• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Motor Rock offers have ballooned to 25 keys (well, at least one bloke was willing to cough up as much). Time to make some money.

I hope I'm around to share this moment with you, Jase - we shall dance a little jig together (or post Saoirse high-five gifs, whichever).

tumblr_mjxtrocujr1rxkmdrja.gif

I'm hoping now that jshacks has begun porting ES to the client that he might be able to hack this feature in

ES Standalone doesn't modify Steam's code directly. Unless he gets a job at Valve he can't expand upon the features of the client proper. Edit: Never mind!

Dr Dogg

I'm dangerously getting close to 666 games. I wonder what horror I should celebrate the event with?

And no, not Bad Rats!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Nice one, GK - I think it's my favourite, too. If I were to be stranded on that proverbial desert island where one can only take a single game, I'd choose CivV.

I think I would have to join you. Even without the expansions, I poured so much time into the game. Quite addicting and rewarding. With the expansions, the game is god tier. I love it.

Pakkidis

1) Is their any way to move lots of games from one category to another. Or do you have to individually set category for each game

2) Is their any way to sort games in grid view other than alphabetically?

KingKong

I haven't turned on Steam in a couple of days, anyone else have to download updates for Source SDK 2007 and 2006 and Dedicated Server? I have CS:GO and Dota installed but man, just the SDK 2k7 is 2.2 gigs, what kind of update is that

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I haven't turned on Steam in a couple of days, anyone else have to download updates for Source SDK 2007 and 2006 and Dedicated Server? I have CS:GO and Dota installed but man, just the SDK 2k7 is 2.2 gigs, what kind of update is that

It's the kind of update where we live in 2014 and 1tb hard drives are 60 dollars.

Shade

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-27E4790240A9F24E - Taken by Cheddahz. 56 entrants total.

t1389201623z1.png

Here you go guys, my favorite game. [Civ V] Hope you enjoy.
Zogods why are you suckering someone else into addiction, it's not fair. /sarcasm

I received the Brave New World expansion from a friend during the sale and only had a month with Gods and Kings, but this fucking game. Destroyed my memories of Civ III and brought me up to modern times, I think it's even replaced Rise of Nations as my favorite RTS.

Whoever wins, enjoy and don't be discouraged by failure, you'll fuck up those Huns next time.

Played a little of Runespell Overture last night. Not bad. I haven't hit any issues I saw in the Metacritic score yet.

Looks like I may have picked it up from a IndieRoyale bundle. Is it possible that anyone may have an unused key? I'd be interested in passing it off to a friend of mine. Just checking.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm hoping now that jshacks has begun porting ES to the client that he might be able to hack this feature in

It's not impossible. But it will require me to make my own skin.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also, got a nice surprise in my email this morning. I reached out to my contact at Techland a few weeks ago about Call of Juarez: The Cartel not listing Uplay on the Steam page. This morning I got this response:

Thanks for notifying us about this, J
I shared your request with our marketing guy fixing Steam store pages when needed.
I think he managed to handled this by now… so check it out if now the store contains the info that you required.

Yep.

Jw6Kw6h.png

Cheddahz

Banned
MGR comes out tomorrow, right? I hope that everyone who has never played it before and pre-ordered it has a blast with it! It was personally my favorite game of 2013

M*A*S*H

So the latest steam update just deleted a handful of games from my hdd. 18gb of games are just gone. And when I bought proteus a moment ago, I got 5 snow globe cards in my inventory (including a foil), which of course instantly expired. When did gaben turn into the trickster god?

Divius

So the latest steam update just deleted a handful of games from my hdd. 18gb of games are just gone. And when I bought proteus a moment ago, I got 5 snow globe cards in my inventory (including a foil), which of course instantly expired. When did gaben turn into the trickster god?
I had to redownload Source SDK 2006/2007 and Portal. Weird.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Does Dungeon Defenders still have daily multi-gig updates?

Uninstalling that game is still probably one of my top 5 decisions of all time.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

HoosTrax

Anyone know what was in Humble Bundle #9?

I have all of the numbered non-Android bundles between #4 and #10, but for some reason, I apparently didn't buy #9, and now I'm all curious. For that matter, what was in #1, #2, and #3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom