• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSelf

Question I recently won a giveaway unfortunately the person gave me the wrong steam code to a game I already own so my question is does that code still get redeemed even if I ready own the game.

Question I recently won a giveaway unfortunately the person gave me the wrong steam code to a game I already own so my question is does that code still get redeemed even if I ready own the game.

No, you should get an error message stating you already own the game. If you didn't get an error message it's a different version [say, the EU version and you previously bought the NA version] and might have activated, check your library for duplicates.

If it's exactly the same game, it won't.

EDIT: Just got into the Project Spark beta. Now there's a beta I'm excited to try out!

bonesquad

Thank you Kuroyume for Zeno Clash. I've had it on my list to try...

On a side note, Runner 2 is great. I thought iOS had burnt me out on auto-runners, but this really is more of a rhythm game than a platformer. While not music based, I always saw Joe Danger as trying to find the 'rhythm' to get through a stage. Let's see how Joe Danger 2 stacks up...

NotSelf

No, you should get an error message stating you already own the game. If you didn't get an error message it's a different version [say, the EU version and you previously bought the NA version] and might have activated, check your library for duplicates.

If it's exactly the same game, it won't.

EDIT: Just got into the Project Spark beta. Now there's a beta I'm excited to try out!

Thanks guys.

FloatOn

My feelings!

You are right. However Dark Souls II is going to be my first physical pre-order since... I don't even know when was the last time I pre-ordered a physical PC Game. And to be worst I will need to wait some time since I ordered internationally and I should expect some horrible delays with the Shipping. Either way this is the information I get so far:

Delivery Estimate Monday 17 Mar 2014 - Friday 21 Mar 2014

I'm prepared for the worst but considering the game it is, it's not going to be easy to wait.

Also, Grief's birthday around that time. Crazy!

I hope that the shipping works out for you, I really do. I'm a March kid as well, just barely though. Mine is the 31st ;)

I've yet to be that impressed with Titanfall. Why are you guys looking forward to it? Seems like Brink's parkour got infused with the mech from Blacklight Retribution.

The only FPS games that are on my radar are Evolve and Destiny. Both seem to have pretty unique ambitions.

It gets fixed to a playable state somewhere mid August. Just like old times lol.

what is the meaning of this?

Grief.exe

I hope that the shipping works out for you, I really do. I'm a March kid as well, just barely though. Mine is the 31st ;)

I've yet to be that impressed with Titanfall. Why are you guys looking forward to it? Seems like Brink's parkour got infused with the mech from Blacklight Retribution.

The only FPS games that are on my radar are Evolve and Destiny. Both seem to have pretty unique ambitions.

Titanfall just looks like a fun, fast-paced multiplayer FPS game.

Destiny isn't on my radar since there is no official PC release...yet.

denx

what is the meaning of this?

I was excited for Destiny until I knew it's kinda like Borderlands, which I really don't like. Of course, we have yet to know more about the game, but Bungie has been a mess getting across exactly what the game is.

Also, from the trailers I've seen gunplay seems underwhelming. And of course, there is the fact that there is no date for the PC port yet, if that ever happens.

As for Titanfall, it just looks fast-paced and fun, what else can I say.

Good evening boys and girls. i has a headache so can't face reading pages of SteamGAF sadly so have I missed anything notable in the last 24 hours or so?

Oh and the copies of Prey I ordered are on the way apparently and should be with me by Monday at the latest.

One might almost say that the Prey are on their way!

Sorry.

Looks like some other 505 Games stuff got added into the Amazon Editors choice list at $7.50 (so $2.50 with the code) such as How To Survive, Marlow Briggs, and a few others. Trying to figure out right now if I want Brothers and / or How to Survive. Don't really know much about either, but they have both piqued my interest before.

:eek: Someone used the right choice for this context on teh internets!!!

Thank you :) my throbbing head is grateful!

Volimar

Hmm, can't get games for windows live to work. I just installed dark souls and I can't play it.

KB5r1rm.gif

FloatOn

Titanfall just looks like a fun, fast-paced multiplayer FPS game.

Destiny isn't on my radar since there is no official PC release...yet.

Understandable. I haven't played a competitive fps since battlefield 3 and that left a bad taste in my mouth so I guess I'm just kind of sour to the origin-exclusive fps multiplayer game.

I'll play Destiny on ps3 if I have to. It seems like it's going to be Borderlands done right.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hmm, can't get games for windows live to work. I just installed dark souls and I can't play it.

KB5r1rm.gif

GFWL is just the first of many agonizing tests you will need to subject yourself to during Dark Souls play. Fortunately the game gets a lot more forgiving once you get to the start screen.

Grief.exe

KB5r1rm.gif

You have to reinstall the client. Get a direct download from Microsoft.

Understandable. I haven't played a competitive fps since battlefield 3 and that left a bad taste in my mouth so I guess I'm just kind of sour to the origin-exclusive fps multiplayer game.

I'll play Destiny on ps3 if I have to. It seems like it's going to be Borderlands done right.

BF4 left an even worse taste in everyone's mouth.

Hopefully Titanfall comes to Steam, it is EA Partners after all. They are going to announce more information on the PC version coming sometime this month.

The_Monk

I've yet to be that impressed with Titanfall. Why are you guys looking forward to it? Seems like Brink's parkour got infused with the mech from Blacklight Retribution

I'll be sure to laugh or cry as the time approaches during said release. Hoping for the best too, thanks! I'm also curious for Destiny, wonder if I can have access to the Beta later on.

Sajjaja

I hope to see during the weekend a bunch of glorious MGR screenshots in my activity feed Saj. Not putting pressure on you or anything.

It's preloading right now. Let's hope I can get it to run lol.

Even then, let's hope I can modify some .ini files lol.

nexen

Hmm... debating on burning all my card credit on Swapper.
I won't be able to play it for a bit, but you all said such good things about it.

Consortium unlocks in a few minutes, everything I've seen or read about it makes the game sound absolutely sublime.

CONSORTIUM is a first-person story and character-based role-playing shooter set in an interactive world defined by your choices. Rather than endlessly exploring a huge, expansive and ultimately static world, you’ll find yourself within a dynamic, bustling, interactive and alive micro-environment: the Consortium Command Vessel, C-3800-D "ZENLIL."

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264240/?snr=1_7_15__13

RPS article about the game: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/22/impressions-consortium-2/

Terra_Ex

So Project Spark is pretty awesome. Ten minutes, one tutorial, and I already built a huge goddamn fantasy mountain.

sparkt1e2z.jpg

Too bad it's a W8 app, don't think you can run those through Steam. I'd get some Steamshots up in that bitch.

That said, the seamless transitioning from one screen to another is damn sexy.

Twinduct

OMG I completely forgot to buy Wargame: Aircraft Assault during the sale!
I though I did and wanted to install it before the weekend starts.

I feel like such a fucking tit right now.
Guess I'll have to wait another few months before it goes on sale again.

Volimar

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Would be nice if they sent the backer codes out, games been delayed about three or four times now.

Waiting for mine as well.

I looked at the kickstarter comments section, and the developer said we'd get it in our humble wallets by 4pm PST today, but "in the next week" for a Steam code.

Grief.exe

Posted this in the MGR OT, but thought that it was interesting, that 60 of my friends on Steam already own MGR!

For comparison:

DayZ - 40
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 90
CS:GO - 130
DMC4 - 80
COD: Ghosts - 10

nexen

Posted this in the MGR OT, but thought that it was interesting, that 60 of my friends on Steam already own MGR!

For comparison:

DayZ - 40
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 90
CS:GO - 130
DMC4 - 80
COD: Ghosts - 10

I'd own it too, if GMG would ever release the damned keys.

edit: I don't even like Metal Gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom