• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the gist of the gif, yes. ;)

i felt that it needed to be translated, not that i mis quoted and when I tried to edit it to the original post i cant because the image was altered.

......damnit

Saoirse Ronan is overrated!

Well, I can't really say that. I have only seen one of her movies

edit: fixed!

mannerbot

I really hope it was just a joke because I did search one of those games and from the wikipedia (I have no idea if it's true or not) it says that the game simulates rape and pedophilia...

It must be the most strange thing I've seen on Steam-GAF and honestly, the last thing I can expect when things go Off Topic in here to the point that If the picture is real, than it's beyond sad and creepy, if it was a joke then it's pretty sad what one must do to grab someone's else attention. While both are bad/sad, I still prefer the second option but either way I really wish we could avoid going off topic like that and simply avoid these controversial things. I'm sure there might be a place on the internet for that and this fine thread sure isn't the place for such... things.

Yes, RapeLay is an infamous game for just those reasons, and eroge is one of the reasons Japanese devs aren't so enthusiastic about PC as a platform (in Japan it's typically associated with hentai games). It is certainly just a silly joke by Milamber but SteamGAF has proven more gullible than I would have thought. Now I see how Bioshock Infinite and Rogue Legacy finished so high in the GOTY voting!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Saoirse Ronan is overrated!

Well, I can't really say that. I have only seen one of her movies

tumblr_mjysnzi9xw1rmy2dug8.gif

I've watched more saoirse ronan interviews than the actual movies she's in

thanks jasec
I'm pretty sure I've seen more photos of her different facial expressions than her interviews.

...thanks jaseC

<3

Is that Windows Vista with UAC enabled?

That's just sick.

In my experience, Vista itself was actually quite solid post-SP1. I rolled with it for a fair while, until I decided to give 7 a shot.

mrgone

At this point, I would almost personally fund either of these projects
if I worked at Valve

I'd totally re-buy Shadow Complex on PC, if only to help convey that the sequel shouldn't have been shelved. They'd probably just make that a next-gen Microsoft exclusive anyways, but at least it'd exist.

Epic, we used to be pals.

mannerbot

I have my taskbar set to never combine, what's the benefit of combining if you have free taskbar space? Just takes longer to get to the window you want.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Right, done, sounds good to me, sign me up etc. Just need another sale on it now, and I'm in.

Thanks, Rio - my backlog sends its warm regards in advance.
That's good! If you like any of those elements you're probably going to find something you can enjoy here. If you like more than one, that's even better!

To me, the game can be described as part Inception, part Total Recall, part Minority Report, part Psychonauts, part Batman Arkham games, part Mass Effect (because of the powers and scenery, which reminded me of it) and for some strange reason I can't quite explain, part Mirror's Edge (but with an infinitely better story). But it also manages to have a personality of its own, which is incredible considering that it borrows elements from so many movies and games (or at least it shares them).

JaseC

I'd totally re-buy Shadow Complex on PC, if only to help convey that the sequel shouldn't have been shelved. They'd probably just make that a next-gen Microsoft exclusive anyways, but at least it'd exist.

Epic, we used to be pals.

Supposedly Chair's website, when it was up, still mentioned the PC version was "coming soon". Even just thinking about it hurts.

Edit: I clicked "Post Reply" for my above post and the multi-quote posts weren't deselected. Now I just have to remember to use the Quote link next time and see if there's a change.

Caerith

I'll be honest. Lack of MGQ but with monster girl encyclopedia kinda makes it staged.
Also who the hell opens multiple windows? Tabbed browsing is where its at.

I open multiple windows. Each full of tabs. One cognito, several incognito, none gravelordnito.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
So many SaoirC's. I'm confused, every time I see her avatar I think is JaseC talking.

mrgone

Supposedly Chair's website, when it was up, still mentioned the PC version was "coming soon". Even just thinking about it hurts.

Edit: I clicked "Post Reply" for my above post and the quoted posts weren't deselected. Now I just have to remember to use the Quote link next time and see if there's a change.

Aw, man :( That just makes it worse

Took me 14 hours, but finally finished Risk of Rain. Really addictive little game and highly recommended.

If anything the unlocks are a touch slow because it improves the more you play, but it is a hard act to balance.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Took me 14 hours, but finally finished Risk of Rain. Really addictive little game and highly recommended.

If anything the unlocks are a touch slow because it improves the more you play, but it is a hard act to balance.

Did you play online coop? I'd love to know how that works since I read mixed reviews about it.

denx

So I played Dear Esther to completion today.

So what was that all about anyway? Only thing I got from the game was
somethingsomething car crash somethingsomething syphilis somethingsomething the end

It's good to take screenshots at, I'll give it that.

JaseC

what I'm trying to say is JaseC posers are wack. Avatar creep on your own celeb crushes okay?

If nothing else, Classy gets a pass because he made the appreciation thread. ;)

Edit: I forgot to submit this earlier:
Do we know when its coming?

It's difficult to say because Anno 1404 and Dawn of Discovery are separate apps, so Ubi has to test both as well as Anno 1404: Venice and Dawn of Discovery: Venice. Within a week, maybe two, assuming the beta patch is in good shape?

I believe someone mentioned in another thread that you can move the directory of an individual Steam game to another steam library directory without using any 3rd party tools now. Is this the process:

1. Copy the game directory
  2. Uninstall the game from your library
  3. Paste the copy to a different Steam Library Directory
  4. Install the game to that Steam Library Directory and it won't redownload, it'll just recognize that the files are already there.

wilflare

Haha, I did panic a bit at first as my initial assumption was that one of my "grey market" keys had been pulled. Speaking of keys...

dollarbills81fyq.jpg

I sold 24 overnight, in addition to the dozen or so earlier.

lol. this is pretty impressive. lol. and must be a happy feeling!

fernandes

I believe someone mentioned in another thread that you can move the directory of an individual Steam game to another steam library directory without using any 3rd party tools now. Is this the process:

1. Copy the game directory
  2. Uninstall the game from your library
  3. Paste the copy to a different Steam Library Directory
  4. Install the game to that Steam Library Directory and it won't redownload, it'll just recognize that the files are already there.

It's not a new thing. I think that process has always worked since they added the multiple libraries option.

Nabs

Ys I down
Ys II down
Ys Origin down

Felghana... you're mine.

...some other fucking time. I'm tired.

I know people say you could skip I and II, but I think you'd end up missing a lot of the story and references. It's also good to learn how this series handles leveling through something like Ys I instead of one of the modern games.

FloatOn

If nothing else, Classy gets a pass because he made the appreciation thread. ;)

god I can't wait until she get's knocked up and/or matures into something unattractive to you people.

it will be an avatar change revolution.

Ys I down
Ys II down
Ys Origin down

Felghana... you're mine.

I know people say you could skip I and II, but I think you'd end up missing a lot of the story and references. It's also good to learn how this series handles leveling through something like Ys I instead of one of the modern games.

I beat 1 and 2 a couple of months ago and the stories and music were pretty much the only things that made the games worthwhile. The leveling was just a bunch of grinding which is something I used to enjoy but have much less patience for these days. Looking forward to beating Oath and Origin one day though.

mannerbot

Ys I down
Ys II down
Ys Origin down

Felghana... you're mine.

How do you like the games so far? From what little I've seen, the boss fights (in Oath and Origins) look really fun, but apparently the rest of the dungeons are not that interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom