• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

My advise for everyone now that the Steam Sale is over:
Only install the games you want to play at the moment. And select to view only your installed games. Less choise is good for you. I get intimidated by my backlog sometimes and i dont feel like playing anything then.

I would say this is good advice.

I plan out what I'm going to play in the immediate future, I split up genres so I don't get burned out by throwing in 'change of pace games.' Something like Brothers or Metal Gear Rising will separate the shooters.

zkylon

zkylewd
Soup, Pasta and Lasagne were my biggest nightmares once updated. I never put them on the menu, unless there's a particular challenge or some VIP/romantic interest requires them (and I hate them for it).
soup and pasta I can manage because they're tough but sorta fun. lasagna upgrade just breaks my flow, it suuuuuuuucks

Grief.exe

Steam Family sharing is out of beta client, and in the release client:
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434899839#announcements/detail/1891810256974531037

Family Options is different from Family Sharing.

b7e31c36b0deab68296f03878419493df4e58cc2_full.jpg
≠
de0447b6d0b23d766f804e0923706a8642b5fc3d_full.jpg

Turfster

why the fuck is steam not letting me sell cards because it says the cookies in my browser arent on? whut? o_O

They basically fucked something up last night with regards to Steam Guard.
If you delete the ssfn file and let Steam Guard do the code thing, it's "fixed", apparently, but I'm waiting for a proper fix from Valve themselves.
Get your fucking thumb out of your ass, Valve, it's been over 12 hours.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do we have a timer for when MGR is up?

This happens if you are logged in both in the client and browser. Close browser and restart client. At least it fixes that way to me.

but im not logged in the browser :( I never use the browser for steam (unless its to redeam humble bundle keys)

edit: theres the 75% Sherlock someone wanted and missed during the sale

Kadin

Just noticed that Gamefly still has a few games from their Winter Sale up. Bioshock Infinite for $9.99, FFVII for $5.99, Saint's Row IV for $19.99, XCOM Enemy Within $14.99 and others...

Is this the continued sale they had before or did they bring it back?

but im not logged in the browser :( I never use the browser for steam (unless its to redeam humble bundle keys)

I screwed around with that all last night and all I could do to fix it was log into my browser and stop using the client. It's not a fix essentially, but I can now buy/sell via Chrome. Hope they get this resolved quick, kind of annoying...

Storm360

Anyone having issues with Steam and chrome? On my desktop opening any Steam page is giving me a oops error that a plug in has crashed

Gamerloid

Anyone having issues with Steam and chrome? On my desktop opening any Steam page is giving me a oops error that a plug in has crashed

Works fine for me. Only problem I get is that Steam Community keeps logging me out even though I'm still logged in to the store.

Storm360

Works fine for me. Only problem I get is that Steam Community keeps logging me out even though I'm still logged in to the store.

Odd, was working fine the other day, nothing on my system has changed too, it's just steam and certain Steam pages (profiles and game lists work fine)

fernandes

Working fine here. That plugin error might be a clue. You should check your plugins/extensions for any conflicts or out of date stuff.

Storm360

Working fine here. That plugin error might be a clue. You should check your plugins/extensions for any conflicts or out of date stuff.

I haven't changed anything at all in Chrome, but I do have Enhanced Steam installed, which is the only thing I could think it could possibly be? (I have it installed on my laptop too, which i'm using now and it works fine)

Assassin's Creed Revelations just might be my favourite entry yet. Combat is still garbage but I like all of the improvements to mobility and the removal of wanted posters.

Aaron

I remember reading a preview of this game in a gaming magazine a long long time ago. It looked cool at the time and, surprisingly enough, it still does now.
It's a decent Splinter Cell clone with a few original ideas. For that price it's worth it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man, Wayforward dropped it hard. Shantae got Greenlighted like, what, 4-5 months ago? I haven't seen any news about it.

It's no secret that they hadn't begun any of the work for the port back before it got greenlit. Plus they finished up a kickstarter for a separate game recently.

Enhanced Steam shows Metal Gear Rising is £10.71 on Nuuvem, now I've never heard of or used Nuuvem before so is the site fine for me to buy as someone in the UK or should I give it a miss?

eek5

Enhanced Steam shows Metal Gear Rising is £10.71 on Nuuvem, now I've never heard of or used Nuuvem before so is the site fine for me to buy as someone in the UK or should I give it a miss?

REGION LOCKED: This game can only be played in North, Central and South

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It is indeed beautiful. I can't even fathom how much time and love must have gone into hand-drawing (painting?) the art for Dust, it has lovely little details everywhere. I've been so pleasantly surprised by this game in all sorts of ways, and I'm now an unashamed Noogy fan-boy.
I went into the game decided to hate it, and Noogy single-handedly showed me the error of my ways. At first I didn't like the art style and characters; at the end of the game I chose it as my 2013 Steam GOTY (my overall GOTY is Pokemon Y).

Fantastic game. Never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I did.

Turfster

REGION LOCKED: This game can only be played in North, Central and South
It was claimed way back that the site said that, but that the key wasn't actually region locked.
Of course, this was before Konami decided to lock out all of Asia, so maybe it's changed by now.

Knurek

I went into the game decided to hate it, and Noogy single-handedly showed me the error of my ways. At first I didn't like the art style and characters; at the end of the game I chose it as my 2013 Steam GOTY (my overall GOTY is Pokemon Y).

Fantastic game. Never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I did.

Oh yes, character design is... well, bad. And it's a pity Noggy didn't hire some Japanese/Korean voice actors. Would work much better than the American ones IMO.
Still, game looks gorgeous and plays quite nicely as well.

Backlogger

Minor Greenlight annoyance... Everytime I generate a new greenlight queue it includes a bunch of games that were already green-lit. When you are viewing a game that hasn't been green-lit it gives you this nifty button that allows you to go to the next game in your queue, but that button doesn't exist if the game was already green-lit so you have to go back to the main page and start over :(

Looks like some other 505 Games stuff got added into the Amazon Editors choice list at $7.50 (so $2.50 with the code) such as How To Survive, Marlow Briggs, and a few others. Trying to figure out right now if I want Brothers and / or How to Survive. Don't really know much about either, but they have both piqued my interest before.

Kuroyume

Banned
The Portal 2 key MAY or MAY NOT work. If not sorry about that.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-D004B00229995DC5 - Taken by Copons. 12 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-1563858EB6DD6F88 - Taken by Gamerloid. 1 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-1416DF6A205D9F93 - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 3 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-C76657B000CAFD3D - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 2 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-C3871084A55A1A9B - Taken by bonesquad. 1 entrants total.
Portal 2 -- MB-347535597AA4D3D1 - Taken by NingenJanai. 5 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-28293E0B6C97BBAC - Taken by Terra_Ex. 1 entrants total.

t1389207924z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone else notice that when changing tabs on the homepage of Steam (from "New Releases" to "Top Sellers", etc) that you can't click back on "New Releases"?

Seems to be throwing an error in the javascript on their end.

I've had about 100 people email me reporting the bug "in Enhanced Steam" - but the error that's being generated in the console isn't being thrown by Enhanced Steam.

Just curious if it's happening for anyone else (preferably not an Enhanced Steam user)

EDIT: clicking "Show downloadable content" and the un-checking it fixed the issue for me. It must have had something to do with their cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom