• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
110% Castlevania Lord of Shadows, now my body is ready for MGR

Speaking of which....has anyone heard from Derrick? Is he okay? When's he back?

good lord that dude wasn't kidding about the Assassin's Creed credits

did they just list every NPC in the game or something

I had a good laugh at the credits in the original AssCrud when I played it a few months ago, most notably because they seemed to employ Q&A testers that could overcome China through sheer weight of numbers but the game was terribly buggy despite this :/. Gotta get that title out the door and get those sales numbers! Just fix the biggest bugs, you know the ones which mean the game won't load at all. Everything else doesn't matter. No, no, it's okay; you may have spent several years on this and want to put out a game that is fun for the player but we'll fix the other bugs later :).[email=are you kidding? LOL!!!!! Once we get the money in we don't give a shit about the bugs! Fuck the gamers LOL. If they keep lapping up this shit then they deserve it!]

fernandes

Yeah have the original and the DLC. So I guess the discount I'm seeing is for a "loyalty discount" and not an unpublicized sale.

Yeah, the discount is back and looks like you can now buy it as a gift copy without having to do that cart swap trick.

Lain

I've just heard about My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!! and I wish I hadn't. It's not out until 2015 and since it's by the Analogue: A Hate Story people, I want it now.

2015? Sounds too far away for my liking.

Zeth

Yesterday the Nuclear Throne development stream was featured on Twitch and it alerted me to the fact that it is already available in Early Access. Holy shit, what a pleasant surprise. Haven't gotten very far yet, but I can already tell I love it.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
People.. Vote Danmaku Unlimited 2 for it's awesome music and because it's a fun bullethell Shmup.

The music is by BLANKFIELD. It makes me want to flip cars over. Hell, the music is so good it's that much more of an incentive to make it to the next stage to hear a new track.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160831164&searchtext=Danmaku+unlimited+2

yeah, it's a great game! bought it a while back and hope it will be greenlit soon...

Sh'm'up fans really should check it out

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
El Chavo del Ocho.
A legendary Mexican comedy show.
Don Ramon (the character on the Gif) was a lovable loser, eternally jobless (and never intending on getting one) and had the main skill of being 14 months late with the apartment rent.

Quico was the best.

GIF_7632_moonwalk_del_chavo_del_8.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hello all. I hope it's been another good day thus far.

People.. Vote Danmaku Unlimited 2 for it's awesome music and because it's a fun bullethell Shmup.

The music is by BLANKFIELD. It makes me want to flip cars over. Hell, the music is so good it's that much more of an incentive to make it to the next stage to hear a new track.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160831164&searchtext=Danmaku+unlimited+2

Done. We do need more shoot-em-ups on Steam and this looks like a fun addition to the list.

Chavo del ocho.

Greatest tv show of all time to anyone over 20 who lived in latin america.

I've never lived in Latin America, but I certainly found myself enjoying it greatly as I was learning Spanish and seeing it for the first time just recently.

Oh, did he get banned again?

I like to imagine he played and enjoyed his time with a title he didn't realise was an "indie" until it was too late, and so he exploded.

Yesterday the Nuclear Throne development stream was featured on Twitch and it alerted me to the fact that it is already available in Early Access. Holy shit, what a pleasant surprise. Haven't gotten very far yet, but I can already tell I love it.

I saw the Giant Bomb QL a couple of months back - has the game changed much since then?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if it was posted, but Amazon now has something called "Freyja's Bundle".

It works with the $5 EC coupon also, bringing it down to $7.99. Everything registers on Steam.

1. Alan Wake Collector's Bundle [Download]
  2. Alan Wake's American Nightmare [Download]
  3. Darksiders 2 DLC - Angel of Death Pack [Online Game Code]
  4. Darksiders 2 DLC - Argul's Tomb [Online Game Code]
  5. Darksiders 2 DLC - Deadly Despair [Online Game Code]
  6. Darksiders 2 DLC - Death Rides [Online Game Code]
  7. Darksiders 2 DLC - Fletcher's Crow Hammer [Online Game Code]
  8. Darksiders 2 DLC - Mace Maximus [Online Game Code]
  9. Darksiders 2 DLC - Mortis [Online Game Code]
  10. Darksiders 2 DLC - Rusanov's Axe [Online Game Code]
  11. Darksiders 2 DLC - Van der Schmash Hammer [Online Game Code]
  12. Darksiders II DLC - Abyssal Forge [Online Game Code]
  13. Darksiders II Season Pass (DLC) [Online Game Code]
  14. Darksiders II [Download]
  15. Darksiders [Download]
  16. Supreme Commander [Download]
  17. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance [Download]
  18. Titan Quest Gold [Download]

Oh, did he get banned again?

I'm afraid so.

It feels like it was a couple of weeks ago but I'm too lazy to check, sorry.

The interesting thing is that there didn't seem to be anything particularly obvious in his post history to suggest why. I can only imagine it was an accumulation of Derrick being Derrick that did him in. I presume the Mods felt like they could do with a holiday from his posting style. I assume it's just a holiday and not a perma! :eek:

Reposting 50/50 Bat Rats/Starbound raffle, again.

Whoa! I won Starbound! Thank you so much, I can't wait to try it. Here is a small giveaway to pay it forward.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-554882865967068B - Taken by Man Puncher. 3 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. -- MB-8469338C2363BEED - Taken by Volimar. 9 entrants total.

t1389234969z1.png

Grief.exe

Not sure if it was posted, but Amazon now has something called "Freyja's Bundle". Basically, Alan Wake, Darksiders II, Supreme Commander, and Titan's Quest + tons of addons and DLC for $12.99

It works with the $5 EC coupon also, bringing it down to $7.99. Everything registers on Steam.

Thanks for the information Jshacks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whoa Consortium is way out of impulse purchase buy price range, shame it looks neat. Summer Sale it is then

sibarraz

Banned
El Chavo del Ocho.
A legendary Mexican comedy show.
Don Ramon (the character on the Gif) was a lovable loser, eternally jobless (and never intending on getting one) and had the main skill of being 14 months late with the apartment rent.

I always found awesome that don ramon was the most beloved character even though he was arguably the main antagonist of the parentless poor kid.

He had lots of great traits, specially the fact that he never punched doña florinda even though she always slapped him

Back on topic I'm sad, I had the ilussion that chavo kart will be avaliable on steam :(

yeah, it's a great game! bought it a while back and hope it will be greenlit soon...

Sh'm'up fans really should check it out

I voted yes on greenlight as soon as I saw it. I'm tempted to just give them $5 prior to getting greenlit, since it comes with a steam key if/when they do get approved.

DU2_gif_2.gif

How long do greenlit games take to appear on Steam (thinking of Ethan Meteor Hunter at the moment).

Not sure if it was posted, but Amazon now has something called "Freyja's Bundle".

Ridiculous deal for $8.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

1. Darksiders II DLC - Abyssal Forge [Online Game Code]
  2. Darksiders II Season Pass (DLC) [Online Game Code]

Just to make sure before I buy it, as I want to be able to give this to a friend. The Season Pass is separate from the Abyssal Forge right as two different keys? Activation of one will still leave the other open right?

As you can tell I'm not well versed in Amazon buying of Steam keys.

Edit: Oh and of course thank you for sharing the information, it's of great help.

Tellaerin

Well, shit. O_O

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just to make sure before I buy it, as I want to be able to give this to a friend. The Season Pass is separate from the Abyssal Forge right as two different keys? Activation of one will still leave the other open right?

Edit: Oh and of course thank you for sharing the information, it's of great help.

Yes I believe you'll receive a separate key for everything listed. They flubbed up in this exact same way last time they did a similar promotion, where they give you a key for something that's already included in the season pass. I remember Steamgifts being overrun with Abyssal Forge when it happened.

Anyone want a Crysis 3 key for Origin? I'm not guaranteeing that it works though! Couldn't activate for me and don't want to have the feeling of wasting money.

yuraya

TiwBO27.gif

That 94% off wow. Thanks for the post jshackles.

mannerbot

Every item listed should be its own code.

I voted yes on greenlight as soon as I saw it. I'm tempted to just give them $5 prior to getting greenlit, since it comes with a steam key if/when they do get approved.

I went to vote for it and it turned out I already voted "Yes" lol. Do I own this game somewhere...

Every item listed should be its own code.

I went to vote for it and it turned out I already voted "Yes" lol. Do I own this game somewhere...

Same... but since it's not on Steam... and I don't think it was ever bundled, that I came across at least... I don't think you own it yet. Unless you bought it from their site, like I'm considering.

Vardhan

I JUST bought Darksiders II and the season pass few days ago... :(

That bundle is amazing bundle. Was hoping to get Argul's Tomb DLC for DS2, but it's not worth getting it now.

Momentary

Banned

DU2_gif_2.gif

How long do greenlit games take to appear on Steam (thinking of Ethan Meteor Hunter at the moment).

They've been on Greenlight for a while. They're at 90th place right now. I hope they make the next batch of rounds. I bought the game off of the Humble store and beat the shit out of it.... on easy.

Requoting myself to get this beast on Steam.

81C113F7DF49ED9ED900FB3C93409170CF9EE50B

louiedog

1. Darksiders 2 DLC - Angel of Death Pack [Online Game Code]
  2. Darksiders 2 DLC - Argul's Tomb [Online Game Code]
  3. Darksiders 2 DLC - Deadly Despair [Online Game Code]
  4. Darksiders 2 DLC - Death Rides [Online Game Code]
  5. Darksiders 2 DLC - Fletcher's Crow Hammer [Online Game Code]
  6. Darksiders 2 DLC - Mace Maximus [Online Game Code]
  7. Darksiders 2 DLC - Mortis [Online Game Code]
  8. Darksiders 2 DLC - Rusanov's Axe [Online Game Code]
  9. Darksiders 2 DLC - Van der Schmash Hammer [Online Game Code]
  10. Darksiders II DLC - Abyssal Forge [Online Game Code]
  11. Darksiders II Season Pass (DLC) [Online Game Code]
  12. Darksiders II [Download]
  13. Darksiders [Download]

II and 2? Come on....

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, Godofnerdiness just gifted me Consortium out of the blue. Thanks a lot man! And here I was thinking the Steam client had frozen again, lol

I remember reading about it on RPS several months ago, and it looked very interesting. The art style seems charming as well. Thank you, I'll be sure to post my impressions here. Though I'm going to finish Remember Me first, and then play through MGR (I'd like to do both before going on holidays in 2 weeks). Once I come back it's gonna be the first game I play.

Turfster

Whoa, Godofnerdiness just gifted me Consortium out of the blue. Thanks a lot man! And here I was thinking the Steam client had frozen again, lol
You know the nicest people.
I'm interested in Consortium as an exponent of the One City Block RPG idea, but the price point is kinda high at the moment for a blind buy from an untried team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom