• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won Orcs Must Die 2 in one of GAF's holiday raffles and I am having a blast playing it. There is something incredibly satisfying about murdering horde after horde of stupid orcs.

The best feeling so far was when the suicide bomber sapper guys came running at me and I charmed one of them and he ran into the pack and blew everyone up. And then I figured an even better idea was to kill all of the suicide bombers except one, and then charm him so he would run into the pack of orcs behind him and blow them all up. Dat shit was cray.

Sajjaja

Well, if I had all those games installed I certainly wouldn't have time to post here...
quagmires_big_arm.jpg

Brainsaw

Neo Member
Durante just how easy is it for you to fix the "lazy" ports?
My brain refuses to store technical details, so don't expect a real answer from me.

...now that you've been warned, I'll give it a shot since I have nothing better to do :p As far as I recall it was fairly easy for him. He said something about spending roughly a week to create a program in advance that allows him to easily identify/search for issues, which he then manually has to adjust. This allowed him to release a fix within a few minutes after release. This was in response to an entirely different game, but I can't for the live of me remember which...

Wow, that sounded like SkyNet. it's probably not as smart as SkyNet
....YET...
, but from his post it looked like this program was not written for a specific game, so he can probably reuse it for new games as well.

So now that you have learned absolutely nothing, we can deduce that my brain is a wreck. So it's kinda like Fox

Volcynika

Won Orcs Must Die 2 in one of GAF's holiday raffles and I am having a blast playing it. There is something incredibly satisfying about murdering horde after horde of stupid orcs.

The best feeling so far was when the suicide bomber sapper guys came running at me and I charmed one of them and he ran into the pack and blew everyone up. And then I figured an even better idea was to kill all of the suicide bombers except one, and then charm him so he would run into the pack of orcs behind him and blow them all up. Dat shit was cray.

Co-op makes it easier but it's so much fun with a friend (or in my case, a family member).

Mrbob

Holy cow at all those negative Godus reviews on Steam. Guess I'm staying away from mobile level trash until the game gets fixed to PC proper.

Cth

Purchased DayZ yesterday, now I recently bought Rust because DayZ kinda left a taste in my mouth for more.
I'm actually having a bunch of fun in there, even if it's kinda empty as for now, I almost dare to say it's a tiny bit funnier than DayZ?

Anyone else here playing Rust?
A friend started up his own Rust server and wouldn't mind using it as a GAF server of some kind, others are welcome and will obviously join in too though.
Shoot me a PM if you want to check out the server, we'd prefer if you have made a bunch of posts at GAF at least though (for now), so we can assure a somewhat high level in the game and avoid those hackers.

It's on my wishlist.. we definitely need a GAF group of some sort.

I read a story yesterday about how some guy fought back against some griefers that was awesome.. probably in the OT thread.

Jawmuncher

That was the first humble bundle I ever bought.
LOL at the repeat and Trine 2 at 6 bucks. It was cheaper during the holiday sale.

My brain refuses to store technical details, so don't expect a real answer from me.

...now that you've been warned, I'll give it a shot since I have nothing better to do :p As far as I recall it was fairly easy for him. He said something about spending roughly a week to create a program in advance that allows him to easily identify/search for issues, which he then manually has to adjust. This allowed him to release a fix within a few minutes after release. This was in response to an entirely different game, but I can't for the live of me remember which...

Wow, that sounded like SkyNet. it's probably not as smart as SkyNet
....YET...
, but from his post it looked like this program was not written for a specific game, so he can probably reuse it for new games as well.

So now that you have learned absolutely nothing, we can deduce that my brain is a wreck. So it's kinda like Fox
So along the lines of messing with config files, but in a more advanced way?

I mean I'm really curious because his work is simply amazing.

cicero

was trying to move some files away and accidentally created shortcuts for all my desktop icons. twice.

seriously I'd say fuck you mgr but this one's on me lol

"Army of Tentacles" had me thinking the worst for a moment there. Thoughts of another Robocop with a popped collar rapidly flicking his elongated tongue at the sexy world.

BigAT

So I haven't really followed the development of Metal Gear at all, is the PC version supposed to be a solid port?

Zia

It's cool that Durante can do it so quickly, but it's a bit embarrassing on the devs part.
I just hope PG doesn't act like From. I hope they actually release an official patch themselves down the road.

Yeah, Durante is a peach but I'm afraid it gives devs a free pass. Dark Souls remains mostly untouched despite it being an evergreen title on Steam because the backlash was quickly stifled by a fan's smart work.

nexen

I bet the lack of higher resolutions had more to do with QA costs than programming issues. They probably just didn't want to spend the extra time testing at higher res.

MGR finally showed up on the Irish steam store. Already own on ps3 but tempted to double dip, maybe on a sale when the game itself will be cheaper than getting dlc on console.

This thread has me wanting to buy MGR, even though I beat it on the PS3
and wasn't really that impressed with how over-the-top it tried to be.

I haven't played the DLC.

Jawmuncher

I bet the lack of higher resolutions had more to do with QA costs than programming issues. They probably just didn't want to spend the extra time testing at higher res.

I can't say I blame them. I'm still amazed it's all at 1080p. I keep thinking more in console terms whenever I see the PC port related threads. I sat in the deadly premonition thread and when I read it was 720P I was perfectly fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom