• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkuMifune

Banned
Really glad to see Depression quest get greenlit. It's incredibly well written and a realistically portrayal of mental illness. The way they deal with choices and branching paths is pretty clever. It's an experience I highly recommend. It might be a trigger for some people though so tread lightly.

I look forward to taking LSD and playing Outlast with an Oculus Rift, but I'm too scared to play Depression Quest.

Arthea

Really glad to see Depression quest get greenlit. It's incredibly well written and a realistically portrayal of mental illness. The way they deal with choices and branching paths is pretty clever. It's an experience I highly recommend. It might be a trigger for some people though so tread lightly.

I can't fathom who would need to experience a game induced depression, really I can't. Don't we have enough of it as it is?

Hasney

New Steam Client Update:

Changes:
- Enabled Steam to release a cloud of an inebriating substance from the PCs vents

fantomena

How did I get the spacing betwqeen game sin grid view lesser in Air? I tried to fix the interiorspacing in a file, but it did not work.

Edit: Solved it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I would like to add Mark of the ninja is an awesome game
Yep! Speaking of which:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-B2546EFFF9379EF3 - Taken by topyy. 3 entrants total.

t1389207699z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Indie Royale Choices 2013 bundle is live. Repeats.

A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2
Cognition episode 1 and 2
Dungeon Hearts
Pid
Richard and Alice
Waveform

We should have known when they said "7 Steam games" that there would be things like A Valley Without Wind 1&2 and the first two episodes of Cognition.

Knurek

Dungeon Hearts
Pid
Richard and Alice
Waveform

Having just finished Richard and Alice, I must say (despite some glowing reviews in gaming press) that the 'game' is terrible all around. Only thing even nearing worthwhile in it is the music. Avoid, avoid, avoid - terrible waste of time.

Pid is great, but everyone already should have it.

HoosTrax

Dungeon Hearts
Pid
Richard and Alice
Waveform
I don't really recommend Dungeon Hearts, it's really meant to be a mobile game. AVWW is an example of not very well polished procedural level generation.

Pid is a very nice platformer, and it can run at >60 fps if I recall correctly, which made it look incredibly smooth.

Don't know about the others.

rrs

Reposting 50/50 Bat Rats/Starbound raffle, again.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

I heard you liek Rats. -- MB-89056B8C5F8053BF
Rats in human situations. -- MB-283216B48E80A4D3

t1389221376z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just bought the bundle for Richard & Alice and the faint hope of the mystery title being something I don't already have:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Waveform -- MB-A2B0D9F61A5A37E4 - Taken by NingenJanai
Cognition Episode 1 plus 2 -- MB-24F62812C8B04DA0 - Taken by Cyberquake
A Valley Without Wind 1 plus 2 -- MB-0E44D1B382E4BA2D - Taken by Archaix
Pid -- MB-FD108CD99B357E53 - Taken by schuey7
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-726FCDB4583B67CB - Taken by wetflame

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Agreed that's what I'm waiting for.
Once someone gifts it to you from SteamGAF then it's your duty to pass it on.

The Bad Rats Roulette giveaways are the best though, especially when it's not a free-for-all and you antagonise over which of the options it could be. The guy that made it must be loving GAF for all the sales.

It's JaseC, that's how he funds his game collecting.

Knurek

Can someone not using Compact skin and having Gorky 17 (JaseC?) check whether their Steam client will start suddenly using 100 (50/25 depending on number of cores) CPU when viewing that entry in client?

Jawmuncher

The Bad Rats Roulette giveaways are the best though, especially when it's not a free-for-all and you antagonise over which of the options it could be. The guy that made it must be loving GAF for all the sales.

It's JaseC, that's how he funds his game collecting.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if 99% of the purchases are GAF related during sales

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can someone not using Compact skin and having Gorky 17 (JaseC?) check whether their Steam client will start suddenly using 100 (50/25 depending on number of cores) CPU when viewing that entry in client?

Nothing out of the ordinary here -- it just bounces between the usual 1-3%.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, I got Scott Pilgrim through PS+ and really enjoyed it, would love to see it on Steam. Doubt it'll ever happen though :(

Thanks for Dungeon Hearts, Jase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom