• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

I've been having a lot of problems with steam disconnecting from my friends list and automatically setting me to offline, I can't figure out what's wrong.

Seems to happen to me sometimes if one of my games updates. Maybe it's just the servers going down coincidentally.

Here's a quick peek.

1024x768.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214607096
D7FFF1E3C983014AC757E6F748BB6DBB8F06E502

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214607068

I haven't edited any of the ini files yet. It's all low settings, 800x600. Hopefully I can bring it down to 640x480 to get a smoother framerate.

But damn, this is really well optimized, I'm surprised. Hopefully I can edit the ini files. I'll play some more later tonight.

If you find a way to change the res, please post it up in here. My TV isn't quite 1920x1080 due to overscan so I need a custom resolution and MGR isn't picking up the native for the display.

Now if I could only figure out why DS4 Tool sees and uses my DS4 but games aren't recognizing it...

Dolken

Neo Member
Starbound has been bought. I couldn't help it. It's far too good of a game for me to pass up. Almost bought Papers, Please as well but figured I'd wait until the next time it goes on sale.

Levyne

Banned
I have a dumb question steamgaf.

Warning, dumb question:

Realized my monitor is hooked up via DVI and not HDMI. Since my monitor is 1920x1200 and only 60hz, this means I'm not losing anything by not using HDMI right?

Turfster

about 30 posts and it didn't look good. I'm assuming it didn't end well?

Didn't make it very far myself. Too much bitching.

Also, seriously Konami, internet connection required for MGR?
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have a dumb question steamgaf.

Warning, dumb question:

Realized my monitor is hooked up via DVI and not HDMI. Since my monitor is 1920x1200 and only 60hz, this means I'm not losing anything by not using HDMI right?

You're not losing anything.

fernandes

HoosTrax

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I though Toki Tori 1 was so boring, I never understood why they made a second one.

And, out of the quicklook I saw, it's just as boring.

Maybe to counter Family Sharing dual play with Offline Mode, which all of you motherfuckers abuse?

It could be removed later, when new sales aren't as crucial as on the first month after a game's release.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Please tell me that game isn't written in Flash or Adobe Air? I want to get it at some point, but action games with lots of on-screen particles that are written in Flash are the bane of me.

Game maker, iirc. It has issues with computers that don't like it's "Surface Handling" or whatever.

I actually reached the end boss in RoR last night. It didn't go well :|

I'm having the best luck with the Engineer. Any other class that people play with?

Turfster

VA and the script in MGRR are amazing.

Comparing the English VO and the Japanese subs, someone either did a "let's turn it up to 15" for the English script, or even the Japanese said "Yeah, this is too out there, let's tone it down a bit."

Edit: Okay, yeah, I just watched some of the Japanese cutscenes on Youtube.
FUCK THE ENGLISH SCRIPT AND VO

VA and the script in MGRR are amazing.

No they are not. Raiden sounds like he smoked too much. And the rest... i mean Armstrong is so damn ridiculously written and the "Conclusion" to that Story... OMG.

I mean just because its from Platinum doesnt mean everything is perfect in this game. They had only one game with a "good" story and that was Bayonetta. And the VA was probably Konamis fault.

Now that I’m done with Dust it's back to

JVBnIiG.gif

Risk of Rain

I haven't even had the urge to install Rising because of Risk of Rain, already 40 hours played :).

Some of the achievements/item unlocks are bloody impossible though, like the press third warp gate without taking any damage one.

Comparing the English VO and the Japanese subs, someone either did a "let's turn it up to 15" for the English script, or even the Japanese said "Yeah, this is too out there, let's tone it down a bit."

I read somewhere that mainline MGS games are written and recorded in English first (just like Resident Evil) so it's probably the latter :p

No they are not. Raiden sounds like he smoked too much. And the rest... i mean Armstrong is so damn ridiculously written and the "Conclusion" to that Story... OMG.

I mean just because its from Platinum doesnt mean everything is perfect in this game. They had only one game with a "good" story and that was Bayonetta. And the VA was probably Konamis fault.

I think you and me have two very different definitions of what amazing is. It's fun and makes me laugh which is perfect for a game like this.

I suspect the former. I've seen too many anime with ridiculous and sometimes offensive material for me to believe that manu people in their media industries know that the phrase "tone it down" exists.

Sajjaja

Yeah so, I asked JP Kellams on twitter if I could get a lower resolution than 800x600.
"LOL. Nope. Don’t think so."

Asked if there were files I could tweak.
"Not at this time, no."

Whelp. GUESS ILL HAVE TO MAKE DO.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
of all the DRM that bother people (with any game not just rising), always online was the one that always baffles me. But then again I honestly dont remember the last time my computer wasnt online :/

jediyoshi

Here's a quick peek.

1024x768.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214607096
D7FFF1E3C983014AC757E6F748BB6DBB8F06E502

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214607068

I haven't edited any of the ini files yet. It's all low settings, 800x600. Hopefully I can bring it down to 640x480 to get a smoother framerate.

But damn, this is really well optimized, I'm surprised. Hopefully I can edit the ini files. I'll play some more later tonight.

Damn I miss the low settings screenshot thread

Grief.exe

of all the DRM that bother people (with any game not just rising), always online was the one that always baffles me. But then again I honestly dont remember the last time my computer wasnt online :/

Its not always online anyways, its a overzealous bug with the Steamworks API

This is definitely a function of the way MGR uses the Steam API. Using a modified steam_api.dll allows it to work in Steam Offline mode. I can't say whether it's a bug or deliberate implementation, but it's not any other sort of DRM, all Steam.

Yeah, I just tested this and it works. It's definitely a bug of using the Steamworks API incorrectly if this causes it. No extra DRM to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom