• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Good luck everyone

Thanks for Surgeon Simulator.
Only game I wanted from the bundle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think i'm going to grab a few games off the amazon sale. Marlow Briggs especially looks fun.

Jawmuncher

For those of you on the fence on How To Survive this review sums it all up

i give it 5out of 5 stars for excellent graphics December 5, 2013
By opus
has the best graphics and is the best game i ever played and it remind me of a better version of left for dead 2

taken from the amazon page.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a giveaway for Mark of the Ninja!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-CC86CC9C1EA4153A - Taken by DJSebolski. 2 entrants total.

t1389242754z1.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
fVaW9w4.png

Fun times, glad I grabbed this during the sale. Props to Noogy for such a good game. Reading the postmortem on Gamasutra now, interesting stuff.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
DS2 looks ok, but I thought it was supposed to get a bit long and tedious. Tempting, but I know I'll never finish it. I just won a raffle for the only thing I really want to play in that bundle, so I'll save my $5 code for something else :) (thx again Newblade)
Nah I totally get you. I'm at the point where I'm trying not to add more games just so I can finish the ones I already have. But I've been interested in DS because of the Zelda comparisons, and I'm a sucker for Zelda.

vg260

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Joe Danger 2 -- MB-73DDC30AE6DDBA8F - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-BB4062A1A2693ACF - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-0402DF1206016916 - Taken by Sullichin. 3 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-B194C2D78CD5CAC2 - Taken by Sajjaja. 2 entrants total.

t1389233980z1.png

Again, hope this works. If I did this right, you would just need to add the giveaway code after this link:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

GMG just sent me my Metal Gear Rising key! Dudes whom pre-ordered through them should go check their inboxes.

HYPE RISING then falling when it's unplayable on my laptop... BELIEVE

Grief.exe

Should I overclock my baby with Afterburner?

MSI Nvidia Overclock tool does not work anymore after a recent update which it I could go from 2.4 up to 3.2 or so from what I remember.

Do it!

Afterburner is pretty good for taking lossless screenshots as well.

GMG just sent me my Metal Gear Rising key! Dudes whom pre-ordered through them should go check their inboxes.

HYPE RISING then falling when it's unplayable on my laptop... BELIEVE

Yep, same here! Preloading noooooow :)

6891.gif

Man... MGR is in 3rd place. I really want to know how well this game is selling on PC.
Is the top sellers list based on copies sold or revenue? If it's on copies sold then it could potentially be close to DayZ and Rust's numbers, right? Which are reportedly fairly good?

Pure speculation and guessing on my part.

vg260

Whynot just paste the full link?

My bad if I could have done that when creating the giveaway. I recall getting a game from a humble bundle once and someone did it this way. I was afraid it would mess up the ModBot formatting. If you can post a URL when creating it, I'll do so in the future.

My bad if I could have done that when creating the giveaway. I recall getting a game from a humble bundle once and someone did it this way. I was afraid it would mess up the ModBot formatting. If you can post a URL when creating it, I'll do so in the future.

Pretty sure you can... so you can be lazy in the future. :)

Momentary

Banned
A lot of people have purchased the game (MGR) elsewhere when it was 18 bucks. So I'm hoping the revenue is a lot higher than what it's showing on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
For all giveaway, the absolute best format you can use is the following

Game Name 1 - Key or URL goes here
Game Name 2 - Key or URL goes here
Game Name 3 - Key or URL goes here
RULE1
RULE2
RULE3
etc

If you use other formats (tabs, |, --, no delimiter, no name provided just keys, etc) ModBot tries to interpret stuff and does a decent enough job, but this is the format that best guarantees that the game names will be processed correctly and it has the bonus of interpreting literally anything you put in the key field as a key. If ModBot has to get crafty, that's when particular key formats come into play.

For extra double best protection, turn off the checkbox that says "Automatically parse links in text" or whatever below the PM.

A lot of people have purchased the game (MGR) elsewhere when it was 18 bucks. So I'm hoping the revenue is a lot higher than what it's showing on Steam.
Yet it has still managed to get to the 3rd spot in the list through Steam sales alone.

I wonder what the hypothetical Bayonetta port would pull in?

Grief.exe

That is an excellent point. Many people are buying from Gamefly, Amazon, Green Man Gaming, etc because you can get a slightly cheaper price there.

Both Rust and DayZ aren't available elsewhere, the latter on the Bohemia store for the same price as Steam.

Assuredly, MGR would be on top of the sellers chart if it was only available on Steam.

That is an excellent point. Many people are buying from Gamefly, Amazon, Green Man Gaming, etc because you can get a slightly cheaper price there.

Both Rust and DayZ aren't available elsewhere, the latter on the Bohemia store for the same price as Steam.

Assuredly, MGR would be on top of the sellers chart if it was only available on Steam.
Yeah, even though it hasn't topped the Steam sellers chart lately, Konami is going to be raking in the dough and that's a good thing. Now they have an incentive to keep coming back to PC and we now have an example of a Japanese PC port that is a major success technologically and financially.

cicero

I know I wasn't the only one who was incredibly annoyed to see Square-Enix pull the widely promoted discount on Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for the former owners of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and the Missing Link DLC. Apparently the discount is back, but they have no reference to it on the game page. So who knows what that means or if this is merely a temporary fix to a PR problem that will eventually revert to the no discount state it was in. If you only owned the base Deus Ex: Human Revolution game the discount is $9.99.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - $4.99 (75% off for those who own Deus Ex: Human Revolution & Missing Link DLC)

denx

Man, card drops for EYE Divine Cybermancy are so slooooow. It's making me feel restless.

As soon as I'm finished with this though I'll finally complete Primordia, which I've left on hold since early November. Then I'll finally play Dear Esther to completion and then I'll smash through Fall of Cybertron's campaign. I'm gonna destroy the 3 in a month challenge.

I know I wasn't the only one who was incredibly annoyed to see Square-Enix pull the widely promoted discount on Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for the former owners of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and the Missing Link DLC. Apparently the discount is back, but they have no reference to it on the game page. So who knows what that means or if this is merely a temporary fix to a PR problem that will eventually revert to the no discount state it was in. If you only owned the base Deus Ex: Human Revolution game the discount is $9.99.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - $4.99 (75% off for those who own Deus Ex: Human Revolution & Missing Link DLC)
Ooo, I definitely need to jump on this in case it disappears again. Thanks for the heads-up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For those interested, I've updated Enhanced Steam Standalone which now has a traditional setup application.

You can download Enhanced Steam from

http://www.EnhancedSteam.com/standalone/setup.exe

And run it. Once installed, run the program and (hopefully) everything in your client should now be Enhanced!

For those interested, I've updated Enhanced Steam Standalone which now has a traditional setup application.

And run it. Once installed, run the program and (hopefully) everything in your client should now be Enhanced!

Sorry if asked before jshackles, but do the enhanced features load a bit quicker into the client or is it roughly the same as the Chrome plugin?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry if asked before jshackles, but do the enhanced features load a bit quicker into the client or is it roughly the same as the Chrome plugin?

The Enhanced features load kind of slowly in the client, just like everything else does.

If you're happy with using the Chrome plugin, I'd recommend sticking with that for now.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

It's working fine for me.

Crap.

I'm getting a "Error Code: -102 Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet."

Friends list loads up. I installed Jshackles ES and opened steam and that came up. Although, I haven't been on steam all day, so I don't know if this was happening before. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit- Website is bonked too.

Edit 2- Guess I'm not the only one. Any ideas Jshackles?

Is steam down?
I just barely installed Enhanced Steam for the client and then the store is down for me. Not sure if it's even related.

Edit: THe program window for ES that comes up when you run it only stays up for a couple seconds then disappears for some reason. Windows 8.1 64 bit if it matters. I might just stick to the plugin.

zkylon

zkylewd

for some reason it broke the store in steam for me

went back to working after I uninstalled it so I guess my pc didn't like something about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom