• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New request for Consortium impressions!

Also, is steam being slow again for some people? Rising is downloading at a locked 1.1 MBs where it should be at least 3

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For the Chavo fans who have Netflix and a VPN service, Chavo is available for streaming in Netflix Mexico.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I'm afraid so.

It feels like it was a couple of weeks ago but I'm too lazy to check, sorry.

The interesting thing is that there didn't seem to be anything particularly obvious in his post history to suggest why. I can only imagine it was an accumulation of Derrick being Derrick that did him in. I presume the Mods felt like they could do with a holiday from his posting style. I assume it's just a holiday and not a perma! :eek:
This is unlikely, but it is possible that he requested a ban. You can do that if you feel that you need an enforced break from the forum.

Maybe he just got sick of our shitty taste in games :(

Melted77

Not sure if it was posted, but Amazon now has something called "Freyja's Bundle".

It works with the $5 EC coupon also, bringing it down to $7.99. Everything registers on Steam.

1. Alan Wake Collector's Bundle [Download]
  2. Alan Wake's American Nightmare [Download]
  3. Darksiders 2 DLC - Angel of Death Pack [Online Game Code]
  4. Darksiders 2 DLC - Argul's Tomb [Online Game Code]
  5. Darksiders 2 DLC - Deadly Despair [Online Game Code]
  6. Darksiders 2 DLC - Death Rides [Online Game Code]
  7. Darksiders 2 DLC - Fletcher's Crow Hammer [Online Game Code]
  8. Darksiders 2 DLC - Mace Maximus [Online Game Code]
  9. Darksiders 2 DLC - Mortis [Online Game Code]
  10. Darksiders 2 DLC - Rusanov's Axe [Online Game Code]
  11. Darksiders 2 DLC - Van der Schmash Hammer [Online Game Code]
  12. Darksiders II DLC - Abyssal Forge [Online Game Code]
  13. Darksiders II Season Pass (DLC) [Online Game Code]
  14. Darksiders II [Download]
  15. Darksiders [Download]
  16. Supreme Commander [Download]
  17. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance [Download]
  18. Titan Quest Gold [Download]

Thanks for the info. I need to spend my $5 credit on something.

Thank you!!

In other news, I just beat the first boss of Ys Oath in Felghana. Nightmare mode was a baaaad choiceee

Pleasure :).

This is unlikely, but it is possible that he requested a ban. You can do that if you feel that you need an enforced break from the forum.

Oh I hadn't thought of that :). Anyway, I hope he's back soon; I miss him :(.

On that bombshell I'm off to bed. Play nice boys and girls!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have all of these except Darksiders II, which I want, but I'll have to think about this one.

Outside of the times that Darksiders II was in Humble Bundles, the cheapest it's been by itself has been $7.49. Even when it was in the Humbles it was a BTA both times.

Getting the game + all that DLC + a bunch of other games you can gift through Modbot
:)
for $8 is a pretty good bargain.

Backlogger

lol. I was looking at this list and thought, oh Greed Black Border looks kinda cool... Oh, I already own it.

Outside of the times that Darksiders II was in Humble Bundles, the cheapest it's been by itself has been $7.49. Even when it was in the Humbles it was a BTA both times.

Getting the game + all that DLC + a bunch of other games you can gift through Modbot
:)
for $8 is a pretty good bargain.

Yeah, I think I may get this. See what my brother doesn't have then gift the rest here (what I usually do). I have just spent so much money i in the last 3 weeks on games I feel like my wallet needs a break :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You know the nicest people.
I'm interested in Consortium as an exponent of the One City Block RPG idea, but the price point is kinda high at the moment for a blind buy from an untried team.
Indeed. I don't really like to say that a particular community is better than others, but... Ain't no GAF like SteamGAF <3

Nice, glad it went to a good home. :) How's your situation with your Monitor?
Oh, it ended up fine, thanks for asking! Picked it up today, as good as new, but my dad refused to let me pay for the repairs :/ I feel kinda bad, because I still live with them and I'd like to help them with some expenses, but they don't want me to.

Faabulous

It's not much, but here we go
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Runner2 -- MB-9725887007534CDF - Taken by Firehead. 7 entrants total.

t1389227140z1.png

derExperte

The last exchange was with dark_prinny, one of the few people I have on ignore and who got banned too. So his demise wasn't in vain.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
ModBot/Steam needs to stop confusing me with that image whenever someone gives away Bit.Trip.Runner 2. I kept getting excited to try and win the Character pack, but it's the base game instead.

Then I remember, someone else will get to enjoy Runner 2 and I'm happy again.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any ideas on what will be the bonuses on the Humble Bundle? I guess I'll just get the non-BTA tier and upgrade later if it's something good.

steadfast

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Runner 2 BASE GAME ONLY -- MB-246749CFA20AA85D - Taken by adriano999. 6 entrants total.

t1389227860z1.png

from the new HB - already bought R2 from sale

I had a good laugh at the credits in the original AssCrud when I played it a few months ago, most notably because they seemed to employ Q&A testers that could overcome China through sheer weight of numbers but the game was terribly buggy despite this :/. Gotta get that title out the door and get those sales numbers! Just fix the biggest bugs, you know the ones which mean the game won't load at all. Everything else doesn't matter. No, no, it's okay; you may have spent several years on this and want to put out a game that is fun for the player but we'll fix the other bugs later :).

Yeah, seriously. The game isn't even that ambitious. But I guess it takes the population of a country to build an Assassin's Creed game in a year.

Oh god, I'm dreading getting to the end of Gunslinger when I play that. Ubisoft pls.

Nah, Gunslinger is fine.

Revelations' are longer. Then again so are III's. I'm pretty sure 90% of Montreal must have worked on an Assassin's Creed game by now.

I'm not a religious man but there is a life after the credits.

Any ideas on what will be the bonuses on the Humble Bundle? I guess I'll just get the non-BTA tier and upgrade later if it's something good.

I would say Joe Danger at least for sure, lame they would include JD2 below the BTA to try to hook people into beating the average.

Tesseract

Banned
here i sit indian style on my floor in front of a portable heater with a tablet mushed between my thighs.

the chaos emeralds, gabe. i do this for you.

jshackles

Did someone say there was a way to upgrade To The Moon to the soundtrack edition using the Humble key? When I try to redeem it, it just says I already own it. So I'm guessing not. :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF = Latin America Gaf.
Actually, SteamGAF = No Borders GAF. 99% of the people here* are amazing, no matter where they are from. We're all gathered here to discuss something we like (Jar Jar Ronan) and to play the things we all love (Steam Sales). But most important of all, we're here to have a good time with a group of really nice people. Coming here, I can always count with you guys to cheer me up with your jokes (not HL3 ones though, they suck) and interesting conversations (coffee is better than mate). There may be some black sheep (Javadots, I'm talking about you) and unfortunate meltdowns (c'mon, Saints Row 3 isn't worth losing both your Steam and GAF accounts!), but luckily those aren't common.

All in all, this is a beautiful place populated with beautiful people, and I'm proud to be a tiny part of it (no, I'm not saying my part is tiny, shut up). I mean, I'm very happy to be a small member of... No, that doesn't sound right either. Well, hopefully you get what I mean :p

*I'm the 1%, deal with it. Wait, that's not really a good thing!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I voted yes on greenlight as soon as I saw it. I'm tempted to just give them $5 prior to getting greenlit, since it comes with a steam key if/when they do get approved.

DU2_gif_2.gif

It's definitely worth the 5$! The game is not too crazy hard and the bullet patterns are easy too read, great fun all around :)

Freezard

Not sure if it was posted, but Amazon now has something called "Freyja's Bundle".

It works with the $5 EC coupon also, bringing it down to $7.99. Everything registers on Steam.

Thanks. Insta get!

Grief.exe

JNlPBHt.png

What a superb game.

It has an interesting juxtaposition between the mechanics and the themes. On one hand, the mechanics are quite simple, yet kept fresh for the entirety of the game. Combine this with the visuals during the opening of the game and you would lead to believe that this could be a game to be enjoyed with your family. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

As you explore the world, the story and visuals take a town towards the dark. There is significant foreshadowing in the beginning of how dark the world is, but the story truly devolves into sadness towards the end.

I don't want to say too much, but the mechanical shifts towards the end of the game really made me feel emotions. Something that doesn't happen to much in this medium.

jshackles

Have at ye!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-1F59F71C59EBC17F - Taken by Cheddahz
Papo & Yo -- MB-D05A8F08A537E486 - Taken by maneil99
To The Moon -- MB-53E31CAB7B8DDCD4 - Taken by Sarcasm

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Huh, I wonder why Darksiders II - Shadow of Death isn't included in the deal?

Edit: Ah, Brothers does indeed look beautiful there.

Marlow Briggs less than $3 on amazon

Very much worth it. While not as in-depth as say Devil May Cry 3 or Bayonetta, while not as anti-watermelon as Metal Gear Rising, it's a very fun "character action" (is that the term we decided on?) title that I easily had a blast playing through and I don't mind the fact Steam lost all the hours I had on it originally because it means I can play it again.

If anyone has that $5 off deal for Amazon to make it less than $3, get it if you even remotely like these types of games.

Durante

New request for Consortium impressions!
It seems really good so far. Surprisingly good OST and voice acting, I really like their attempts at in-universe explanations for game mechanics, and the gameplay systems and interactivity seem quite deep. Also the way the game handles dialogue reminds me of Alpha Protocol, which is always a good thing.

I call "yay"!

Random screenshots:

Woah! Cool. The dark spiders alone are worth it for me woth the fiver off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom