• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the whole of Pinball Arcade is not worth it ATM.
Still bitter the devs didn't discount the packs even 20% on Winter Seal. :\

Yeah, those tables are expensive, I have it with a few tables on my Vita ( was free on PSN Plus ) and love the game, but the table prices....

I'm waiting for the Pinball Arcade Humble bundle.

Hasney

I don't remember much of it. Was it good?

I'd find it hard to outright recommend it, purely because I have no idea how much of it was nostalgia, but there's just so much freedom. You can create the best pizzas in the world, but it's more fun to sneak into a competing restaurant and bomb/bazooka/unleash rats into them. This review sums it up well:

http://www.gamespot.com/pizza-tycoon/user-reviews/2200-165476/

Just read that Fast Food Tycoon was originally called Pizza Syndicate and is by the same developers. I may have to try this out.

EDIT: Speaking of old, brilliant sim games, I've just found out MAD TV is available in browser form.

http://www.madtv-online.com/index

i was all set up for a night of MGR.....and then sprained my thumb in basketball. Believe it or not...that hasn't made the game easier.

Hard is kicking my ass. Got the part with the Gecko and he is just bull rushing the shit out of me

Dolken

Neo Member
I'd find it hard to outright recommend it, purely because I have no idea how much of it was nostalgia, but there's just so much freedom. You can create the best pizzas in the world, but it's more fun to sneak into a competing restaurant and bomb/bazooka/unleash rats into them. This review sums it up well:

http://www.gamespot.com/pizza-tycoon/user-reviews/2200-165476/

Just read that Fast Food Tycoon was originally called Pizza Syndicate and is by the same developers. I may have to try this out.

EDIT: Speaking of old, brilliant sim games, I've just found out MAD TV is available in browser form.

http://www.madtv-online.com/index

Yeah, I'll stick to CSD.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about 99.9% sure that outside of the obvious (no 3D, now has achievements) there aren't any, but I haven't played the PC version so I can't say for sure.
Mmm... It's cheap, but I doubt I'd play it on PC if it's exactly the same (it's a good game for a -not so quick- toilet session). Plus I love the 3D effect, so to me it would be inferior.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any game that has collectables will always hold a special place in my heart. Speaking of which, I should pre-order Thi4f soon.

JakeD

got F'd over by a steam download for the first time in a long time

download 10 gigs of MGR...hit pause, put pc to sleep

accidentally wake up pc without logging out of laptop

apparently thats all it took to reset my MGR download...

Hasney

How would you react to Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie (and DK64) Steam releases?

robot-humping-o.gif

Dipper145

after watching the giantbomb quicklook of metal gear rising, I really wish I had gotten it during the steam sale! damn! (if it was on sale) i feel like it was though.

ArjanN

I thought Prey had, not so sure now, because I have it and I see no achievements, somehow I was sure it had.

Prey never had achievements. The version of Prey 2 that was being worked on did have Steam achievements. :p

I have the achievements for Deadpool and the original version of Zombie Driver, and those are both gone from the store.

Turfster

You don't need to be Derrick to see that Tomb Raider was shit.

But it helps, because it's the only way to arrive at that conclusion.

Was going to post the nuuvem Deep Silver deals, but of course they're all region locked up the wazoo. Hey Deep Silver, you're never going to sell a copy of Ride to Hell Retribution like this. =p

I'm tempted to pick up Riddick from GameStop PC... I read Tages can be completely uninstalled with the new drivers from their site. Is it worth the $20?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought a man of your means would have snagged one of those gold tier amd codes.

I'm a sucker for DDEs so I'll be pre-purchasing the Master Thief Edition.

How would you react to Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie (and DK64) Steam releases?

Funny you should say that:

Edit: Seeing the Banjo-Tooie RTTP thread made me realise I'd love to see PC ports of the HD Kazooie and Tooie remasters Microsoft released on XBLA. Oh, and a PC port of Nuts & Bolts, too.

Jørdan

Really looking forward to this one once it's fully released. Just looks awesome.

Those that have been playing it have been really enjoying it even at this early stage, lots of work to be done still and estimates are around a year of development left. Going to be stellar come full release at the end of the year.

This game looks like my cup of tea.

If you played Titan Quest then it's a certainty, I think it'll be a great addition to the genre.

Knurek

Funny you should say that:
Seeing the Banjo-Tooie RTTP thread made me realise I'd love to see PC ports of the HD Kazooie and Tooie remasters Microsoft released on XBLA. Oh, and a PC port of Nuts & Bolts, too.

Maybe after both Wii2 and Wii3 flop Nintendo will come to their senses and release their back catalog on Steam. :)

Banjo-Kazooie is one of my absolute favorite franchises of all-time. It's literally only surpassed by Mario, Zelda and Half-Life. I replayed those games over 10 times each to 100% when I was a kid. I did it again in the XBLA ports along with Nuts & Bolts. I even got the GBA games and beat those.

I also 100% Diddy Kong Racing. :p

I adore the GOOD collectathons. I really miss the N64 era sometimes...

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I have livethread going so seeing this as the first new post right after tabbing over from the Kikaider anime opening theme was kiiiinda weird.

...Uh, to try and stay on topic:
Mmm... It's cheap, but I doubt I'd play it on PC if it's exactly the same (it's a good game for a -not so quick- toilet session). Plus I love the 3D effect, so to me it would be inferior.
I didn't even enjoy the 3DS version much (something about the movement was unpleasant, unappealing manila folder visuals) but I like achievements and it's cheap so I've had to actively dissuade myself from buying it.

I dunno what it is with me and average/sub-average platformers. After Superfrog HD ended up in the Team17 bundle I looked at the video, said "man, that looks kinda turdy" and immediately dropped $1 on it. Something is wrong with me :/

vermadas

Banjo-Kazooie is one of my absolute favorite franchises of all-time. It's literally only surpassed by Mario, Zelda and Half-Life. I replayed those games over 10 times each to 100% when I was a kid. I did it again in the XBLA ports along with Nuts & Bolts. I even got the GBA games and beat those.

You must be looking forward to A Hat In Time then :) I adored the Banjo games as well.

Turfster

I know, I know... I'm a pathetic Steam only guy for the most part. I'm holding out on some Origin and GOG games just to have them on Steam. It's sad but that's where I'm at right now. :p

Are you sure the 20$ version is even a Steam key?
So it is.
I'd still buy the GOG version, but that's me ;)

You must be looking forward to A Hat In Time then :) I adored the Banjo games as well.

Absolutely. I've been following it since its inception and have even donated to the Kickstarter. :)

Are you sure the 20$ version is even a Steam key?
So it is.
I'd still buy the GOG version, but that's me ;)

I wish I had your fortitude. I bought for Steam
and just signed a deal with the devil.
;)

Here's hoping. :p

I will never hope for Nintendo to fail! That would probably start the downfall of the industry if that happens too.
I just have way too many childhood memories that would be destroyed should that happen. :(

Dolken

Neo Member
Jørdan;96599009 said:
If you played Titan Quest then it's a certainty, I think it'll be a great addition to the genre.

If early impressions are anything to go by, this game should turn out great. I'll probably wait for a price drop though.

maty

I loved Banjo-Kazooie and I would buy it in a heartbeat if it was released on steam. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to play Banjo-Tooie since being a kid you could only have so many games and they were really expensive. I remember saving money from birthdays and christmas to finally buy a game once in a while.

Still have my N64, so I might look for a copy down the road haha.

Diddy Kong Racing was awesome!! Played the shit out of that game with my brother and sister. Good times :)

Well, I bought it at release on disc, so technically, I'm in the same boat ;)
Still, maybe they'll patch out the DRM. (Not very likely, sadly)

Just so you and anyone curious that may be considering this, I found the following information quite helpful and is supposedly needed to absolutely minimize the invasiveness of the program (as well as include a complete uninstaller when done with the game).

Installed this game today and it worked. I started up the game, said no to the Tages install. Found the homepage for the Tages DRM. Installed the latest 64 bit DRM, because I have Windows 8 64bit. Fired up the game and it asked for CDkey. Typed in the key(contacted the server) and started playing. - Hope this helps someone. http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm

I loved Banjo-Kazooie and I would buy it in a heartbeat if it was released on steam. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to play Banjo-Tooie since being a kid you could only have so many games and they were really expensive. I remember saving money from birthdays and christmas to finally buy a game once in a while.

Still have my N64, so I might look for a copy down the road haha.

Diddy Kong Racing was awesome!! Played the shit out of that game with my brother and sister. Good times :)

Good lord the memories... I still remember the absolutely epic race/battle against Wizpig!

Also, Banjo-Tooie had some bad framerate problems so I'd suggest the XBLA port if you have access to one. They also included the fabled Stop N Swap in the 360 versions. Perfect Dark also got a great XBLA port if you enjoyed that game.

JakeD

I know, I know... I'm a pathetic Steam only guy for the most part. I'm holding out on some Origin and GOG games just to have them on Steam. It's sad but that's where I'm at right now. :p

i've had the opposite happen to me, i've recently become obsessed with collecting DRM free copies of games to go along with my steam version. luckily humble makes this pretty easy and cheap.

thanks again to hawkie for hooking me up with Prey. my "removed from steam" game collection is getting respectable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom