• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Of course Infinite, Scratches I need to beat sometime, but from the hour I've played and the impressions I've heard, it is a very atmospheric title that is a sort of slow at first story but gets immensely more creepy as it goes along. Point & Click Adventure game often recommended for those looking for scary point'n'click adventure games.

Oh my god Dusk, you haven't finished Scratches yet?!

Despite my somewhat frustrated steam review, I've come to appreciate almost everything it brought and is one of my favorite point and clicks around. Very surprised you haven't topped it off. Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I wonder if Rovio will ever release Angry Birds Seasons on Steam? It's been in the database since Space was added and released, but nothing has been updated since.

Turfster

Oh good, they fixed the cookies thing.
Didn't fix the tabs thing yet tho, so sorry jshackles, you'll probably get more bug reports about that ;)

Caerith

Of course Infinite, Scratches I need to beat sometime, but from the hour I've played and the impressions I've heard, it is a very atmospheric title that is a sort of slow at first story but gets immensely more creepy as it goes along. Point & Click Adventure game often recommended for those looking for scary point'n'click adventure games.

I put Scratches into my Halloween category. I'm planning to do the monthly backlog challenges this year, so I figure I should save some stuff for October.

Tellaerin

Screw it, I bought Consortium. I'm going to hate myself in six months when the game shows up in a one dollar bundle, but the game really looks like something special.

Please post some impressions when you get around to playing it. The game's on my wishlist, and I'm very interested in hearing what it's like.

nexen

I just found out I somehow have some bundle I have several copies of I never seemed to have redeemed any Steam codes from. However, while most codes, if not all, should work, there are a few keys here that may not work, so I apologize if they don't, but here we go:

Thanks for Tanks!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I have a doubt, if amazon says that I've got 35$ for software/videogames, it means that I have 7 5$ coupons? Or is it an error? I was tempted to buy Marlow Briggs but if I've got only a coupon I'll wait
Did you receive any emails from them with the subject "Your Amazon.com Promotional Credit" on January 3rd or thereabouts?

You can always click "Buy and download" to see what the final price ends up being before actually completing the purchase.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Yeah, I had grabbed it since I had gotten interested from watching you play what you completed thus far.

Hinomura

Enjoy this little raffle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hinomura:
Praise the sun.

Instructions for participants:
- Sit down
- Beat the ground with your fists
- Scream loud (internally if problems could occour)
- Send a PM to Mimi Momi Momo Bot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering, and probably you'll suffer).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-2929EB153605FCB4 - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom. 26 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-BEFDA5B01DD1FF29 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 14 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-FA00AA8484D42891 - Taken by Faabulous. 7 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-DF4E608EE117D307 - Taken by gabbo. 8 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-250DDF0DA5AD015E - Taken by Man Puncher. 3 entrants total.
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-73C8B800DAC62C6F - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 4 entrants total.
Post Mortem -- MB-AFD8A6B58B8ABEF1 - Taken by tylergregg. 5 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-C37C71374B842F04 - Taken by Tolerance. 3 entrants total.
The Bard's Tale -- MB-13CADAA7CFA94524 - Taken by DJ Crimson. 10 entrants total.
Titan Attacks! -- MB-B3BCE942DDE734A1 - Taken by bronson. 10 entrants total.
Joe Danger 2 The Movie -- MB-4FC56C1742777D10 - Taken by Nemesis121. 13 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-6B331D342A2EF0BF - Taken by fernandes. 14 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-CB855327A3A28AD5 - Taken by Reg. 21 entrants total.
Grotesque Tactics Evil Heroes -- MB-0C048C59544B75E4 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 2 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-1A5EEC9E2C4E8612 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.

t1389228985z1.png

Eternia

I just found out I somehow have some bundle I have several copies of I never seemed to have redeemed any Steam codes from. However, while most codes, if not all, should work, there are a few keys here that may not work, so I apologize if they don't, but here we go:
Thanks for the mutilated tactics!

Between Paper Sorcerer and the Banner Saga, January is going to be an awesome month for weird indie RPG's. Both games remind me of twisted D&D fever dreams.

Has anyone played either yet, or looking forward to them? Swear I heard some podcast talking about Banner Saga, but can't remember which one now.

Also, couldn't beat the Queen in Hammerwatch with only 1 life, so started over. Made it to her in an hour with 12 lives, and then beat her without losing one. Heh. Tomorrow I have off from work and plan to marathon it. Maybe I should start streaming....

I've played some of Paper Sorcerer (I was in on the Kickstarter), though I haven't had time to finish it. Its pretty good, it was a really nice difficulty curve for a Wizardry style game. I personally really dig the ascetic of the game, and the music is also pretty decent. Dude is still working on tweaking the balance and adding some options and effects. If you like dungeon crawlers, you could do a lot worse then this game (I probably like it better then Legend of Grimrock, and I have nothing but praise for Grimrock).

Relax.MX

I started playing Dead Space 3, is another anticipated sequel with a unnecessary system, like almost every game with EA( PvZ, Sim City, Dragon Age, etc.),

The game is not bad, but is not Dead Space, it would be better to be a new franchise or spin off. I know the stagnate and not change, ends up killing a franchise, but what makes this a disappointing, is to remove what makes the franchise special. The second one was more action but still keep the magic.

The character not interest me at all, the tension, the gore and even the cheap scare disappears. The game reminded me in some ways to Fear 3 but worst because the gameplay not change enough to fully adapt to the action coop and also to Max Payne 3 because the story feels like a portable/Mobile Spin Off.

I will continue playing because I'm playing with a friend and always is cool playing in coop even a shitty game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
left over from the Bundlestars "Enter a million Steam keys one at a time" bundle

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cities in Motion -- MB-D944A55DBE20CBB4 - Taken by nexen

Volimar

I started playing Dead Space 3, is another anticipated sequel with a unnecessary system, like almost every game with EA( PvZ, Sim City, Dragon Age, etc.),

The game is not bad, but is not Dead Space, it would be better to be a new franchise or spin off. I know the stagnate and not change, ends up killing a franchise, but what makes this a disappointing, is to remove what makes the franchise special. The second one was more action but still keep the magic.

The character not interest me at all, the tension, the gore and even the cheap scare disappears. The game reminded me in some ways to Fear 3 but worst because the gameplay not change enough to fully adapt to the action coop and also to Max Payne 3 because the story feels like a portable/Mobile Spin Off.

I will continue playing because I'm playing with a friend and always is cool playing in coop even a shitty game.

Pretty much what everyone says.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
IsThereAnyDeal now tracks coupon codes used by various sites such as GMG and Gamefly.

I'm working on getting this set up with them so that they can pass this information on to Enhanced Steam users, which should be really cool.

So if something is on sale at Gamefly for $9.99 but has a 20% off coupon, it'll show something like "Lowest price: $7.99 at Gamefly after coupon GFDJAN20 (Activates on Steam)"

r3n4ud

IsThereAnyDeal now tracks coupon codes used by various sites such as GMG and Gamefly.

I'm working on getting this set up with them so that they can pass this information on to Enhanced Steam users, which should be really cool.

So if something is on sale at Gamefly for $9.99 but has a 20% off coupon, it'll show something like "Lowest price: $7.99 at Gamefly after coupon GFDJAN20 (Activates on Steam)"

That's a great addition :)

Coldsun

Banned
Is it safe for my laptop cpu (i7) to reach 70c when playing demanding games (runs fluently though)?

I know that it's normal for laptops to get warm due to size but that's not over the danger limit is it?

...and I finished Brothers today! What a game, beautiful. I need more like that!

70c is fine if its only happening demanding games.

Did you receive any emails from them with the subject "Your Amazon.com Promotional Credit" on January 3rd or thereabouts?

You can always click "Buy and download" to see what the final price ends up being before actually completing the purchase.

I'm pretty sure to have a 5$ credit since I received the email, but I don't know about the other 30$

I have a doubt, if amazon says that I've got 35$ for software/videogames, it means that I have 7 5$ coupons? Or is it an error? I was tempted to buy Marlow Briggs but if I've got only a coupon I'll wait

Marlow Briggs is so worth $3 or whatever it is post-coupon. That like... one half cent per explosion. In the first level alone.

Dr Dogg

110% Castlevania Lord of Shadows, now my body is ready for MGR

Yeah I'm just trying to get Enslaved off my plate for the main course of Rising. Saying that I've been really digging Enslaved. Despite having it on the shelf for about 3 years I'm soooo glad I waited for the pc port.

Caerith

The game is not bad, but is not Dead Space
Maybe Valve should officially release Spacewar but call it Half-Life 3.

Falifax

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-92656130DACAB547 - Taken by Slyjss. 69 entrants total.

t1389221514z1.png

Caerith

What is Steam Gaf's thoughts on the Indie Royal bundle? I've never tried A Valley Without Wind.
I recall Cognition burning a lot of people in a previous bundle because it's only two episodes and there's no loyalty discount for getting the rest of it (maybe that's changed?). I also remember Xelios saying A Valley Without Wind 2 was "definitely up there," which sounds great if you take it out of the context that he was responding to the question "What is the worst game in your library?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom