• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

What problems were you running into? AA/AF is really unoptimized, I had to put it into windowed mode initially and then it jumped from 10 FPS to 60 even when I put it back into full screen.

From Steam forums

"Potato PC here.

Radeon HD 3650 512 DDR3, 4 gigs of DDR3 and Intel Pentium E2500 dualcore.

Running on 1280x720, shadows on low, blur disabled because who wants blur, zangeki and zantime on med-high, no AA or texture filtering and its running as good as it can"

That means there is hope for me.

EDIT: I have 27GB now :D

Milamber

It's pretty tight, even with slicing things up a plenty. Performance is pretty good all round and it's hardly using any GPU grunt. Fingers crossed what with Durante showing it wasn't something ridiculously complex a patch could be forthcoming later on to allow for high resolutions *crosses fingers*

Shame I get about 3 mins in then APPCRASH or Blue Screen. But that a problem my end and not with the game itself.
Not sure it's your problem. I CTD'ed after OP mission into the First mission and decided to chop up trees into bits, at the beach mansion, as they fell. Went back to game and haven't CTD'ed yet.

And I'm on a brand new i5 4670K, GTX 770 and 8GB RAM. I maxed everything out in-game too.

I'm currently doing a "Verify File Integrity of game cache".

PaulLFC

I'm not sure what the point of Steam having an "Update stored payment information" option is if if doesn't work because for some inexplicable reason it's been made non-clickable.

I could just buy something, but still

Brainsaw

Neo Member
I just got a CTD 1 minute in while switching between Windowed and Fullscreen (yes, in the options, without having actually started a playthrough yet). Let's see if he hates that again...

Edit: was able to reproduce the issue within seconds. When setting my resolution to 1080 and switching to Fullscreen->Windows->Fullscreen (it starts Windowed), the game crashed a 2nd time. So if you wanna switch to fullscreen, only do it once :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
super off topic i know, but my keyboard is driving me crazy, the D key lost its "bounce" and its really pissing me off. Ive removed it and I dont see anything wrong with the key or the little slot, they both look the same as the rest, but it keeps getting stuck in the "pressed" position (not even stuck, just doesnt bounce back up)

its a G15 btw, fuck sake, really didnt want to get a new keyboard

Vecks

I can't think of another ultra-popular, contemporary title that's been left in as poor a state and, even if they never patched it, without Durante's work we would've seen players complaining very loudly and incessantly about the way it's been "handled." Again, I think the work is great but it's also done a lot to pacify players.

Doesn't the Walking Dead s1 still have (somewhat uncommon) save problems that were never addressed? Just saying it happens. And people are still complaining about that on the forums from time to time. I think people just don't complain as much when a game has gotten older.

Sajjaja

Here's a quick peek.

1024x768.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214607096
D7FFF1E3C983014AC757E6F748BB6DBB8F06E502

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214607068

I haven't edited any of the ini files yet. It's all low settings, 800x600. Hopefully I can bring it down to 640x480 to get a smoother framerate.

But damn, this is really well optimized, I'm surprised. Hopefully I can edit the ini files. I'll play some more later tonight.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I am trying to use the Steam Achievement Manager to unlock cards, but some games aren't being detected. Like, Age of Empires 3 tells me that I don't own the game even though I do. Does it just not work on some titles?

Dr Dogg

Not sure it's your problem. I CTD'ed after OP mission into the First mission and decided to chop up trees into bits, at the beach mansion, as they fell. Went back to game and haven't CTD'ed yet.

And I'm on a brand new i5 4670K, GTX 770 and 8GB RAM. I maxed everything out in-game too.

I'm currently doing a "Verify File Integrity of game cache".

Oh I've been having problems all day after one of my hard drives died. Begrudgingly doing a reinstall now so that better fix the problem.

rtcn63

So I am trying to use the Steam Achievement Manager to unlock cards, but some games aren't being detected. Like, Age of Empires 3 tells me that I don't own the game even though I do. Does it just not work on some titles?

I have that problem with Satazius, had to idle the ol' fashioned way

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

If you type the AppID in the search bar at the top and press enter, it should show up.

By default, it only shows games with achievements.

So for the example of Age of Empires III, you would type 105450 in the top and press enter.

If it says something about not owning the game when you run it through SAM, that generally just means it doesn't have Steam achievements. If a game isn't showing in the list for some reason, feel free to add it manually. You should still get cards in either situation.

Jawmuncher

Here's a quick peek.

FFCFA05818BF0E5EA01E2CDBB40A5AD915375CF6

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214607096
D7FFF1E3C983014AC757E6F748BB6DBB8F06E502

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214607068

I haven't edited any of the ini files yet. It's all low settings, 800x600. Hopefully I can bring it down to 640x480 to get a smoother framerate.

But damn, this is really well optimized, I'm surprised. Hopefully I can edit the ini files. I'll play some more later tonight.

With graphics like that they could throw that sucker on the vita.
(I know that's not how these things work)

bronson

There's a workaround.

If you check out the site page for said game, like say Mirror's Edge:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17410/

That last set of numbers, that's the ID for the app -- type that into SAM where it says "add game" and you should be able to idle in it (as long as you own it, natch).

Brainsaw

Neo Member
Ok, I'm confused. How does the parry system work? Whatever direction I tried moving (WASD), I always just seemed to hit the guy instead of doing a parry. Guess I'l just say fuck to defense and go all offense :S

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

This game now has a release date
19 February 2014

I'm going to wait to hear from others how it turns out, but if the reviews are glowing I'm buying it immediately. Been waiting for this game for months now!

Frenden

Banned
I finally gave in to my PC yearnings and built a Steam box during the Steam sale. I went from a 17 game library to an 85-ish one.

The first Friday or Saturday of the Steam sale, I drunk-bought gifts for the folks on my friends list and most of them bought me the stuff of my wish list in return.

Feels good, man.

Frenden on steam if anyone wants to add me!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does it have achievements?
Ah, yeah, it doesn't.
If you type the AppID in the search bar at the top and press enter, it should show up.

By default, it only shows games with achievements.

So for the example of Age of Empires III, you would type 105450 in the top and press enter.

If it says something about not owning the game when you run it through SAM, that generally just means it doesn't have Steam achievements. If a game isn't showing in the list for some reason, feel free to add it manually. You should still get cards in either situation.

There's a workaround.

If you check out the site page for said game, like say Mirror's Edge:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17410/

That last set of numbers, that's the ID for the app -- type that into SAM where it says "add game" and you should be able to idle in it (as long as you own it, natch).

Well, the weird thing is that it does show up in my list, it's just that when I double click it the achievement picker window opens up and gives that error - which now makes sense to me.

But does Steam register the game as being played at that point, even if the achievement picker gives the "game not owned" error?

Xavin

Neo Member
Ok, I'm confused. How does the parry system work? Whatever direction I tried moving (WASD), I always just seemed to hit the guy instead of doing a parry. Guess I'l just say fuck to defense and go all offense :S

Yeah i had some issues figuring that out also. But it seems you move the direction the enemy are located at..example if an enemy swings from your behind you press s and then the attack

Dr Dogg

Towards the guy and light attack at the same time.

No one seems to have a fix for my black border issue with MGRR, bummed. I guess I'll have to wait for a patch, Durante or otherwise.

Turfster

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I was all happy that MGRR had a Japanese option, but it's only for the subtitles and part of the interface (not even all of it), not for the audio!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
(So I like Horiuchi better than Flynn =p)

Also, it controls pretty well with KBM I gotta say.

Backlogger

Wait what? What does this application do exactly? How does it unlock cards?

zkylon

zkylewd
Wow thanks, I didn't know you'd include me there!

I'm totally not there, I know
hmm, yeah, you didn't make the cut lol

to be fair it's mostly a list of people that's been nice to me by giving me gifts or we've chatted a lot or something, so it doesn't really mean I don't like you, more of a I don't owe you heh

and somehow salsa is in there

fuck that guy :p

edit: and btw I have you tagged as "araceli" on my friendlist lol

Pakkidis

My generosity holds no bounds. Note: its a humble bundle gift key link,

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Joe Danger 2:The Movie -- MB-794ABAA93C0D6811 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 21 entrants total.

t1389314036z1.png

Dipper145

I've been having a lot of problems with steam disconnecting from my friends list and automatically setting me to offline, I can't figure out what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom