• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mega Man on Steam yet?
8Ay8GyM.jpg

DOSBox can save us

Die Hard With a Revengeance.

I probably had like 15-20fps lol. Which is surprising. Very well optimized. If I could have lowered the resolution, it would have been fully playable.

Also, I got some friend invites. Who are Makeshift Chef, AbundantChoice and efficaxor?

I'm Makeshift Chef, that would be me. Yes :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone know why all of a sudden Portal needs a 2.3 GB update, and Portal 2 needs a 6.6 GB update?

It's due to a recent client update. I lost Codename Gordon and spent a short while wondering why my library game count had dropped by one.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Remember Me. The ending left me completely satisfied, and I can say this is a great game. Not perfect, mind you, but great nevertheless. It's ambitious, it has a fantastic art style and atmosphere, beautiful vistas, a top-notch sountrack and an interesting plot. The combat mechanics are very well done and the platforming works, although the latter gets a bit monotonous after a while. I'd describe the combat as a mix of Batman Arkham hand-to-hand fighting system (achieving combos and dodging hits in a kind of rhytmic way) with Mass Effect-like special powers (which work on a cooldown and gradually deplete a power bar when used). The combo creation system isn't too deep, but it's nice: it provides the player with a bunch of pre-made skeletons and allows them to insert a specific ability into each single combo attack. That way players can make a combo that restores a portion of Nilin's health bar while decreasing the cooldown time on her attacks, or one purely focused on raw attack strength for example. There's also a dynamic soundtrack that plays during some fights, which increases in intensity as you make bigger and bigger combos while avoiding enemy attacks. That's something I'd love to see implemented in more games, and which I even think was underused here.

There were a couple or two of puzzles, one of which took me a while to solve. Memory remixes are extremely well done, and it's a shame there were very few of them. There are many collectible documents that can be read, and they provide a really interesting view on the game's universe and characters. I'd suggest reading them all (I missed a few, so I may have to replay the game in order to get those).

The game is extremely linear, but I didn't feel that was a bad thing, to be honest. It has a good pacing, and it never reaches a point where it becomes boring. My playthrough on Medium took me 13 hours, and that's perfect to me because I feel that a little longer would have made it overstay its welcome.

As much as I liked it, Remember Me has its share of bugs and glitches. Not many, but enough to ruin the immersion (half of Nilin's body clipping through a wall) or make you lose progress. Twice I had to restart a mission: first because some parts of a level failed to load, preventing a scripted scene to occur and a trapdoor from unlocking, which blocked the way forward; and second because I was stuck in fight mode after killing all the bad guys, therefore rendering me unable to activate a necessary button in order to continue the level. Fortunately both glitches happened close to the beginning of their respective missions, so I barely lost any progress, but that didn't make them less annoying. Had the sound cut out for a couple of seconds too, but that only happened once.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed playing this game. If you are a fan of either science fiction, good combat mechanics, light platforming or exquisite orchestrated techno music, then I'd recommend picking this up. I consider it a game worth playing. Oh, and huge thanks to Dreamfall for gifting it to me!

_hekk05

Banned
Not saying it did, I'm just saying obvious tag fishing shouldn't be rewarded. While I don't think that Milamber was fishing for a tag, it was clearly a staged screenshot.

I'll be honest. Lack of MGQ but with monster girl encyclopedia kinda makes it staged.
Also who the hell opens multiple windows? Tabbed browsing is where its at.

mannerbot

I'll be honest. Lack of MGQ but with monster girl encyclopedia kinda makes it staged.
Also who the hell opens multiple windows? Tabbed browsing is where its at.

A whole desktop with nothing but shortcuts to hentai games, and multiple hentai games open on the taskbar. OH GOSH HOW EMBARRASSING HOW COULD I FORGET

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Must have been terrifying and lonely.

Haha, I did panic a bit at first as my initial assumption was that one of my "grey market" keys had been pulled. Speaking of keys...

dollarbills81fyq.jpg

I sold 24 overnight, in addition to the dozen or so earlier.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
real talk:

I'd buy the fuck out of an enhanced Infinity Blade trilogy on steam

are you listening Chair?

and get on that Shadow Complex port while you are at it.

At this point, I would almost personally fund either of these projects
if I worked at Valve

oipic

Just finished Remember Me.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed playing this game. If you are a fan of either science fiction, good combat mechanics, light platforming or exquisite orchestrated techno music, then I'd recommend picking this up. I consider it a game worth playing. Oh, and huge thanks to Dreamfall for gifting it to me!

Right, done, sounds good to me, sign me up etc. Just need another sale on it now, and I'm in.

Thanks, Rio - my backlog sends its warm regards in advance.

The_Monk

A whole desktop with nothing but shortcuts to hentai games, and multiple hentai games open on the taskbar. OH GOSH HOW EMBARRASSING HOW COULD I FORGET

I really hope it was just a joke because I did search one of those games and from the wikipedia (I have no idea if it's true or not) it says that the game simulates rape and pedophilia...

It must be the most strange thing I've seen on Steam-GAF and honestly, the last thing I can expect when things go Off Topic in here to the point that If the picture is real, than it's beyond sad and creepy, if it was a joke then it's pretty sad what one must do to grab someone's else attention. While both are bad/sad, I still prefer the second option but either way I really wish we could avoid going off topic like that and simply avoid these controversial things. I'm sure there might be a place on the internet for that and this fine thread sure isn't the place for such... things.

Right, done, sounds good to me, sign me up etc. Just need another sale on it now, and I'm in.

Thanks, Rio - my backlog sends its warm regards in advance.

You and me my friend. And thanks for posting those fine impressions RionaaM !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom