• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102

Hopefully that fixes your issues, I can't help you anymore than that as I haven't set up a DS3/DS4 as of yet.

Yes, you can. I helped a friend with just that a few days ago.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102

Uncheck the "Bluetooth Driver" option in SCP Bluetooth Driver Installer, report back with results.

Thank you dudes so much! It totally works now! Now all I have to complain about is GFWL.

Hey guys. Currently feeling a bit lonely on steam and oolong for more people to game with or even just to compare achievements and games with. This community seems really nice so figured itd be nice get involved. My username is PrisonMikeScott.

Current ill be playing to the moon but I've heard it's super short so open to suggestions on what to move on to next.

M

The only two games I ever kickstarted, Banner Saga and Broken Age, are both releasing on Jan 14th. Weird and kind of unfortunate timing. :/

Jawmuncher

Since I recently got my 200th game it's time for a raffle!
u47oU4l.png

Introducing the "I'm An Only Child and Would Like a Brother or Two" Bundle

Great name for a bundle.
Also Nice giveaway
_____________________________________________________--

Grabbed Brothers myself yesterday even though it's going to be free on PS+
Figured it'd be a nice game to have on steam and 2.49 is a good price.

JakeD

well after a 35 GB download (restarted after 12) MGR:R seems to be running great. i expected to have to mess around because i'm running HDMI to TV, but i'm getting 60fps 1080p fullscreen

nexen

well after a 35 GB download (restarted after 12) MGR:R seems to be running great. i expected to have to mess around because i'm running HDMI to TV, but i'm getting 60fps 1080p fullscreen

I'm so not looking forward to downloading this game. ugh.

Your avatar should be a photo negative of JaseC's.

JakeD

I'm so not looking forward to downloading this game. ugh.

Your avatar should be a photo negative of JaseC's.

hah, i've hung out around here for a year now and never even thought about that. I could probably really mess with people if i changed to a saorise pic. in the meantime i'll just get rid of the santa hat

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What is the cheapest its been on Steam? IsThereAnyDeal seems to indicate $15, but I swear its been ~$7.50 but I don't think its been any cheaper. $4 is hard to pass on even if its Origin

I purchased the complete pack on Steam on March 16, 2013 for $24.99. I believe that's the cheapest it's ever been, and I believe the regular version was $15 at the time.

#noregrets

The_Monk

Just finished GRID 2 fellow GAFfers:

RKcb6Fv.png

First of all, the game looks really nice on PC. Smooth 60 FPS great lightning, good sound engine and it's great to drive in the city at night with all those lights and fireworks. The Career is divided in 5 Seasons, each one with different parts in the World such the US, Europe, Asian and so on. The objective is to bring this racing sport ( a mix of racing, drifting, checkpoints, etc) to a Worldwide competition where the driver have a wider selection of different cars to master different types of engines and roads.

- I own 55 Cards on Career mode which is fine but on the other hands there's some nice cars (and most important, tracks) that are DLC only. Too bad.

- You can't upgrade your cars on Career! Only in Multiplayer which I tried but not only is a bit empty most of the players are really high levels that destroyed me.

Some less optimal things that I noticed:

- The most obvious for most of the people is that there's no Cockpit view. To me this was fine since I love watching my cars while driving (they look really nice).

- The HUD may seem a little blurry but nothing serious.

- My keyboard messed up with this game. Everytime I tried to shift + tab to chat with some GAFfers some letters would just freeze while typing getting something "thisssssssssssss" which, in order to solve it, I had to remove my USB cord from the PC and connecting again. Funny thing is, after I reported the problem in here, it seemed that more GAFfers decided to chat with me just when I was playing this game
you were doing this on purpose don't you, huh? HUH? ;)

Overall I had great fun with the game and I finished clocking around 22 hours. If you like similar games, I truly recommend GRID 2. I think there was some recent hints that 2014 may bring Dirt 4 so I can only hope they focus more on rally racing and less on those side activities.

What is the cheapest its been on Steam? IsThereAnyDeal seems to indicate $15, but I swear its been ~$7.50 but I don't think its been any cheaper. $4 is hard to pass on even if its Origin

As jshackles said, the Complete Pack was $24.99 on March 16, 2013, that's the cheapest it has been on Steam!

Hey guys. Currently feeling a bit lonely on steam and oolong for more people to game with or even just to compare achievements and games with. This community seems really nice so figured itd be nice get involved. My username is PrisonMikeScott.

Current ill be playing to the moon but I've heard it's super short so open to suggestions on what to move on to next.

M

I added you. Also, I'm always welcome to more SteamGAF friends.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shrimpandwhitewine

textonly

Neo Member
IndieGala Space Engineers is live
http://www.indiegala.com/

Pay $1 for:
Miner Wars Arena(Steam)

Pay $4.99 or more and get also:
Miner Wars 2081(Steam)

Pay $13.99 or more and get also:
Space Engineers(Steam)
Exclusive Keen Software concept art pictures pack

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As jshackles said, the Complete Pack was $24.99 on March 16, 2013, that's the cheapest it has been on Steam!

Yeah it was weird, because it was the same day they lowered the base price from $59.99 to $29.99. So the daily deal was 50% off, but in reality it felt like 75% off.

At least, that's how I justified it to myself.

jshackles

IndieGala Space Engineers is live
http://www.indiegala.com/

It's like they're not even trying anymore.

Miner Wars 2081 has been in 3 bundles, and Miner Wars Arena has been in 4. Space Engineers is $14.99 on Steam. So I guess if you just couldn't wait for a discount on that, you could save $1 and get a few bundle fodder games for free.

It's like they're not even trying anymore.

Miner Wars 2081 has been in 3 bundles, and Miner Wars Arena has been in 4. Space Engineers is $14.99 on Steam. So I guess if you just couldn't wait for a discount on that, you could save $1 and get a few bundle fodder games for free.

It's quantity over quality with IndieGala bundles.

The_Monk

good notes Monk. Loved the first one and looking forward to start this next time I want to play a racing game.

Thanks a lot Boss, I only played a bit of the first one and it was on the console but I know that many people liked the first Grid. The most critical negative feedback to this game was, like I mentioned, no Cockpit view but it's a decent game so you should give it a go when you have the chance.

Nabs

Community-Hosted Livestream Highlights Indie Games
http://store.steampowered.com/news/12203/

Valve said:
Indie game developer "Robot Loves Kitty" and community indie game review site "Greenlit Gaming" have teamed up to create a 48-hour Twitch livestream event to highlight indie games from Steam and around the internet.

Called The Supershow Collective, the event will spotlight 60+ Indie games(and their devs!) from Steam, Greenlight, and around the web. The event will have gameplay, casual dev interviews, special guests, giveaways, and sneak peeks.

The show is scheduled to start at 7pm(est) on January 10th, and will showcase titles including:
• Torchlight 2
• The Novelist
• Risk of Rain
• Starseed Pilgrim / Asphyx
• Continue?9876543210
• Tetrobot & co.

The Supershow Collective was created by the indie devs at Robot Loves Kitty and the team at Greenlit Gaming. Their goal is to bring devs and players together to celebrate indie gaming.

Tune in to the show easily by going to the Supershow Collective’s Twitch page: http://www.twitch.tv/team/ssc

The show starts on Friday January 10th at 7pm EST (pre-show at 6:30). Greenlit Gaming will treat you to games from Steam and Steam Greenlight on The Indie Showcase.

Then at 7pm on the 11th, Robot Loves Kitty will intrigue you with indie games you might not have heard of, but really should have, on the IndieDev Supershow.

You can view each show’s full schedule here:
The Indie Showcase schedule: http://greenlitgaming.com/indieshowcase/
IndieDev Supershow schedule: http://robotloveskitty.com/supershow/

Just finished GRID 2 fellow GAFfers:

RKcb6Fv.png

First of all, the game looks really nice on PC. Smooth 60 FPS great lightning, good sound engine and it's great to drive in the city at night with all those lights and fireworks. The Career is divided in 5 Seasons, each one with different parts in the World such the US, Europe, Asian and so on. The objective is to bring this racing sport ( a mix of racing, drifting, checkpoints, etc) to a Worldwide competition where the driver have a wider selection of different cars to master different types of engines and roads.

- I own 55 Cards on Career mode which is fine but on the other hands there's some nice cars (and most important, tracks) that are DLC only. Too bad.

- You can't upgrade your cars on Career! Only in Multiplayer which I tried but not only is a bit empty most of the players are really high levels that destroyed me.

Some less optimal things that I noticed:

- The most obvious for most of the people is that there's no Cockpit view. To me this was fine since I love watching my cars while driving (they look really nice).

- My keyboard messed up with this game. Everytime I tried to shift + tab to chat with some GAFfers some letters would just freeze while typing getting something "thisssssssssssss" which, in order to solve it, I had to remove my USB cord from the PC and connecting again. Funny thing is, after I reported the problem in here, it seemed that more GAFfers decided to chat with me just when I was playing this game
you were doing this on purpose don't you, huh? HUH? ;)

Overall I had great fun with the game and I finished clocking around 22 hours. If you like similar games, I truly recommend GRID 2. I think there was some recent hints that 2014 may bring Dirt 4 so I can only hope they focus more on rally racing and less on those side activities.

The HUD looks that way because they applied Chromatic Aberration to it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I love playing Codemaster games with the HUDs turned off since they almost always let you. Grid 2 plays great and you usually don't need most of the information it provides. Even the track map is just a crutch.

Yeah it was weird, because it was the same day they lowered the base price from $59.99 to $29.99. So the daily deal was 50% off, but in reality it felt like 75% off.

At least, that's how I justified it to myself.

Yeah I remember that day, also I remember when Tony said that Kingdoms of Amalur would be on sale on Amazon (steam keys), but a few days later it was on Steam so I didn't hesitate in buying the complete pack on Steam, and I think that was the best decision I've ever made!

Heh, I've got to the point in XCOM EU when all I need to do is the very final mission and I'm done. Except I don't have the enthusiasm for it :/.

So instead I've fired up Papers, Please and already adore it for the wonderful opening :D. Just checked my settings so now I'm going in! Don't try and pull a fast one on me people! No mercy!!! *evil grin*

Oh and adding Prey earlier took me to 200 games! :eek: In six months or so that's pretty scary! :/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah I remember that day, also I remember when Tony said that Kingdoms of Amalur would be on sale on Amazon (steam keys), but a few days later it was on Steam so I didn't hesitate in buying the complete pack on Steam, and I think that was the best decision I've ever made!

The spirit of Tony has been dead ever since he failed to keep that promise.

Eanan

Wait? Prey is a rare steam game?

Local enough HMV has loads of PC games being stock cleared for €1 each, and there was loads of Prey copies in those boxes.

hmmmm

Ok, so as a new guy to this, i'm assuming these "rare" steam games people keep mentioning are games that have been pulled from the store? Since i've become super obsessed with the Trading Cards, are there any games pulled that had them

jshackles

Ok, so as a new guy to this, i'm assuming these "rare" steam games people keep mentioning are games that have been pulled from the store? Since i've become super obsessed with the Trading Cards, are there any games pulled that had them

As far as I know, the only trading cards you can no longer get belong to "No More Room In Hell". It's a free mod, but it used to drop trading cards. Then the loophole got fixed and they took away the ability for free mods to drop cards.

The_Monk

I love playing Codemaster games with the HUDs turned off since they almost always let you. Grid 2 plays great and you usually don't need most of the information it provides. Even the track map is just a crutch.

It's usually the best way to play a racing game. ;) I love to have a minimalist view while just driving my car.

Well I had a rubbish first day as a passport checker person :/. No heat or food for us tonight! I think it might be best if I try again another day when I'm less tired and a bit more compos mentis :).

Congrats on hitting the big 200, Woo! Though you're going to have to work harder if you want to catch up with Saoirse JaseC! ; )

:eek: No thanks! No offence to Jase but I'm stressed by my backlog enough as it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom