• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

So, I have 5 euros burning on my Steam Wallet, so I wondered I would do a giveaway. But because I don't know what to giveaway, I'll let you decide!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19CKoBAoCOPwi2vdix8EGWS_pmZ6-epxrLoldqfl-i4U/viewform

Introduce there your GAF username and the game you would want. If I can get it cheaper than 5€, I'll make a giveaway for it. It doesn't have to be on the Steam Store, I can trade keys for it so from russian traders or thanks to other websites might be cheaper.

I'll let this form 24 hours so y'all can answer it, and I'll try to do reminders.
That is a pretty clever idea.

Nope, Telltale totally dropped the ball in this regard. You have to have a save file from the PC version, or it'll just randomly generate decisions for you. I was in the same situation as you, and I'll say it's definitely worth it to replay Season 1 on PC. Still an excellent game regardless, and it's a far better experience on PC regardless.
With Telltale taking on so many projects at once, at least we don't have to worry about their QA slipping.

Nabs

Some good Family Sharing news:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/familysharing#announcements/detail/1514631872082060861

New: Lenders to authorize family members’ accounts

We’ve made a change to the way Family Sharing works in the most recent Steam client beta, where lenders must now identify the Steam users who may access and play their shared games on shared computers. This allows lenders more control while reducing the risk of VAC or other bans resulting from an unknown user accessing and abusing shared games on an authorized machine.

Family Sharing is now a two-factor authorization process, where up to ten Steam accounts on up to ten machines may be authorized to share your library at a given time. Any of these ten users may log into any of your ten authorized machines to access and play your shared games. Additionally, users may still request access to your shared library by sending you a request from any machine where you've installed games.

To authorize up to ten family members to share your games, visit Family Sharing settings using the most recent Steam client beta update. Our FAQ have also been updated to reflect these changes.

Card Boy

Banned
Quick rundown:

+ It's about an hour long

- It's about an hour long
- Terrible graphics
- Terrible animations
- Horrendous voice acting and dialogue
- Terrible controls
- Terrible camera
- Terrible shooting mechanics
- Buggy as fuck
- Forced walking section that lasts for about 10 minutes
- The worst and most pointless driving section ever
- The worst and most pointless on-rails shooting section ever
- There's an episode 2 planned

Honestly, it's probably the worst game I've ever played.

Don't get why you bought it. Wasn't this video a warning?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdE9Unac29E

As someone said it looks like a terrible CS1.6 mod. Further proof Steam Greenlight is crap.

kulapik

It's needless to say that the most requested game will be the given away, and if there's still money left, I'll give more than one :)

All right, tried out some Alpha Protocol earlier. I definitely enjoy it, but the RPG aspects seem a bit janky... We're supposed to believe Thornton is an agent recruited for the most secretive organisation in the world, and yet he barely knows how to shoot a gun or stay hidden. After Tomb Raider, where exactly the opposite is true, it's kinda jarring.

Quick rundown:

- Terrible graphics
- Terrible animations
- Terrible controls
- Terrible camera
- Buggy as fuck

Yep, that sounds like it's exactly as I expected. Could be an entertaining buy in a sale if they ever make it any cheaper. lol

Card Boy

Banned
one of those 'so bad it's good' games.

even-possible.jpg

Is such a thing possible?

kulapik

Ok, figured out how to do it so the answer doesn't repeat and see them on different posts, but will keep it as it is, don't wanna screw it more >-<

An-Det

Quick rundown:

- Terrible graphics
- Terrible animations
- Terrible controls
- Terrible camera
- Buggy as fuck

That sounds hilariously awful. I didn't expect much given what we'd seen already, but that definitely takes the cake. I just watched the trailer for it on it's steam page, wow.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The Mars Polar Lander was launched 15 years ago today. Here are some games about people in space.

Space Asshole should have been patched into the game as a closing credit song before THQ went under.

Holy shit you guys, Spelunky. There is nothing else.

I'm going to have to do a giveaway later, because everyone needs to play it. All the time.

Excuse me while I go play some more Spelunky.

I KNOW, RIGHT!?

DukeBobby

I hate to be so harsh, especially since it's the studio's first game, but an epic action adventure in the vein of Uncharted is not a good starting point.

Start small. Create an indie game or something.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spelunky -- MB-AFA55C65BBDAD550 - Taken by Fox318. 44 entrants total.
header.jpg

Brought to you in part by mannerbot! Also, seriously. This game. It's the only videogame.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
By request:

Don't Take This If You Already Own Toki Tori 2 Plus -- The Two Tribes Bundle (28 entrants)
Too Many Puppies / With Guns In Their Hands -- Humble Weekly: Puppy Games (6 entrants)
Co-Op With One of MakeshiftChef's Kids -- Foul Play (7 entrants) &#8212; CSD would have been a MUCH better choice. I wish I had been clever enough to go with that instead of referencing this post.
The Doctor Wore One -- FEZ (5 entrants) &#8212; correctly guessed by LuffyZoro
Like 30 Lightning Strikes -- 1000 Amps (5 entrants)
R.I.P. Hamilton Camp -- Ducktales (20 entrants) &#8212; correctly guessed by Wok, which impressed me. I would not have expected someone who presumably grew up watching the show dubbed in French to get this one since Hamilton Camp was the English voice of Gizmoduck.
You Can't Be A Wizard, Only A Magic-User -- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (13 entrants)
Be! Aggressive! B-E Aggressive! -- Humble Weekly: Cipher Prime (6 entrants)
Easy...But Not Necessarily Easy (ba-BUMP BUMP) -- Ys I & II Chronicles (5 entrants)
This Year You Overlooked An Excellent Puzzler; Remedy That Mistake -- Tetrobot & Co. (14 entrants) &#8212; correctly guessed by Wok, who up until this sale was the only person on my friends list that owned it.
Eat Something, You Skinny Little Weirdo -- Don't Starve (20 entrants) &#8212; correctly guessed by Mr. Poolman
A Rougelike -- Papers, Please (42 entrants) &#8212; correctly guessed by toddhunter
Search Query: "Tellaerin". Did You Mean: Tel'Arin | Tel'Elerin -- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (6 entrants) &#8212; I MISTYPED TEL'ELERON and couldn't do anything about it! AUGH :(
Chocoholics, Beware -- Long Live the Queen (5 entrants) &#8212; Unfortunately, Caerith won this one...and obviously he already owns the game, so he ended up thanking me, turning down the gift and now I gotta give it away again. The funny thing about this is that I considered using the hint "Caerith Would Approve", but since so many others bought it and were singing its praises during the sale I thought more people would guess this.

The following weren't hints at all, but there's no other way to pass any kind of message through ModBot anonymously.
You Can Re-Gift Any Of These Games, I Don't Mind (8 entrants) -- Humble Weekly: Daedalic Bundle
None Of These Games Are Bad Rats (5 entrants) -- Humble Weekly: Team 17
Please Don't Clog Up The Thread With Thank You Posts (19 entrants) -- Rogue Legacy

Since it was difficult to tell which games are which, I wanted to make sure people knew it was okay to pass the gift along if they got something they knew they didn't want or already had&#8212;and that no, none of the games were Bad Rats.

Thanks for playing and thanks for being good sports, everyone. :)

mannerbot

By request:

Don't Take This If You Already Own Toki Tori 2 Plus -- The Two Tribes Bundle (28 entrants)
Too Many Puppies / With Guns In Their Hands -- Humble Weekly: Puppy Games (6 entrants)
Co-Op With One of MakeshiftChef's Kids -- Foul Play (7 entrants) — CSD would have been a MUCH better choice. I wish I had been clever enough to go with that instead of referencing this post.
The Doctor Wore One -- FEZ (5 entrants) — correctly guessed by LuffyZoro
Like 30 Lightning Strikes -- 1000 Amps (5 entrants)
R.I.P. Hamilton Camp -- Ducktales (20 entrants) — correctly guessed by Wok, which impressed me. I would not have expected someone who presumably grew up watching the show dubbed in French to get this one since Hamilton Camp was the English voice of Gizmoduck.
You Can't Be A Wizard, Only A Magic-User -- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (13 entrants)
Be! Aggressive! B-E Aggressive! -- Humble Weekly: Cipher Prime (6 entrants)
Easy...But Not Necessarily Easy (ba-BUMP BUMP) -- Ys I & II Chronicles (5 entrants)
This Year You Overlooked An Excellent Puzzler; Remedy That Mistake -- Tetrobot & Co. (14 entrants) — correctly guessed by Wok, who up until this sale was the only person on my friends list who owned it
Eat Something, You Skinny Little Weirdo -- Don't Starve (20 entrants) — correctly guessed by Mr. Poolman
A Rougelike -- Papers, Please (42 entrants) — correctly guessed by toddhunter
Search Query: "Tellaerin". Did You Mean: Tel'Arin | Tel'Elerin -- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (6 entrants) — I MISTYPED TEL'ELERON and couldn't do anything about it! AUGH :(
Chocoholics, Beware -- Long Live the Queen (5 entrants) — Unfortunately, Caerith won this one...and obviously he already owns the game, so he ended up thanking me, turning down the gift and now I gotta give it away again. The funny thing about this is that I considered using the hint "Caerith Would Approve", but since so many others bought it and were singing its praises during the sale I thought more people would guess this.

The following weren't hints at all, but there's no other way to pass any kind of message through ModBot anonymously.
You Can Re-Gift Any Of These Games, I Don't Mind (8 entrants) -- Humble Weekly: Daedalic Bundle
None Of These Games Are Bad Rats (5 entrants) -- Humble Weekly: Team 17
Please Don't Clog Up The Thread With Thank You Posts (19 entrants) -- Rogue Legacy

Since it was difficult to tell which games are which, I wanted to make sure people knew it was okay to pass the gift along if they got something they knew they didn't want or already had—and that no, none of the games were Bad Rats.

Thanks for playing and thanks for being good sports, everyone. :)

Ahh, I totally should've known that Chocoholics was LLTQ!!!! Drat. Thanks for being so generous as always.

Hard Reset with all the little jumping at your face enemies is trying my patience.

edit: got a steam update prompt and in the text box it has the "steam community is unavailable" page. lol

This Year You Overlooked An Excellent Puzzler; Remedy That Mistake -- Tetrobot & Co. (14 entrants) — correctly guessed by Wok, who up until this sale was the only person on my friends list that owned it.

French guy, French game :)

Swing Swing's previous game, Block That Matter, is really good (but too hard for me, I'm not so much into puzzle games), so I should give Tetrobot a try (also because, me too, I'm French).

Turfster

Can you even still buy that on steam anymore? I remember playing the demo on my 360 back in the day and found it really poor

I'd check, but the store isn't loading.
Seriously, fuck these 12 year olds that run a script using someone else's zombie network and call themselves 'hackers'.

Hard Reset with all the little jumping at your face enemies is trying my patience.
Does it keep doing that after the first 20 minutes of level 2, because that's where I'd had enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom