• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Can't wait for some Rising impressions coming soon from you all.

Also, no idea why I'm taking my morning Coffee at 7Pm

Minor Greenlight annoyance... Everytime I generate a new greenlight queue it includes a bunch of games that were already green-lit. When you are viewing a game that hasn't been green-lit it gives you this nifty button that allows you to go to the next game in your queue, but that button doesn't exist if the game was already green-lit so you have to go back to the main page and start over :(

Same thing is happening to me. It hurts even worse because i see a bunch of games i on't really want that are already greenlit. How it goes though.

HoosTrax

Anyone else notice that when changing tabs on the homepage of Steam (from "New Releases" to "Top Sellers", etc) that you can't click back on "New Releases"?

Seems to be throwing an error in the javascript on their end.

I've had about 100 people email me reporting the bug "in Enhanced Steam" - but the error that's being generated in the console isn't being thrown by Enhanced Steam.

Just curious if it's happening for anyone else (preferably not an Enhanced Steam user)
Yeah, it's a general Steam website issue (I don't use Enhanced Steam).

Anyone else notice that when changing tabs on the homepage of Steam (from "New Releases" to "Top Sellers", etc) that you can't click back on "New Releases"?

I've had about 100 people email me reporting the bug "in Enhanced Steam" - but the error that's being generated in the console isn't being thrown by Enhanced Steam.

Just curious if it's happening for anyone else (preferably not an Enhanced Steam user)

Same for me. With or without Enhanced Steam.

Turfster

It's broken in the actual steam client too.
Seriously, why haven't they fixed this crapshoot yet?
You're not going to tell me they haven't noticed the 50 billion posts about people not being able to trade/buy/sell things on the market anymore either.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well yes, but I was using that as a shorthand for "as vanilla as it gets" ;)

Gotcha, thanks everyone for the replies. If anyone is curious you should be able to fix it by checking the "show downloadable content" checkbox, then unchecking it (or rechecking it).

Sometimes I think it's interesting that people email me when they have problems with Steam, assuming the problem is with Enhanced Steam. Of course, I'm always happy to help but in this particular instance: "Not my code!"

Jawmuncher

So attempted to play some Magic 2014 tonight.
I don't know what the deal is but it seems like this first fight is rigged so that you buy the DLC. Went from Normal Difficulty to Easy and the fire deck is just to fast to deal with. I've been playing magic for awhile and for a first battle this is just really off. Never had this much trouble with the other games.

EDIT: clicking "Show downloadable content" and the un-checking it fixed the issue for me. It must have had something to do with their cookie.

strange. Had it work fine in Steam (no ES), but showed the issue in Steam (with ES). Seems i'm a minority

Thanks for Killing Floor Kuroyume. I have a few friends that have been bugging me to get it, but i missed it during the Steam Sale. Probably end up playing that a bit tonight!

Same thing is happening to me. It hurts even worse because i see a bunch of games i on't really want that are already greenlit. How it goes though.

It's a huge annoyance. My "queue" has already green lit games and no matter how many times I try to generate a new one it's the same few games. And even if you try to just browse the Next item button goes back to your queue which is now useless. The whole thing is unusable now.

The_Monk

Be still my beating heart.

Currently got these pre-ordered:

Alien: Isolation
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Titanfall
The Witcher 3
Prey 2 (Had it preordered since 2011 or something :( )

All for PC, I assume? The Witcher 3 is going to be pretty heavy, but the game is looking amazing from what we've seen. I might have to skip Titanfall since March is going to be really tight for the budgeting considering the releases in that month.

L4GAF is pretty awesome. That announcement thread should be fun.

I don't doubt the fandom will be thrilled. The outsiders though... like anti-MP people, bitter HL fans and people who have way to high expectations regarding Source 2. Gonna be ugly.

FloatOn

All for PC, I assume? The Witcher 3 is going to be pretty heavy, but the game is looking amazing from what we've seen. I might have to skip Titanfall since March is going to be really tight for the budgeting considering the releases in that month.

March is all about Dark Souls 2

If you play anything else you are dead to me.

Grief.exe

Titanfall early March

Week or two later, Dark Souls 2

Ridiculous.

Aaron

So attempted to play some Magic 2014 tonight.
I don't know what the deal is but it seems like this first fight is rigged so that you buy the DLC. Went from Normal Difficulty to Easy and the fire deck is just to fast to deal with. I've been playing magic for awhile and for a first battle this is just really off. Never had this much trouble with the other games.
First battle is unusually hard, but once you get past her it becomes easier. I didn't buy any DLC decks, and beat her after a few tries.

The_Monk

My feelings!

You are right. However Dark Souls II is going to be my first physical pre-order since... I don't even know when was the last time I pre-ordered a physical PC Game. And to be worst I will need to wait some time since I ordered internationally and I should expect some horrible delays with the Shipping. Either way this is the information I get so far:

Delivery Estimate Monday 17 Mar 2014 - Friday 21 Mar 2014

I'm prepared for the worst but considering the game it is, it's not going to be easy to wait.

Titanfall early March

Week or two later, Dark Souls 2

Ridiculous.

Also, Grief's birthday around that time. Crazy!

denx

I may get Titanfall at lauch week, but I'll wait for reviews and word of mouth first. I'm looking forward to that game, but I've been burned before by pre-ordering.

Anteater

I don't doubt the fandom will be thrilled. The outsiders though... like anti-MP people, bitter HL fans and people who have way to high expectations regarding Source 2. Gonna be ugly.

It's why I stay out of early speculation threads until more info is dropped, I remember people were calling Deep Down an "MMO" just because "online" was mentioned, it gets ridiculous.

Yup, all for PC. I'll probably need to upgrade my graphics card for The Witcher 3, currently using a GTX 660. :(

I'm skpping Dark Souls II until I finish the first, it's definitely somewhere on my backlog, I just need to want to play it. :lol

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Broken Age, Broken Sword V, a new Wolf, a new TWD, Thief, Dark Souls 2, Titanfall, Moebius, Crimes & Punishments, Tesla Effect and a whole bunch of games i'm forgetting...
...all in the first quarter of 2014.
It's absolutely ridiculous.

Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom