• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

question! do you guys just go ahead and claim bundle keys where you already have some (half of the games)

especially those humble bundle ones... like Deep Silver etc

I did buy some bundles for some specific games in the past, even if I had most of other games, I do it now in then, in an almost casual manner, and I will without any doubt engage in this fruitful activity in the future. And of course that means you can do this as well, since such an active and respected member of this community and Steam in general as myself is actively encouraging you to do so!

If I understood your question correctly, that is.

wilflare

my english/grammar needs some working on.

for example,
Humble Bundles (like those publisher ones, DeepSilver, DoubleFine, etc) tend to put a number of games on one bundle code.

Question - Do you guys still redeem that code despite owning some or half of the games on that code? (in other words, the bundle code has 5 games, you own 4 of them but need the other one)

So yea, forced to play Rising in a window to not stretch to my res, plus the negative mouse accel is horrible, and the yellow gritty filter sucks ass. Bad port is bad.

I've never played this game though, really awesome :).

The_Monk

for example,
Humble Bundles (like those publisher ones, DeepSilver, DoubleFine, etc) tend to put a number of games on one bundle code.

Question - Do you guys still redeem that code despite owning some or half of the games on that code? (in other words, the bundle code has 5 games, you own 4 of them but need the other one)

If you are talking about those Bundles that is only one single key for all the titles then it depends fellow GAFfer.

Example: I wanted Tropico 3 but I got Tropico trilogy from a Bundle I bought. Because I only wanted 1 of those 3 games I gave it way via Modbot so instead of having one game I wanted and two that I didn't wanted, I decided to wait for a sale on said game. Of course if you own most of the titles but the one you don't have is the one you are really interested then go ahead and claim the key. ;)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

for example,

Why would I buy it if I wasn't going to redeem it?

Turfster

for example,

Oh. Right. If it's a game I want, sure. Otherwise... probably not.

>< how did you come to that conclusion

Because you said claiming keys rather than buying bundles. I figured if you had already purchased it you would have wanted it.

But otherwise yes, I'll do this from time to time, but it all just results in a standard value equation.

Anteater

So yea, forced to play Rising in a window to not stretch to my res, plus the negative mouse accel is horrible, and the yellow gritty filter sucks ass. Bad port is bad.

I've never played this game though, really awesome :).

Well the yellow gritty filter was just an art direction :lol

I really really hope someone come up with a mod to remove the grain filter, the game would look better without it.

wilflare

Why would I buy it if I wasn't going to redeem it?

I wanted to reply... until I saw that Email tag lol

don't we just buy humble bundles because it's charity/value/love of games :p

(it just comes to down to.. man if I claim this code now, I would be wasting the other 4 games that could have gone to someone else)

Because you said claiming keys rather than buying bundles. I figured if you had already purchased it you would have wanted it.

But otherwise yes, I'll do this from time to time, but it all just results in a standard value equation.

bad phrasing on my part! my bad!

PRICING MISTAKE ON RISING. PRICING MISTAKE ON RISING.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235460/

$14.39!!!

A38PPO8m.jpg

Sajjaja

Nah guys, I dun goofed. I think my browser is in some other country >_< But it's in English. Idk how to change it back.

I feel so fucking stupid.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really bringing the ios experience to steam :|

To be fair this (or even lower) is the price it SHOULD have launched at, look at Gunman Clide, they didn't come up with any bullshit PC premium price

Shade

A few extra keys. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alien Spidy -- MB-3030A23977AC8F56 - Taken by caffeinedreamer. 10 entrants total.
Nihilumbra -- MB-01BC5421004D3180 - Taken by ohblahitsme. 29 entrants total.
PixelJunk Monsters -- MB-602C2EB02BC18F0D - Taken by Servizio. 29 entrants total.

t1389329338z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
are you thinking of another game? this is the game where you can repeatedly rape a mother and her daughters, one of which looks to be about ten years old.
Yeah, I dont think this part of a half-day old conversation needed to be elucidated.

_hekk05

Banned
are you thinking of another game? this is the game where you can repeatedly rape a mother and her daughters, one of which looks to be about ten years old.

I'm pretty sure he's thinking what you're thinking. That's why there are spoilers.
Probably joke post though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

It was a "we buy anything on steam" joke, thought the spoilers made that clear :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom