• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lol. this is pretty impressive. lol. and must be a happy feeling!

I can't help but a feel a little bad that people were coughing up about 17x what I paid for the game, but I'd be lying if I said that buying two $20 games that haven't been discounted in yonks, without dipping into my own pocket, doesn't feel wonderful:

ddtryvlw8.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ys I down
Ys II down
Ys Origin down

Felghana... you're mine.

...some other fucking time. I'm tired.

I know people say you could skip I and II, but I think you'd end up missing a lot of the story and references. It's also good to learn how this series handles leveling through something like Ys I instead of one of the modern games.

Damn son, dat Ys cocaine.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I can't help but a feel a little bad that people were coughing up about 17x what I paid for the game, but I'd be lying if I said that buying two $20 games that haven't been discounted in yonks, without dipping into my own pocket, doesn't feel wonderful:

http://abload.de/img/ddtryvlw8.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I bet you got a foil too >:|

Deadbeat

Banned

ddtryvlw8.jpg
That game had the best weapon trailer. Just gunning down tons of indians/romans was hilarious.

Nabs

god I can't wait until she get's knocked up and/or matures into something unattractive to you people.

it will be an avatar change revolution.

I beat 1 and 2 a couple of months ago and the stories and music were pretty much the only things that made the games worthwhile. The leveling was just a bunch of grinding which is something I used to enjoy but have much less patience for these days. Looking forward to beating Oath and Origin one day though.

Oath and Origin take it up another level with the combat and boss design. You'll probably like it a lot more than the first two, but you'll still have to deal with grinding. It's not nearly as annoying, especially if you know what to expect.

How do you like the games so far? From what little I've seen, the boss fights (in Oath and Origins) look really fun, but apparently the rest of the dungeons are not that interesting?

Definitely worth checking out for the bosses alone. There are some really cool battles in Oath/Origin. I also find the dungeons fine. I enjoy the combat and exploration, so they are fun to play through.

Grief.exe

Thank you so much! I actually have a few other carts I need to clean as well (Super Metroid is in pretty bad shape as well)

Be real careful with Goof Off on the labels. I've never had a problem with it until DKC 2, now my label is really light.
The protector that is generally over those labels must have been worn off over the years. Just be safe and use water.

SNES Thread > Steam Thread

ibippHnEszZ8Wm.png

Ezalc

Is steam being ass right now for anybody else? Xcom has crashed twice in the last 5 minutes and the first time it said that the steam servers were too busy to handle my request while the second time it was because it was apparently already running.

denx

Be real careful with Goof Off on the labels. I've never had a problem with it until DKC 2, now my label is really light.
The protector that is generally over those labels must have been worn off over the years. Just be safe and use water.

SNES Thread > Steam Thread

Oh man, that collection.

3MD0jY7.gif

Those Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country and Chrono Trigger are hitting right in the nostalgia.

wilflare

ddtryvlw8.jpg

which game is it exactly? :O

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I got some discounts which I dont plan using.

75% Trapped Dead
66% A New Beginning - Final Cut
75% Trapped Dead
50% Alan Wake's American Nightmare
50% Crusader Kings 2
20% Velocity Ultra
(4) 10% Toki Tori 2+

Does anyone wants any of them?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Throwing out all my old PC game boxes back in the day felt great. The shapes they created with cardboard were a crime against storage theory. CD cases were pretty shit too, but double dipping on Steam cleaned up those nicely.

ddtryvlw8.jpg

I actually completed Tunnel Rats a year ago. Maybe I'm a masochistic? I dunno.

Faabulous

ddtryvlw8.jpg

You don't intend on playing Darkest of days right? It's a pretty good game, it's rough sure, but it's damn good. I wish more people would play that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Thank you so much! I actually have a few other carts I need to clean as well (Super Metroid is in pretty bad shape as well)

Actually, your Megaman X is in pretty good shape, other than the sticker residue on the sides. Do a search for it on eBay: Not only it's an expensive game, every single copy of it has ripped labels, broken case, whatever you imagine.

One of them was even entirely covered in sharpie, because the owner wanted to make it look like the Killer Instinct cart when he was a child.

People really physically hate Megaman X.

Or just ask grief, he should know.

mannerbot

Actually, your Megaman X is in pretty good shape, other than the sticker residue on the sides. Do a search for it on eBay: Not only it's an expensive game, every single copy of it has ripped labels, broken case, whatever you imagine.

One of them was even entirely covered in sharpie, because the owner wanted to make it look like the Killer Instinct cart when he was a child.

People really physically hate Megaman X.

Or just ask grief (I think?), he should know.

You had me thinking it was up to Mega Man X3 prices now, it's still under $30. Good news is I'm not tempted to sell my pristine copy for that little!

Grief.exe

30 bucks? I though it was more expensive than that.

Still, they're all in terrible condition!

X2 and X3 are the ones that are stupid expensive.

Apparently production was very expensive since they used some extra processing power in the cart. In turn, this made the game very expensive and it came out near the end of the SNES's lifetime, so sold very little copies.

I would love to get a hold of either, but I just picked up the Mega Man X Collection at Gamestop the other day for PS2. They were actually having a 75% off sale so I swooped in there and grabbed what I could.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
which game is it exactly? :O

Motor Rock. I bought three spares for $11 back when it hit Steam and yesterday I sold one copy for 25 TF2 keys and the remaining two copies for 50 Dota 2 keys. I'm set to make just under $164.

You don't intend on playing Darkest of days right? It's a pretty good game, it's rough sure, but it's damn good. I wish more people would play that.

Not right now (I need to focus on finishing Black Flag), but who knows what the future holds!

Lunaniem

Motor Rock. I bought three spares for $11 back when it hit Steam and yesterday I sold one copy for 25 TF2 keys and the remaining two copies for 50 Dota 2 keys. I'm set to make just under $164.

Not right now (I need to focus on finishing Black Flag), but who knows what the future holds!

I was meaning on buying copies to resell but never did.

I feel stupid now.

Cth

Took me 14 hours, but finally finished Risk of Rain. Really addictive little game and highly recommended.

If anything the unlocks are a touch slow because it improves the more you play, but it is a hard act to balance.

Got to play a six player co-op game tonight.

Whoa.

Consortium is really neat, people should give it a go as 17.99 (or around 14 if you use a trader) really isn't much to support a dev doing as much as they are. Reminds me a bit of The Last Express in terms of using one location where you can miss certain events depending on where you are and who you talk to. Dialogue system is a bit like Alpha Protocol in terms of being timed and having reactions affect your relation with them, although what's neat is often times you will have the option to talk to multiple people at once. So, if one person asks you a question you can choose to offend them by answering the superior or something along those lines. Really seems like there's an incredible amount of branching possibilities. Only real negative so far is the FPS elements are a bit poor but you can get through the entire game without firing a bullet it seems as I've managed to talk my way out of everything.

schuey7

I got some discounts which I dont plan using.

75% Trapped Dead
66% A New Beginning - Final Cut
75% Trapped Dead
50% Alan Wake's American Nightmare
50% Crusader Kings 2
20% Velocity Ultra
(4) 10% Toki Tori 2+

Does anyone wants any of them?

I got a 20% Velocity Ultra coupon too if anyone wants it.Just pm me.

Momentary

Banned
DAMN! Rising was a treat to play today. Can't wait for the weekend so I can actually spend some time with it. Sucks about the bug with it having to be online. Other than that, this game is almost perfect other than resolution. It had over 12,200 concurrent players today. If you ask me, that's pretty damn good.

Just for reference, DmC only had 5,700.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Kingdom Rush is awesome guys. I know there isn't a whole lot to it, but the game plays great, feels really responsive, and is a lot of fun. I was worried that playing with a mouse/keyboard would be harder than playing with a touch screen (as I've only played this on my tablet) but the keyboard shortcuts work really well.

Lots of content, tons of achievements, and really fun.

The downsides: there isn't much (any?) new content here. And of course, they opted for a base price that is quite a bit higher than their Android/iOS version.

So if you're a fan of Kingdom Rush or great tower defense games, you owe it to yourself to pick this up. If you're on the fence, I would say this is a must-have when it's on sale for 66-75% off.

Wookieomg

Hey guys, thinking about picking up Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance from Nuuvem... One question: What is the process, preferably in a step-by-step order for ordering and redeeming on Steam? I figure since there are regional differences and whathaveyou that I would need to mask my IP or something.. correct? Never bought from them before...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Consortium is really neat, people should give it a go as 17.99 (or around 14 if you use a trader) really isn't much to support a dev doing as much as they are. Reminds me a bit of The Last Express in terms of using one location where you can miss certain events depending on where you are and who you talk to. Dialogue system is a bit like Alpha Protocol in terms of being timed and having reactions affect your relation with them, although what's neat is often times you will have the option to talk to multiple people at once. So, if one person asks you a question you can choose to offend them by answering the superior or something along those lines. Really seems like there's an incredible amount of branching possibilities. Only real negative so far is the FPS elements are a bit poor but you can get through the entire game without firing a bullet it seems as I've managed to talk my way out of everything.

I do love a game where that is a valid option. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be getting it sometime in the near future.

Exuro

Kingdom Rush is awesome guys. I know there isn't a whole lot to it, but the game plays great, feels really responsive, and is a lot of fun. I was worried that playing with a mouse/keyboard would be harder than playing with a touch screen (as I've only played this on my tablet) but the keyboard shortcuts work really well.

Lots of content, tons of achievements, and really fun.

The downsides: there isn't much (any?) new content here. And of course, they opted for a base price that is quite a bit higher than their Android/iOS version.

So if you're a fan of Kingdom Rush or great tower defense games, you owe it to yourself to pick this up. If you're on the fence, I would say this is a must-have when it's on sale for 66-75% off.
Let me know when linux and steam cloud support are in and I'll be there.

Played it on both armorgames and tablet. Great game. Hoping the new content is good whenever it releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom