• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannerbot

If you'd like it, it's yours whenever Steam's back up.

Who, me?

Long-Live-the-Queen-thumb.jpg

Wow, thanks!

The_Monk

Yeah, doesn't make a lot of sense, Valve isn't a major 'corporation' as such, and not the typical target for such shenanigans, but perhaps it has more to do with the visibility of the hit, given Steam's huge user base.

The sad thing is that some of these script kiddy keyboard warriors might have some real skill, knowledge and talent, if it were used for good and not evil. Perhaps.

People can find hate or negative things in almost everything if they want. I personally don't understand the waste of time and focus on the bad things specially when life gives you so much to live for. Different perspectives, I believe.

bonesquad

Ok, here are a few keys I had around, and the duplicate from the bundle I just won from honorless.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fractal: Make Blooms Not War -- MB-6BA59C35547134EA - Taken by darkchewie
The Binding of Isaac -- MB-9C4CF5C966AF006E - Taken by jmizzal. 5 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-99E8CC11327A453D - Taken by KenOD. 2 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-79CF158F74F86F0C - Taken by C4rter. 2 entrants total.

t1388806719z1.png

Hm...
You can try the old rename the .blob to .whatever trick and starting steam after that.
Edit: Or go to Settings/Downloads and click the content libraries button and re-add the directory yourself. Totally forgot they added that.

Hmm, never mind. I got it to finally work. Thanks!

NotSelf

Just curious what everybody's favorite game they bought off the sale,(assuming you even played your games) mine would have to be brothers so far, haven't dived into spelunky yet

Ys I nearing the end fantastic game not much depth but the art and music more then make up for it.

The ending for brothers is something special.

Once you start spelunky there's no turning back I already have 100 hours into it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is the first* mainline Steam thread without a mention of Saoirse in the OP.

Farewell, my Irish princess.

* Well, not quite.

oipic

You peeps okay if I do 5 minute interval posts where I count down the top 10 games an hour before the specified time?

Would give people time to reflect/celebrate/complain about the scoring.

Sounds great, thanks, Mr O - bring it on.

Somewhat related, it looks like the image links in the OP may have died? Or is it just me?

MRORANGE

Sounds fun~

Sounds cool, especially since Steam is dead. It's not like we're doing anything else...

I'm quite okay with that. Give us a chance to discuss it a bit and focusing on the good before moving.

Sounds fine, better for discussing each than dropping the whole list at once.

Sounds good.

Sounds great, thanks, Mr O - bring it on.

Somewhat related, it looks like the image links in the OP may have died? Or is it just me?

okay great, this should be good.

u67LXw3.jpg

OP, seems fine to me oipic, PM a printscreen, it might be min.us, in that case I will re-upload it.

elektrixx

Banned
I'm pissed about not getting the Steam sale badge. I was gonna either trade or buy the last card I needed but the site was down all the way through the end.

I'm never getting a badge again.

Glad you figured it out.
Mind telling us how you did it, in case anyone else runs into the same problem?

Yeah, of course. If anyone has their games installed on two different drives (or more - I'm assuming the same problem would occur on more than two drives also), a problem that you may encounter is Steam won't recognize all your installed games that you installed onto you non-primary drive.

To fix this, pick any game from your non-primary drive and point it to the folder when your non primary drive is. Once you do that, all the games should show up again.

Turfster

Damn it, the more I look at it, the more I'm kicking myself for missing that Daedalic humble bundle. This was back when I was stuck in the linking loop and didn't see any point in buying more bundles if the were all going to be like that from now on.

To fix this, pick any game from your non-primary drive and point it to the folder when your non primary drive is. Once you do that, all the games should show up again.
Thanks. It's always good to expand our collective hivemind knowledge ;)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Just curious what everybody's favorite game they bought off the sale,(assuming you even played your games) mine would have to be brothers so far, haven't dived into spelunky yet

Really Big Sky. The randomly generated shoot-em-up that simply has so much variation to what goes on in any particular play through and the various modes it offers that I enjoy every session I've had with it despite the fact it will never be the most high crafted experience other Shoot-em-ups go for with tight design.
It really is quite fun to go into it for a high speed run and suddenly hit a wormhole (something I didn't know existed) and it became a "Race For The Sun" type experience instead of seeing how long I could survive. Likewise for the point the music became techno and I was playing what felt like Soundodger

I'll most likely have another answer in a few weeks when I've fully gone through what I bought during the Steam sale though. I traded a lot to get some of the titles I wanted, others were generously gifted to me, and most I haven't even touched yet due to being on a week laptop (attempting to play Sonic Generations immediately shut it down).

nai

Just bought the XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack on GMG, but in my DLC menu on Steam it lists two things. Does anyone know why?

K9MWGve.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
haha, no worries guys, I don't actually post there. I was just looking up a question I had when Steam crapped out, so when I just refreshed it came back. I only discuss Steam here!

So I won Alpha Protocol, but I see people saying they wanted the game to go to someone that hadn't played it. I did play it on PS3 3 years ago when it first came out, I just wanted to have it on Steam, since I'm focused more on PC gaming now. Not sure what I should do.

EDIT: Fuck, last post on the page, no one's going to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom