• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah, I was looking for Riddick during the sale and noticed it wasn't there anymore. Such a shame, as I never got to play a single version of it.

It's

so_good.gif

It's actually 2 games in one. It has a HD remaster of Escape from Butcher Bay and the new Assault of Dark Athena game. Both are good but Butcher Bay is one of my favorite games. The games are even better than the movies. I'm not saying the movies are shit, i'm saying the games are THAT good. Butcher Bay gives me massive Prison Break season 1 vibes and Vin Diesel himself voices Riddick, also both games are prequels to Pitch Black.

If you want to pick them up you always can track down a PC boxed copy, go to GOG or get the PS3/360 version. GOG would be your best bet since boxed PC copies use TAGES.

http://www.gog.com/game/the_chronicles_of_riddick_assault_on_dark_athena

It's being as low as $5 from memory and is DRM free.

edit: Gamestop has Steam keys

Copons

Be real careful with Goof Off on the labels. I've never had a problem with it until DKC 2, now my label is really light.
The protector that is generally over those labels must have been worn off over the years. Just be safe and use water.

SNES Thread > Steam Thread

WOAH

Did your ugly lame ass dudebro blocky US cartridges had plastic boxes or it is some kind of collecting shenanigan?

I've lost ALL my fucking PAL card boxes, even if I always kept them safe in a dedicated drawer, because my mother was "eh card boxes let's recycle them"
and at the time in Italy there wasn't separate collection of shit
, including that awesome Secret of Mana box with its beautiful map inside. :'(

Arthea

Update on my Quest for dying a lot in lltQueen: managed to die in 9 different ways, 2 to go. Very much running out of ideas.
Still haven't won naval war without lumen, this time I didn't fight Ixion war, any war until naval, had military skills and economics done, still lost it. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?
total playtime: 16 hours (><)
That's basically only one winter sale game I play and finished like 20 times or so (><)
Best $5 spent?

JaseC has always been real ;)

They all look real to me :)

Grief.exe

WOAH

Did your ugly lame ass dudebro blocky US cartridges had plastic boxes or it is some kind of collecting shenanigan?

I've lost ALL my fucking PAL card boxes, even if I always kept them safe in a dedicated drawer, because my mother was "eh card boxes let's recycle them"
and at the time in Italy there wasn't separate collection of shit
, including that awesome Secret of Mana box with its beautiful map inside. :'(

Collecting shenanigans, they are called universal game cases.

mannerbot

And it only gets better. Enjoy!

The game fell off pretty hard for me after Anor Londo. Luckily the DLC content shows a return to form, but the last leg of the normal game was kind of a letdown. Still a great game though, I like it enough to go for the 100%.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had an urge to buy Marc Ecko due to missing out on it when it came out, but I heard how bad the port was. I had an urge to buy Crazy Taxi then I remembered how terrible the port was.

come on, ya'll. It's 2013(4). This shouldn't be happening.

oipic

I've decided to join the RJP thing, since it's my birthday and everything, I thought what the hell !

Happy Birthday, NingenJanai - hope you have a great day that is somehow just a little more special than normal. :)

Ah thank you, they look really beautiful! :)

I've been waiting for an opportunity to say the same about Grief's AD700s - they're as beautiful as he is handsome - but there just hasn't been an appropriate time for that, so I won't.

Must shout myself a pair one day.

Hasney

I had an urge to buy Marc Ecko due to missing out on it when it came out, but I heard how bad the port was. I had an urge to buy Crazy Taxi then I remembered how terrible the port was.

come on, ya'll. It's 2013(4). This shouldn't be happening.

To be fair, it was 2006 and 2010 respectively when they happened

Asskicker

If nothing else, Classy gets a pass because he made the appreciation thread. ;)

Edit: I forgot to submit this earlier:

It's difficult to say because Anno 1404 and Dawn of Discovery are separate apps, so Ubi has to test both as well as Anno 1404: Venice and Dawn of Discovery: Venice. Within a week, maybe two, assuming the beta patch is in good shape?

Are they re-releasing Anno 1404 on Steam? :D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I am forever going to be insanely jealous of OutRun 2006 owners. If only I had known back then.
I still remember my dad seeing a review of it on a computer magazine and saying "This looks really cool, we should get it". Sadly we never did.

If only I had been using Steam back then, guys. If only...

Thanks guys, I woke with a cold, luckily I don't have high fever, just sore throat and fuzzy feeling.

I hope they add more Brothers keys on Amazon, would be a nice auto gift :)

Happy birthday!

On an unrelated note, nearly done with Alpha Protocol. Probably going to give Proteus a spin next, it looks intriguing.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I randomly just remembered that DreadOut was already Greenlit and that I'm really excited about that game.

I am REALLY excited for DreadOut.

wilflare

I try not to think about it. I've missed the boat on so much stuff. :(

I still can't believe that e-mail actually set something in motion. King Kong and Tintin are pending, right, Ubi?

send more emails JaseC! maybe to whoever who owns Lode Runner now

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
send more emails JaseC! maybe to whoever who owns Lode Runner now

I'd like to try and convince WB to get Wheelman back on the store, but when I pleaded for a key to this sub, after I was dicked over, I was just told:

Thank you for contacting WB Technical Support!

I am afraid we will not be able to help you with this one - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY is currently the only version of the game available on Steam. We have been issuing Steam codes for Batman: AA GOTY for people with both base and GOTY retail versions of the game, and unfortunately that is the only kind of Steam key we are able to provide.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

(Fun fact: if you GS "Warner you cunt", my post is the second result. Seriously, WB, let me love you: I don't want to play the game, and am fully aware it's no longer supported, I just want it! There's a delightful, ice cream-filled distinction there.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We really need our priorities sorted: first Sega, then Wheelman, then everything else!

PandaPedinte installed as Sega's president -> belated Sega ports -> Wheelman is the only compromise I will accept!

Send emails to Hasbro, I want all the D&D games on Steam.

Oh god, the most frustrating thing about this is that Valve employees own them from back when Atari was this close to making them available publicly:

icewilddaleqpudd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom