• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Anyone know what was in Humble Bundle #9?

I have all of the numbered non-Android bundles between #4 and #10, but for some reason, I apparently didn't buy #9, and now I'm all curious. For that matter, what was in #1, #2, and #3?

http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Humble_Indie_Bundle_9

Games
Trine 2: Complete Story
Mark of the Ninja
Eets: Munchies
Brütal Legend
BTA Games
FTL: Faster Than Light
FEZ
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
A Virus Named TOM
Bastion
LIMBO

Nabs

Anyone know what was in Humble Bundle #9?

I have all of the numbered non-Android bundles between #4 and #10, but for some reason, I apparently didn't buy #9, and now I'm all curious. For that matter, what was in #1, #2, and #3?

Trine 2: Complete Story, Mark of the Ninja, Eets: Munchies and Brütal Legend

FTL: Faster Than Light, and FEZ. On Sep 18, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, A Virus Named TOM, Bastion, and LIMBO

StAidan

I finished Gone Home last night. Like some other posters, I found the game ultimately disappointing, because what I thought would be an
interesting story about why your entire family disappeared
turned out to be nothing more than a
teenage runaway/romance
, -- which I guess is mildly interesting, but kind of a letdown -- and, oh, by the way, your
parents are on vacation
-- which wasn't interesting at all.

That said, while the plot was lacking, the voice acting and the "writing voices" of the characters were excellent and realistic, and the environments were believable. In spite of knowing in advance that there would be no scares or combat, I felt suitably creeped out exploring the abandoned house all by myself. I didn't spend much time listening to the
audio cassettes
because every time I turned one on, I got the uncomfortable feeling that
I couldn't hear anything else that might be going on in the house

Bottom line, I'd enjoy playing another game in a similar style, but I'd definitely want a better story next time.

mclem

Whaaaat? And Yet It Moves is a brilliant game. Surely it can't be the worst you have played.

Overall, no, but on Steam? I think it might be. But as I indicated above, I'm very sure that it's because I don't *get* it. I do find the world-rotation ridiculously clunky and the player movement slow and imprecise.

I do wonder if there's an issue in that I'm trying to treat it as a platformer, and trying to use more twitchy controls than perhaps it wants.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Indie Royale @indieroyale
The next @indieroyale bundle will feature 8 games: 8 Windows, 7 Mac, 2 Linux. 7 Steam are on Steam the other is in Greenlight.

Amazing, the next Indie Royale will have 7 Steam Games on Steam!

We dodged Origin once again! I wouldn't want those Steam games on Origin, no sir!

HoosTrax

Trine 2: Complete Story, Mark of the Ninja, Eets: Munchies and Brütal Legend

FTL: Faster Than Light, and FEZ. On Sep 18, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, A Virus Named TOM, Bastion, and LIMBO
Thanks. I probably didn't feel like paying BTA just for Rocketbirds and A Virus Named TOM.

As for the first three, I think I managed to pick up most of the games in those at some point along the line anyway, with the exception of:
Penumbra: Overture
Lugaru HD
Cortex Command
Steel Storm

Nabs

Team17 is adding a Linux version of Worms Clan Wars as we speak.

7 minutes ago Changed Depots
233851/config/oslist: linux
233851/name: Worms Clan Wars Linux content

Nice timing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
posted?

Indie Royale ‏@indieroyale 9m

The next @indieroyale bundle will feature 8 games: 8 Windows, 7 Mac, 2 Linux. 7 Steam are on Steam the other is in Greenlight.

also good morning :)

Idling or playing? xD

mTIHRN7.png

AkuMifune

Banned
Between Paper Sorcerer and the Banner Saga, January is going to be an awesome month for weird indie RPG's. Both games remind me of twisted D&D fever dreams.

Has anyone played either yet, or looking forward to them? Swear I heard some podcast talking about Banner Saga, but can't remember which one now.

Also, couldn't beat the Queen in Hammerwatch with only 1 life, so started over. Made it to her in an hour with 12 lives, and then beat her without losing one. Heh. Tomorrow I have off from work and plan to marathon it. Maybe I should start streaming....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
RPG Maker VX Ace got cards, thats...random

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Anyone have a list of what games are affected by the update bug? I just got the notification to update/restart Steam and I don't want it to delete my games when I start my computer up tomorrow.

I'm guessing it's just Source engine titles?

Firehead

I don't use categories. If you want to reset the categories you've created you can just delete your profile.

Haha, guess. ;)

Nah, was just hoping you might've made custom categories for all of your games and I could just steal that from ya, instead of putting in effort and making it look all neatly organised myself. :D

Rhaknar

boo its a repeat bundle

Indie Royale ‏@indieroyale 1m

The next @indieroyale bundle will be The Choices 2013 Bundle featuring 8 top games from our 2013 bundles.

fantomena

How do I remove a skin totally? Downloading Air to try it, if I don't like it i want to remvoe it, don't jsut change the skin to the standard skin.

Grief.exe

boo its a repeat bundle

Indie Royale ‏@indieroyale 1m

The next @indieroyale bundle will be The Choices 2013 Bundle featuring 8 top games from our 2013 bundles.

I haven't bought many bundles in 2013, so I will probably be interested.

How do I remove a skin totally? Downloading Air to try it, if I don't like it i want to remvoe it, don't jsut change the skin to the standard skin.

Select from the menu to change or delete from the skins folder.

Well, install is two parts, usually:
(1) Font Installation
(2) Dropping the folder for the skin into the <SteamHome>\skins\ directory.

So if you want to get rid of it, just switch back to the default and then delete the folder you put in Skins in step (2) above.

There's no real reason to worry about uninstalling any installed fonts.

Frologic

Really glad to see Depression quest get greenlit. It's incredibly well written and a realistically portrayal of mental illness. The way they deal with choices and branching paths is pretty clever. It's an experience I highly recommend. It might be a trigger for some people though so tread lightly.

XShagrath

Is it normal for the cloud sync on exit from Steam to take forever?

I did the "Exit Now" once when it was taking forever, and I think it ate my Rocksmith save. So I definitely don't want to have that happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom