• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

I'm chatting with wilflare while idling in 3089 for cards. Got my first card, only 3 listed, so I put it for $1.22. A few minutes later, it's down to 29c with only 10 listings. >_< What is wrong with these people?

Let the level 200 buy the cards at a high price..

LazyGuys Bundle keys came through:

Thanks, here's something in return

ModBot said:
Instructions for YianGaruga:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aquaria -- MB-C33293AB2EBACDDA - Taken by Motorbreath

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Max Temkin &#8207;@MaxTemkin 17m

Got Steam sales data for Samurai Gunn today! I broke even and @Teknopants' living expenses are covered for 2014.

shit double post Im sorry. you guys need to post more! >_<

cicero

I know, I know... I'm a pathetic Steam only guy for the most part. I'm holding out on some Origin and GOG games just to have them on Steam. It's sad but that's where I'm at right now. :p

Unless you are the strict collector type who is unlikely to be playing these games that you want, you are missing out by skipping cheap games during sales on other services.

Fly Me To The Moon

ModBot said:
Instructions for Motorbreath:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To The Moon -- MB-FA4080C5C9854C8C - Taken by VikasNarula

Unless you are the strict collector type who is unlikely to be playing these games that you want, you are missing out by skipping cheap games during sales on other services.

I'm aware. All my EA games I've been getting on the 360 and will now on the PS4. All the older games that I do want that are on GOG and not on Steam are quite few so it's not a huge problem for me. I plan on playing all of my games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
proving that not all cats are spawns of satan

2589037-random.png

Thank you so much Wooandindeedhoo :)

Finished AC. Still prefer AA's focused narrative and design, but this was more refined, sometimes I really felt like Batman, sorta.

Also, recently caught the Doom movie on tv, and the thing that stuck with me was how atrocious that FoV was during the first person segment :lol

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They should work for USA and Canada correct? I'm trying to buy FFVIII.

I have a feeling they aren't letting you stack discounts.

Not all games can have the voucher applied. Might just mean that FFVII isn't eligible. Their blog post is written a bit ambiguously, but I could read it that they have FF discounts, or instead you could buy other games with the voucher. In my past experience with GMG you can absolutely stack discounts, but you could only use one coupon/voucher code. There are always exclusions that won't work with the codes though. Sometimes they have a voucher available for just a handful of games and list those, but others there's a disclaimer saying it won't work for all titles and no details.

Has anybody bought FF8 with the voucher?
Maybe GMG is just telling you to hold off for 9 so you could have a good Final Fantasy game.

Not all games can have the voucher applied. Might just mean that FFVII isn't eligible. Their blog post is written a bit ambiguously, but I could read it that they have FF discounts, or instead you could buy other games with the voucher.

Yeah I saw that as well. Ah well, it can wait.

XShagrath

While you don't get a Steam key, some people might be interested that Kingdoms of Amalur is $3.99 on Gamefly with the coupon code GFDJAN20. You get an Origin key.
Extremely tempting, but I'll hold off for Steam.

I'm one of those weirdos who only will buy things with a Steam key. I don't want a DRM-free copy. I want all my games to be able to be downloaded from one location, so I don't have to remember two dozens sites that I may have purchased something from when I want to re-install it years later.

Jawmuncher

Finished AC. Still prefer AA's focused narrative and design, but this was more refined, sometimes I really felt like Batman, sorta.

Also, recently caught the Doom movie on tv, and the thing that stuck with me was how atrocious that FoV was during the first person segment :lol

I think I'm one of the few who enjoyed the doom movie.
It was dumb as hell but that's what I liked about it. Always thought the FPS scene was pretty cool. Since that's not something we see very often though for good reason. Also it has the best line in a film ever.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6bn2H3BoA

Backlogger

While you don't get a Steam key, some people might be interested that Kingdoms of Amalur is $3.99 on Gamefly with the coupon code GFDJAN20. You get an Origin key.

I'm probably going jump on this. I have enough Origin games now that I don't mind getting this one since there are rarely deals on it for the Steam version.

Extremely tempting, but I'll hold off for Steam.

I'm usually the same way but I've been tracking this game for a long time and it rarely goes on sale for Steam, especially to this price. Even since that Origin Bundle I have been a little more willing to add Origin games as long as they are extremely cheap or free.

proving that not all cats are spawns of satan

2589037-random.png

Thank you so much Wooandindeedhoo :)

You are more than welcome my fine fellow :).

Hope you enjoy the game!

Least that could be done after you have made such a positive and generous addition to our fine little bunch of nerds here :).

Although we're going to have to have words about that 'spawn of satan' outlook though!

Since I recently got my 200th game it's time for a raffle!
u47oU4l.png

Introducing the "I'm An Only Child and Would Like a Brother or Two" Bundle
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Brothers #2 -- MB-992E823BB153EF08 - Taken by Kuroyume. 63 entrants total.
Brothers -- MB-303F2EE92D65FDA2 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 63 entrants total.

t1389391843z1.png

what an amazingly awful movie

- J - D -

I have a feeling they aren't letting you stack discounts.

It's just that FFVII/VIII are ineligible. The Hitman games that are in Hot Deals right now are eligible for the coupon code. The Hitman bundle comes out to $8.43 after coupon.

I already had blood money, but I bought the complete bundle anyway. Will probably give BM away here soon.

cicero

So is Tiny and Big, which ends up being free with the voucher. Maybe I'll just hoover up a number of copies to hand out because what the hell else am I using the vouchers for :|

Yes, this is exactly what people did last year with Hotline Miami, and then Tony added a bunch of other bundles and games, including the surprise MS $5 5-Pack, and everyone who blew their credit on Hotline Miami was screwed... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom