• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
A2i3xNe.png

Black Dudes 4? Is that suppose to be a play on this?

oIBIBOD.jpg

I just finished Brothers and I thought it was a wonderful little game. A bit rough around the edges, and despite it being visually breathtaking there were some aesthetic inconsistencies that really bothered me (very nitpicky things because the game, at its best, is unparalleled), but I thought it was lovely. The complaints of oversimplicity don't really jive with me because I could see things easily turning tedious. As is, I thought the mechanics were just engaging enough and for the most part everything felt really good.

Seems to be a tad overlooked. I think it may have suffered from an identity crisis (dull Swedish comedy director makes frou-frou game with mid-sized Swedish FPS studio) along with launching as a timed exclusive on an effectively dead console. If it were published by Sony people would be claiming that it's one of the greatest games ever made. It's not, but it's still a special little thing.

Almost anything published by Sony as an exclusive will get praise.

nexen

There are actually two different Crimson Skies.
The PC version, done by Zipper:

CrimsonSkies_coverart.jpg

and the Original Xbox game "Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge" done by FASA.

Crimson_Skies_High_Road_to_Revenge_Boxart.jpg

I heard MS had a huge problem with Zipper during the finalization of the PC version of Crimson Skies and Zipper ended up working to rule until the game finally shipped.

In my humble opinion the xbox version is far superior. The PC version is more sim-like though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So, now that Rising's bug has been fixed I'm torn between that and Consortium. Help me GAF :(

Consortium looks cool, but there seem to be some pretty significant bugs and optimization issues right now. If you're going to get both anyway you may want to grab Rising since they were able to fix their most glaring issue quickly. Consortium has a patch out by the end of the month so they are working on it too, but I'm holding off just because I wouldn't play it until it gets fixed anyway.

edit: This suggestion has been brought to you by Kotaku.

You guys convinced me. I'm grabbing both. Fuck my wallet.

Also a solid choice.

Jawmuncher

Never played the PC version but the Xbox game was godly.
Still have a copy of it somewhere. Was a great mix of arcade and plane action.
If they offered a new game in that style I would be all over it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
sound choices actually!
I'm still waiting on Durante's fix before booting up MGR for the first time

I thought he said he wasn't releasing it, it was just a crude fix to find the issues. Platinum needs to do it themselves and the game does seem like it will be supported post release.

The_Monk

It's strange how few publishers make an effort to bring their GOG libraries to Steam -- the only ones that do so with any regularity are Squeenix, TopWare and, to a lesser extent, Night Dive.

I would be happy with The Hospital on Steam. So many memories of playing that during the cold winter (which was funny because my first priority on the hospitals was making the place warm for the patients since I would relate with the cold).

Grief.exe

sound choices actually!
I'm still waiting on Durante's fix before booting up MGR for the first time

Durante says he won't bother with this one.

Too much work to justify the fix and he doesn't have the time.
Platinum will, most likely, fix the issue.

Boot it up, enjoy the game, come back later for the downsampling.

Honestly, even with downsampling, the game will only look marginal. Remember, this was 60 FPS on consoles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would be happy with The Hospital on Steam. So many memories of playing that during the cold winter (which was funny because my first priority on the hospitals was making the place warm for the patients since I would relate with the cold).

I'd say I'd most like to see Hasbro bring over its D&D library, like Atari was going to do before its publishing contract dissolved.

Jawmuncher

Durante says he won't bother with this one.

Too much work to justify the fix and he doesn't have the time.
Platinum will, most likely, fix the issue.

Boot it up, enjoy the game, come back later for the downsampling.

Honestly, even with downsampling, the game will only look marginal. Remember, this was 60 FPS on consoles.

Yeah MGR definitely is worth jumping into now.
Since as you said Downsampling will be nice but not a huge difference like some are thinking here.

Faabulous

Consortium looks cool, but there seem to be some pretty significant bugs and optimization issues right now. If you're going to get both anyway you may want to grab Rising since they were able to fix their most glaring issue quickly. Consortium has a patch out by the end of the month so they are working on it too, but I'm holding off just because I wouldn't play it until it gets fixed anyway.

edit: This suggestion has been brought to you by Kotaku.

Also a solid choice.

I heard of those. Might be smarter for me to hold off too, if I wait for the end of the month the credit card will only charge me in march. I will get Rising then, because I don't want to miss the party.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
the Steam key is also available from the indie bundles
The Sigma Bundle (Indie Royale)
IndieGameStand

redeem Desura key and check your Desura collection for Steam key

The key is on your collection page if you purchased the Sigma Bundle.

Edit: Your Indie Royale collection page, that is.

Turfster

The Steam thing with comments people make on your screenshots that are "moved or deleted" in the overview is kinda annoying. Screenshots and comment are still there, but you're on your own to find out which thing got commented on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom