• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Basically I said that was a irresponsible vaginal leak. And that became my tag. Simple story.

How do I capture pics with the Sweet FX settings not disappearing?

HoosTrax

Do I need to have played MGS4 to be able to get much out of MGR? (Is it going to spoiler something?)

4 was the only MGS game I haven't played yet since I skipped last console gen.

nexen

Basically I said that was a irresponsible vaginal leak. And that became my tag. Simple story.

Are there ... responsible vaginal leaks? Wait, nevermind. I don't want to know.

Do I need to have played MGS4 to be able to get much out of MGR? (Is it going to spoiler something?)

apparently
nanomachines

Grief.exe

MSI Afterburner.

Nope, story is completely separate and does not spoil MGS4.

I'd own it too, if GMG would ever release the damned keys.

edit: I don't even like Metal Gear.

Good point, the number will actually increase.

Cool. So when's it coming to Steam?

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Posted this in the MGR OT, but thought that it was interesting, that 60 of my friends on Steam already own MGR!

For comparison:

DayZ - 40
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 90
CS:GO - 130
DMC4 - 80
COD: Ghosts - 10

I've watched some videos from DayZ. Looks like the type of game that is hilarious to watch is streams and frustrating as all shit to play.

Screw it, I bought Consortium. I'm going to hate myself in six months when the game shows up in a one dollar bundle, but the game really looks like something special.

zkylon

zkylewd
Posted this in the MGR OT, but thought that it was interesting, that 60 of my friends on Steam already own MGR!

For comparison:

DayZ - 40
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 90
CS:GO - 130
DMC4 - 80
COD: Ghosts - 10

I'm one of the 60 and 90

wish I was one of the 80 lol

HoosTrax

Nope, story is completely separate and does not spoil MGS4.
Thanks.

Too bad it's a W8 app, don't think you can run those through Steam. I'd get some Steamshots up in that bitch.
I finally ended up installing W8 (since I have MSDN) when I did my partial upgrade, so that I give an somewhat educated opinion on the whole debate. So far, the most positive thing I can say about it is that 90% of the time I'm using it, I can more or less pretend that it's working like Windows 7.

The other 10% of the time, I'm hitting the Start button and having a bullshit tablet interface pop up into my face where I can't for the life of me find the application I need (Paint? Windows calculator? Where is it???). Or having random sliding panels with giant visually-impaired-sized font show up on my desktop whenever I move my cursor to the wrong place on the desktop. Or having to waste time finding the correct place to "swipe" my mouse cursor to do something basic like turning my computer off.

I've yet to come up with a single bullet point that I could give as a benefit or reason to switching from W7. Maybe my opinion will change once the next set of major updates arrives, which gives you the option of a tablet or enterprise or desktop configuration.

Sorry for the rant, but that's been on my mind for the past few weeks.

Zafir

Thanks.

I finally ended up installing W8 (since I have MSDN) when I did my partial upgrade, so that I give an somewhat educated opinion on the whole debate. So far, the most positive thing I can say about it is that 90% of the time I'm using it, I can more or less pretend that it's working like Windows 7.

The other 10% of the time, I'm hitting the Start button and having a bullshit tablet interface pop up into my face where I can't for the life of me find the application I need (Paint? Windows calculator? Where is it???). Or having random sliding panels with giant visually-impaired-sized font show up on my desktop whenever I move my cursor to the wrong place on the desktop. Or having to waste time finding the correct place to "swipe" my mouse cursor to do something basic like turning my computer off.

I've yet to come up with a single bullet point that I could give as a benefit or reason to switching from W7. Maybe my opinion will change once the next set of major updates arrives, which gives you the option of a tablet or enterprise or desktop configuration.

Download a Start Menu program and it becomes Windows 7 with the benefits of 8 should you need them.

That's what I've done, and I can't say I've got much of an issue with it any more.

Grief.exe

Thanks.

Windows key, type 'paint,' press enter.

That is literally all I ever do, I spend less than a milisecond in any kind of selection screen.

I type 'pa' enter most of the time so I don't even have to see any intermediary screen. Just flashes up a grey color before the application that I need pops up.

Is it safe for my laptop cpu (i7) to reach 70c when playing demanding games (runs fluently though)?

I know that it's normal for laptops to get warm due to size but that's not over the danger limit is it?

...and I finished Brothers today! What a game, beautiful. I need more like that!

denx

Windows key, type 'paint,' press enter.

That is literally all I ever do, I spend less than a milisecond in any kind of selection screen.

I type 'pa' enter most of the time so I don't even have to see any intermediary screen. Just flashes up a grey color before the application that I need pops up.

It is annoying if you don't quire remember the name of the application you're trying to access.

I don't remember the name of most stuff I install, but I do remember where to look for them on the Start Menu.

HoosTrax

Download a Start Menu program and it becomes Windows 7 with the benefits of 8 should you need them.

That's what I've done, and I can't say I've got much of an issue with it any more.
What are the actual benefits to 8, to justify cobbling together a Windows 7 wannabe interface instead of just using Windows 7 to begin with.

"Windows 8 is great, because you can download 3rd apps to make it like 7" doesn't sound like a particularly appealing selling point.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ponied up the $7.49 for Kingdom Rush. The games been tweaked a bit since I last played the flash version. Still great, not sure it's worth the price since you can ostensibly play the game for free. Maybe there's some new levels towards the end or something... I hope.

What are the actual benefits to 8, to justify cobbling together a Windows 7 wannabe interface instead of just using Windows 7 to begin with.

"Windows 8 is great, because you can download 3rd apps to make it like 7" doesn't sound like a particularly appealing selling point.
BF4 runs better on Windows 8.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Click for full size

I need to mess around with the settings but Im liking how easy to use it is.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

I've yet to come up with a single bullet point that I could give as a benefit or reason to switching from W7.

I'm so sorry. My boyfriend was the guinea pig of the house and put it on his PC. As a result of trying it out there mine will never be 'upgraded' from 7 to 8, so I'm in full agreement.

I need to mess around with the settings but Im liking how easy to use it is.

It's like having a saturation slider at your fingertips!

HoosTrax

1). Try getting used to the new search (even quicker if you know the app name)
I usually put my frequently used apps on the bar, so that's not really the issue. The bigger issue is when I've just installed something from scratch and don't know the exact name of the app it has installed. For example, I run my ASUS board's software installer. It installs a half dozen apps, the name of which I don't know (normally I would just go to the Start menu and look at the newly highlight folder).

BF4 runs better on Windows 8.
Haven't bought any new EA games in years, no plans on starting anytime soon.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoying using the dualshock 4 on the PC. Was playing through Max Payne 3 again and the controller works really nicely, feels really good with all the games I've tried so far. Looking forward to using it with MGR tomorrow :)

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
this is probably my brain playing tricks with me but the desaturated version looks a bit like saoirse ronan :/

damn you jasec

damn you

what game is that

Blades Of Time by the looks of it. The sequel to the wonderful X-Blades :p (to be fair I've heard BoT is supposed to be not too bad, pretty average but nothing dreadful)

Deadbeat

Banned
Started playing Colonial Marines. AlexMogil bought it for me off of Amazon. What a kind and generous fellow.

The game has a bunch of things I hate so far: stealth section that adds NOTHING to the game, enemy AI that 99% targets me over everyone else, teammates that get stuck in the environment as so:

Outside of that, the game looks fine. Sound is fine. Shooting is okay. I kind of like how your aim wanders a bit (I think that makes me weird). The game really feels like its trying to be a decent romp, but its falling short. So many stupid story bits.

Yeah, I don't have a real problem with W8. Takes some getting used to, but then again, I like the look of the Metro interface, so I'm probably an outlier anyway.

Obviously an error of some kind, someone at Microsoft dun goofed.

I wish this was coming out on Steam, but alas.

bonesquad

I'm also one of the few people that likes Windows 8, at least on my laptop where Windows 8 boots lightning quick. I haven't used the annoying telescoping menus of the Start button in years even on Windows 7 (heck, I was disappointed to see the "Start" button again in 8.1), and much prefer doing a quick text search. (I guess I don't have the problem where I forget what I just downloaded:) To each their own. I can see staying with Win 7 on a desktop, but on a laptop I much prefer Win 8.

On a side note, I played the first two worlds of Joe Danger: The Movie, and it's just Ok. I understand they wanted to mix it up with new modes of transportation, but none of them are nearly as fun as a good old motorcycle.

I have a doubt, if amazon says that I've got 35$ for software/videogames, it means that I have 7 5$ coupons? Or is it an error? I was tempted to buy Marlow Briggs but if I've got only a coupon I'll wait

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just found out I somehow have some bundle I have several copies of I never seemed to have redeemed any Steam codes from. However, while most codes, if not all, should work, there are a few keys here that may not work, so I apologize if they don't, but here we go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 53 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Larva Mortus #8 -- MB-4C6097C117511813 - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Larva Mortus #9 -- MB-AF3CB91CB6029E9B - Taken by Volimar
Larva Mortus -- MB-05681115AFBFA214 - Taken by Tolerance
Larva Mortus #3 -- MB-0494D8FB70991A39 - Taken by Relax.MX
Larva Mortus #6 -- MB-239AE8BD9619712E - Taken by JakeD
Larva Mortus #7 -- MB-DE06E9A5E1248D00 - Taken by Tesseract
Larva Mortus #4 -- MB-2FE0C4D31C0E9272 - Taken by Firehead
Larva Mortus #5 -- MB-5F40F4858C1D8482 - Taken by Jame Retief
Scratches Director's Cut -- MB-0EDDA7CE2087EDF3 - Taken by InfiniteNine
Tank Universal -- MB-27414C4CF67CE990 - Taken by nexen
Space Trader Merchant Marine #10 -- MB-4C8A38CFF322E18C - Taken by Relax.MX
Chrome -- MB-6903D213B41CC242 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Chains -- MB-D213A19DEC83F368 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Greed Black Border #2 -- MB-C0F7FD663B955526 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Greed Black Border #3 -- MB-09B02F0DBC2DDEEF - Taken by Reg
Greed Black Border #4 -- MB-13F8DCFA3E967A5D - Taken by MakeshiftChef
Greed Black Border #5 -- MB-3E9BB34851100F75 - Taken by Dambrosi
Greed Black Border -- MB-A78B859170807C52 - Taken by caffeinedreamer
Greed Black Border #7 -- MB-6E97A80A1BDF0EC8 - Taken by skullmuffins
Greed Black Border #8 -- MB-8F76D0266532EEED - Taken by Kuroyume
Greed Black Border #9 -- MB-DEB0CCBC9AA19BB9 - Taken by Mr. Poolman
Tank Universal #2 -- MB-2E9A8D0FE8EED13B - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Larva Mortus #10 -- MB-AAE5DDD106D76EF9 - Taken by Ingueferroque
I may have or have not used this one Bridge Constructor -- MB-6467A7B798FE3D57 - Taken by Wok
Larva Mortus #2 -- MB-19769CB181456B15 - Taken by DJ Crimson
Grotesque Tactics 2 Dungeons and Donuts -- MB-C22704E6BD2BBC6F - Taken by user237
Space Trader Merchant Marine -- MB-2ADBFAFFCA78D81E - Taken by bkw
Crash Time 2 -- MB-F38ED0D491AED124 - Taken by alr1ght
Space Trader Merchant Marine #6 -- MB-3A629380E8C0DD6F - Taken by Kuroyume
Space Trader Merchant Marine #7 -- MB-FD38D51206CA4A0E - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
Space Trader Merchant Marine #4 -- MB-F7494956A8D24AB6 - Taken by Sarcasm
Space Trader Merchant Marine #5 -- MB-B4FE5F3A80E9FFCF - Taken by Intheflorsh
Space Trader Merchant Marine #2 -- MB-8F1CE44CB4C54648 - Taken by Camel Master
Space Trader Merchant Marine #3 -- MB-B131D95DFD9F85F4 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Space Trader Merchant Marine #8 -- MB-7B0387C7FD5DA0C8 - Taken by bobnowhere
Space Trader Merchant Marine #9 -- MB-2EEAF2A6756D0275 - Taken by skullmuffins
Wasteland Angel -- MB-94BE58E10DC9FD29 - Taken by jmizzal
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-C9331411A87016F6 - Taken by The Dear Leader
PAM and PAM DLC -- MB-A0BEDFEF0D5F4C04 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Grotesque Tactics Evil Heroes -- MB-F3C807F2A170CCF6 - Taken by Eternia
Robin Hood The Legend of Sherwood -- MB-62A40485C96D56E9 - Taken by Nabs
Obulis #4 -- MB-5F598BE5FB3F92E7 - Taken by Mikurden
Obulis #5 -- MB-AFA2F11BA75F9ECA - Taken by didamangi
Obulis #6 -- MB-CCFF9AAAD5733485 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
Obulis #7 -- MB-54FE11C7F9C0E756 - Taken by skullmuffins

Greed Black Border #6 -- MB-7B6ADDE59FA16722 - Taken by JPizzle84
Obulis #2 -- MB-07A1459FE7055139 - Taken by Lain
Obulis #3 -- MB-46D73C325719D811 - Taken by Arthea
Pacific Storm -- MB-3FA5999E6C67C39B - Taken by tjohn86
Obulis #8 -- MB-C2EAC05629F1CEB3 - Taken by Myshkin
Obulis #9 -- MB-0F9FDB02B0C0B477 - Taken by Kifimbo
Obulis -- MB-4628A2B00B369550 - Taken by KenOD
Obulis #10 -- MB-F997FD5F49F90F2E - Taken by Jame Retief

Deadbeat

Banned
I just found out I somehow have some bundle I have several copies of I never seemed to have redeemed any Steam codes from. However, while most codes, if not all, should work, there are a few keys here that may not work, so I apologize if they don't, but here we go:
Hey you got Chrome in there. The Crysis of 2003.

edit: and I mean gameplay wise.

Dusk Golem

I had to check and it is a duplicate, Mr Schrödinger.

Got it, that one I believed I may have used as the Steam key was added later and I may have taken it without realizing I hadn't used most of all the other keys in the bundle, thank you for informing, though.

Also, giving quite a few random bundle games from a bundle I had several copies of but apparently never really used on the last page. For people on this page, go here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96383951&postcount=7345

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Thanks for Scratches! :D

Backlogger

So Project Spark is pretty awesome. Ten minutes, one tutorial, and I already built a huge goddamn fantasy mountain.

sparkt1e2z.jpg

Too bad it's a W8 app, don't think you can run those through Steam. I'd get some Steamshots up in that bitch.

That said, the seamless transitioning from one screen to another is damn sexy.

Cool, I will have to check this out later

Edit: Is this controller supported? Or KB & Mouse only?

Dusk Golem

Thanks for Scratches! :D

Of course Infinite, Scratches I need to beat sometime, but from the hour I've played and the impressions I've heard, it is a very atmospheric title that is a sort of slow at first story but gets immensely more creepy as it goes along. Point & Click Adventure game often recommended for those looking for scary point'n'click adventure games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom