• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The latest 1 star review of Enhanced Steam is in!

an idiot said:
can someone tell me how to download something outside of the chrome web store. its annoying just to download from here

2266491-meme_are_you_kidding_me.png

Woah! Cool. The dark spiders alone are worth it for me woth the fiver off.

I love dark spiders. They're so creepy. ;)

JNlPBHt.png

What a superb game.

It has an interesting juxtaposition between the mechanics and the themes. On one hand, the mechanics are quite simple, yet kept fresh for the entirety of the game. Combine this with the visuals during the opening of the game and you would lead to believe that this could be a game to be enjoyed with your family. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

As you explore the world, the story and visuals take a town towards the dark. There is significant foreshadowing in the beginning of how dark the world is, but the story truly devolves into sadness towards the end.

I don't want to say too much, but the mechanical shifts towards the end of the game really made me feel emotions. Something that doesn't happen to much in this medium.

Your downsampled screenshots *almost* make me think I liked the game. ALMOST. :)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh why not, I want someone who hasn't won today to be happy with a fun game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Don't tell anyone the seductive messages are starting to work.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-E5504DD715CF7EBA - Taken by Last Baron. 30 entrants total.

t1389239514z1.png

Now I kinda regret not buying Assassin's Creed III during the sale and finding out for myself if it's as bad as everybody says.

edit: also who the fuck thought these first person levels in revelations were good

It seems really good so far. Surprisingly good OST and voice acting, I really like their attempts at in-universe explanations for game mechanics, and the gameplay systems and interactivity seem quite deep. Also the way the game handles dialogue reminds me of Alpha Protocol, which is always a good thing.

I really love it when games give context to their 'gaminess', and Consortium handles the context in some exceptionally clever ways. There's some very funny (and occasionally suspenseful) scenarios built around the idea that you are a person vicariously controlling someone else.

vg260

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To the Moon -- MB-C9829026F3E05AD8 - Taken by AsylumX. 4 entrants total.

t1389230155z1.png

Hope this works, Just add the code after this URL, I think:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

Freezard

Only need Darksiders II so yeah :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance -- MB-4E6116E5E934ACE7 - Taken by maneil99. 2 entrants total.
Alan Wake Collector's Bundle -- MB-EAC2ABB8A1985DC5 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 8 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-27DCA670ACCBB947 - Taken by ohblahitsme. 2 entrants total.
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-3A7409AB690D441F - Taken by Kirosia. 2 entrants total.
Supreme Commander -- MB-8E444EBA1543A3CF - Taken by The Dear Leader. 5 entrants total.

t1389230245z1.png

Hinomura

Hey Gaffers!

There are still some games to catch here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96389033&postcount=7373

[nomore]
Gemini Rue: an excellent cyberpunk point & click adventure
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome: motion sickness stimulator
Little Inferno: burn, let it burn!
Revenge of the Titans: very nice pixel art tower defense
Solar 2: Chill out in space!
Grotesque Tactics Evil Heroes: Weeeell... it's sorta of fun! For a few hours, at least! :) - I swear, I had fun for an hour and half, really!!! :D
[/nomore]

Well, everything has been claimed now ^__^

EDIT everyone is welcome, have a good time playing! :)

Durante

I really love it when games give context to their 'gaminess', and Consortium handles the context in some exceptionally clever ways. There's some very funny (and occasionally suspenseful) scenarios built around the idea that you are a person vicariously controlling someone else.
Yeah, when I read their plans back in the kickstarter I was very unsure whether they could pull the 4th wall stuff off without seeming too cheesy (but I was still intrigued enough by the overall idea to back it). It worked out better than I had expected.

JakeD

I hope you're ready for the long haul.
My Tamagami foil has been up for almost a month now, with still no sale.

looks like you got undercut a couple times... we need that crazy guy with the level 1000 winter badge to take a sudden interest in 99 spirits

Aww crap that Amazon bundle with Darksiders 2 is making it really difficult for me not to buy games this year.
I did last a week, though. Should I do it?

Seagoon

Good luck everyone

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Joe Danger 2 -- MB-E60AA748F9978421 - Taken by arts&crafts. 7 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-0176AFFC4EFE8A07 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 9 entrants total.

t1389231054z1.png

wilflare

is Marlow Briggs actually worth it?
lol. need to spend em Amazon coupons

and what's the amazing looking shmup being posted the past few posts

Newblade

Small giveaway. First come, first served. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-1E70F5CA781B898F - Taken by 2n2
Alan Wake Collector's Bundle -- MB-E49622F509C0DB85 - Taken by Atraveller
Darksiders -- MB-96B54588FA5F2A0F - Taken by thesaucetastic

oipic

Amazon's 'Darksiders 2 (II?) and miscellaneous extras bundle' is a great deal for anyone who doesn't have DS2.

I'm missing only the DS2 DLC, so I'll pass, but it's well worth jumping on for everyone else.

Actually, SteamGAF = No Borders GAF. 99% of the people here* are amazing, no matter where they are from. We're all gathered here to discuss something we like (Jar Jar Ronan) and to play the things we all love (Steam Sales). But most important of all, we're here to have a good time with a group of really nice people. Coming here, I can always count with you guys to cheer me up with your jokes (not HL3 ones though, they suck) and interesting conversations (coffee is better than mate). There may be some black sheep (Javadots, I'm talking about you) and unfortunate meltdowns (c'mon, Saints Row 3 isn't worth losing both your Steam and GAF accounts!), but luckily those aren't common.

All in all, this is a beautiful place populated with beautiful people, and I'm proud to be a tiny part of it (no, I'm not saying my part is tiny, shut up). I mean, I'm very happy to be a small member of... No, that doesn't sound right either. Well, hopefully you get what I mean :p

Lovely post, Rio - very nice sentiment, and eloquently put as always. It's almost enough to bring a grown man, and fellow proud SteamGAF member, to a small, manly tear or two.

Oh, and rest assured, your membership stands tall and proud among us. <insert other thinly-veiled but poorly-executed double entendre here>

vg260

Thanks NewBlade.
Played the original on the 360 and enjoyed it. Never got to try this. It's gonna jump to the top of my playlist now. This is the length of game I like. Short and sweet.

vg260

Embrace the backlog. Love the backlog. Feed the backlog.

DS2 looks ok, but I thought it was supposed to get a bit long and tedious. Tempting, but I know I'll never finish it. I just won a raffle for the only thing I really want to play in that bundle, so I'll save my $5 code for something else :) (thx again Newblade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom