• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

I noticed that Penny Arcade games titles already do not fit and it annoys me to no end.

Another thing to add to the list of desired client 'features' - the ability to tag/rename your games. Better category management is still my #1, individually moving them is a bitch. Having the option to hide specific games would be neat too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
PES 2013 has been yanked:

about 11 hours ago Removed store name – Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

But this may have been a mistake on Valve's part as it occurred at the same time as the universal ogg removal:

about 11 hours ago Removed ogg – 103582791433980915

Coreda

Is there a feature of Enhanced Steam that allows you to view how large the total installed size of every game in your library would be?

Arthea

Jørdan;96325868 said:
Another thing to add to the list of desired client 'features' - the ability to tag/rename your games. Better category management is still my #1, individually moving them is a bitch. Having the option to hide specific games would be neat too.

Ya, that would be nice feature.
Hiding or removing from the library is too much hassle to implement, people would want to unhide some games eventually and it will be a pain for steam support. I think that won't happen ever.

Hasney

Hiding or removing from library is too much hassle to implement, people would want to unhide some games eventually and it will be a pain for steam support. I think that won't happen ever.

You could have it as a setting under tools to view hidden games or something.

All I really want is bulk categorizing and installing for me. Bought a new laptop and went to install 200 games... Wasn't fun.

Caerith

Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood is slightly longer but Hamlet is much more terrible.
ToMI:C4-tTaEoGT at least doesn't look like it's trying too hard. Hamlet just reminds me of where Polonius said, "Brevity is the soul of wit," then
proceeded to ramble at length

Caerith

It's true. If the full title showed up in my Steam library then it would look like I'm gonna have to jump.
captain20america20undcssbj.gif

cicero

Having a ridiculous amount of games installed just feels really nice. Sitting down to game, opening up Steam, and scrolling through a huge grid of available titles is satisfying. I think it's a result of having to save up for months to buy a single Game Gear cartridge as a kid. The idea of owning a massive quantity of game is still exciting to me.

Imagine opening your fridge and it's overflowing with hundreds of delicious meals. That's what opening Steam is like for me.

Exactly. I spent hours and hours reading through the catalogs and advertisements from the old Chips & Bits mail order video game retailer, or reading through PC Gamer back when I couldn't afford a PC, trying to figure out what games I would buy if I had the money to buy them. That also combined with my love of the experience of going to a library or store of some kind with a huge selection that fits my every need, and the desire to have that in my own home. That is what the Steam/GOG library means to me. A solution to the desire to be able to experience all of the older games I missed out on, and the desire to have access to a full array of games to fit my every whim.

Now all I am missing is the enormous amount of carefree spare time I had in my youth.

What is the worst game you guys have (installed or not) in your games library?

Mine would be Dungeonland.

I think I'm pretty satisfied with each and every one of the games I have in my library.

The candidates would be:

*Bioshock Infinite - because it so often annoyed my while playing it.
*Godus - which is still very early in development
*Peggle - It really isn't that good.
*Pixeljunk Monsters - because they didn't handle online coop as well as I had hoped. But of course it isn't actually a bad game.
*Sid Meier's Railroads! - because they removed stock trading and station improvements from Railroad Tycoon
*Trackmania United - because I never really got hooked on it.

One of them would be the worst I own on Steam.

Jørdan

Hiding or removing from the library is too much hassle to implement, people would want to unhide some games eventually and it will be a pain for steam support. I think that won't happen ever.

kaUJVYC.jpg

Hell, if Origin can do it. Support needn't be involved, just an improvement to the client or a better one that is more customer orientated.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
That is what the Steam/GOG library means to me. A solution to the desire to be able to experience all of the older games I missed out on, and the desire to have access to a full array of games to fit my every whim.
Yes. As someone who only just recently built a gaming PC, I have a lot of catching up to do. When I see a good deal on a game I've drooled over as either a child or young adult, I excitedly purchase it. 90% of the time, I never actually play whatever game it is. But I have the ability to, and that's nice.
Now all I am missing is the enormous amount of carefree spare time I had in my youth.

Sometimes I think about quitting my job and devoting a couple months to my backlog. Not that I'd ever do it, but it's a fantasy of mine.

Arthea

I think I'm pretty satisfied with each and every one of the games I have in my library.

The candidates would be:

*Bioshock Infinite - because it so often annoyed my while playing it.
*Godus - which is still very early in development
*Peggle - It really isn't that good.
*Pixeljunk Monsters - because they didn't handle online coop as well as I had hoped. But of course it isn't actually a bad game.
*Sid Meier's Railroads! - because they removed stock trading and station improvements from Railroad Tycoon
*Trackmania United - because I never really got hooked on it.

One of them would be the worst I own on Steam.
That's blasphemy of highest order!
Next, someone will post Tetris, Sudoku or Bejeweled, mark my word. (><)
Even if it's not your type of a game, no way you see it as not good enough. And if it was better, you'd like it.

Jørdan;96326615 said:
origin.jpg

Hell, if Origin can do it. Support needn't be involved, just an improvement to the client or a better one that is more customer orientated.

But that doesn't hide them, or remove them, you can make category hidden yourself and move games there, it's the same, no?

mclem

What is the worst game you guys have (installed or not) in your games library?

Mine would be Dungeonland.

Of those I've played, either Doc Clock or And Yet It Moves. AYIM frustrates me more, though, given I know it does have fans but I just find it relentlessly clunky to control. I think Doc Clock is a more 'universally' poor game.

Saty

Weird. Getting an error that i can't trade with some other person. I also can't sell cards. The button is greyed out and says: 'Cookies may not be enabled on your browser, check that all cookies are allowed by your browser or log out and in again'.

I'm using the client. Solution?

Jørdan

But that doesn't hide them, or remove them, you can make category hidden yourself and move games there, it's the same, no?

While it won't remove them from the library, you're right about support there, they are no longer shown - so no category or entries to view. A sorting option allows you to return them to the library. It's a minor issue though, I'd much rather have a drag n' drop system or whatever for moving games into categories.

Li Kao

Fuck, I have less free time than usual these days and the Steam sale just ended, leaving me with a big list of new games. I stare at them and it feels like the hangover after the party : how am I supposed to play all these games and which one first ? It's a little intimidating.
Starbound is installing right now. If it's anything like Terraria, all the questions will be null for the foreseeable future :-X

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Weird. Getting an error that i can't trade with some other person. I also can't sell cards. The button is greyed out and says: 'Cookies may not be enabled on your browser, check that all cookies are allowed by your browser or log out and in again'.

I used to get that quite a bit, try using the website instead, that worked for me whenever I got that error.

Jawmuncher

Use the browser and just set up trade offers.
I know it's a pain but I have the same issue and haven't found a fix aside from that.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Without getting too cute about subjective taste in games, I'd say Legendary is probably the worst game in my library that I've actually played. X-Blades would be a close second.

I also have Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines on there, but I managed to extract some enjoyment from the spectacle of their short comings. They're so very informative in the subject of how not to develop a game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Orrrrrrrrr...

I've tried to use that but regardless my problem is one of motivation. It's like the spirits of Jase and Derrick live with in me in that I collect a lot of stuff but have 'standards'.
That site does nothing for me. It only shows a collection of dots. Is it supposed to be showing images that are blocked here at work?

confuziz

Banned
Of those I've played, either Doc Clock or And Yet It Moves. AYIM frustrates me more, though, given I know it does have fans but I just find it relentlessly clunky to control. I think Doc Clock is a more 'universally' poor game.

Whaaaat? And Yet It Moves is a brilliant game. Surely it can't be the worst you have played.

Dr Dogg

That site does nothing for me. It only shows a collection of dots. Is it supposed to be showing images that are blocked here at work?

Ah ok. Well providing your profile is not set to private (or the site blocked at your work) it will look at all your games and randomly pick a selection. You can chose how many games to randomise from 1 upwards as well as add 3 other people to the list to compare games you all have in common.

Still it doesn't strap you down and force you to play it though, which is what I probably need.

Kiru

It's already the humble download link. I think it still works. Already have it so I'm giving it away.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-A6918E08A02CBC9D - Taken by _hekk05. 1 entrants total.

t1389185199z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ah ok. Well providing your profile is not set to private (or the site blocked at your work) it will look at all your games and randomly pick a selection. You can chose how many games to randomise from 1 upwards as well as add 3 other people to the list to compare games you all have in common.

Still it doesn't strap you down and force you to play it though, which is what I probably need.
Haha, I completely agree. Someone should create a site that did exactly that.

*looks at Jshackles*

random

I wish I didn't try to redeem To the Moon again to get the soundtrack, as someone said yesterday. It probably was already discussed, but it didn't work for me.
Even if it worked, I would probably get more enjoyment from giving away a good game here, than having a second way to access a sountrack that I may never listen to...

With my obligatory whining out of the way, here are two games from the Humble Bundle X, that I am really happy to have already had the chance to play.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Papo & Yo -- MB-DA3A2AE871B5582B - Taken by backdrifter. 4 entrants total.
Runner2 -- MB-A8502A36EE29F416 - Taken by _hekk05. 5 entrants total.

t1389186459z1.png

Jenks

Banned
What happened in the latest update?
Ive got loads of games that need updating and 80GB was freed up on my steam HDD?

schuey7

What happened in the latest update?
Ive got loads of games that need updating and 80GB was freed up on my steam HDD?

I have not booted up my computer today and reading this makes me hesitant to start steam.I do not want to redownload games.Any fixes ?

I'm hoping now that jshacks has begun porting ES to the client that he might be able to hack this feature in

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Here you go guys, my favorite game. Hope you enjoy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Civilization V -- MB-C4AE431E06DD668B - Taken by NotSelf. 10 entrants total.

t1389198383z1.png

oipic

I've spent the past few hours trying to get my PC to boot (sigh) - motherboard warning LEDs lit up like a Christmas tree, I think it's on it's last legs. :(

Anywho.

Buying Anno 1404 is going to the most fun moment of my life.

I hope I'm around to share this moment with you, Jase - we shall dance a little jig together (or post Saoirse high-five gifs, whichever).

Damn, Dust: AET is eye-popping beautiful. Did Noogy seriously do all of the game's art by himself?

It is indeed beautiful. I can't even fathom how much time and love must have gone into hand-drawing (painting?) the art for Dust, it has lovely little details everywhere. I've been so pleasantly surprised by this game in all sorts of ways, and I'm now an unashamed Noogy fan-boy.

Here you go guys, my favorite game. Hope you enjoy.

Nice one, GK - I think it's my favourite, too. If I were to be stranded on that proverbial desert island where one can only take a single game, I'd choose CivV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom