It's an adventure game about murder, torture, alchemy, and Satanic cults. The US version cut out pretty much everything except the alchemy.

Haha, I don't know what I'll move on to once I'm done with Liberation HD. Maybe I'll resume Borderlands 2.
Maybe you should move on to...

JaseC said:
Whichever one won the SteamGAF GOTY. :p (I've never actually played Rogue Legacy despite the praise.)
Fallout: New Vegas.

Arthea

Going by only the ones I've actually played, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, Inside a Star Filled Sky and A Valley Without Wind 2 are definitely up there.
Dear Esther too but that's likely to get me some hate.[/SPOILER
I was sure you'll pick Barbie...
disappointed now :(
A Valley Without Wind first one is a good choice though and I thought that 2 is better. Oh well, one less game to install.

I liked Dear Esther more or less, but I can see it not being a game enough for some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom