• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ869

For those looking Metal Gear Risign and not wanting to go for nuveem theres dlgamer.eu with code DLG-YAGFG-5% (found it by googling randomly for theyre vouchers) it was 15.94 euros what was just slightly cheaper than the price on steam yesterday, and 4.05 cheaper than the current. Key arrived almost instantly and worked fine.

Never have used them before but found them from enhanced steam.

Is here anybody that has his OS on a SSD and lots of games?

Is it possible to have the games installed on another HDD in the system and not where the os (and steam) is? If you run out of memory on that?

PriitV

Is it possible to have the games installed on another HDD in the system and not where the os (and steam) is? If you run out of memory on that?
There's a setting for that built in!
mUdoOL3.png

Turfster

Steam has support for putting libraries on other drives.
Preorders will still be downloaded to your Steam drive, as will quote a lot of Valve game data.

Dolor

I think this has been mentioned before, but The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is actually an incredible game.

It is an excellent isometric ARPG similar to Torchlight, but the visuals are really well done and beautiful. The polish is quite impressive for such a relatively obscure game. The combat is very satisfying (played as melee swords class).

I bought it after it released cards, and boy was it worth it. It's about 13 hours of gameplay that doesn't overstay its welcome. It has a really enjoyable tower defense style mini-game inside the core game that I wish they had a lot more of.

It's really a top-notch game, and it's almost criminal that it didn't get more attention last year. The good news is they are already working on a sequel, and from what they are saying, they are learning the right lessons as well (more of the good).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Can bit.trip runner 2 be played at 120fps?
I just booted it up for the first time since I've got this display and 60fps looks blurry as fuck. I can literally see the gold bars jerk across the screen, they look blurry and gross.

Backlogger

I purchased the complete pack on Steam on March 16, 2013 for $24.99. I believe that's the cheapest it's ever been, and I believe the regular version was $15 at the time.

#noregrets

Hmm, maybe I will hold out for the complete pack. If I buy the base game for 4 bucks I will probably never get a good deal on the DLC. I have massive DLC OCD. I must own it even if I have no intention of ever playing or using it.

Caerith

Whats that and what would it do? (You're not talking about a simple shortcut i assume?)

It's like a shortcut. You can move the files to a different drive but still have everything point to where they came from so Steam can still find them.

Just get Steam Mover, it handles everything cleanly.

Myshkin

There's a first time for everything.

Moving on, some keys I wanted to give away:

Thanks for Skyward Collapse!

In other news...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Myshkin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Earth 2140 (RTS) -- MB-BAE9432F7AFFF6B6 - Taken by tylergregg. 7 entrants total.
Ion Assault (arcade shooter) -- MB-6C849D8C18A50972 - Taken by Kirosia. 7 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-65BDF33CD9E80A66 - Taken by wetflame. 12 entrants total.

t1389397739z1.png

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Can bit.trip runner 2 be played at 120fps?
I just booted it up for the first time since I've got this display and 60fps looks blurry as fuck. I can literally see the gold bars jerk across the screen, they look blurry and gross.
Running lightboost on the desktop might help if the game is running in a window. It will eliminate most of the blur.

Sajjaja

I was watching The Soup the other day, and they were talking about Michael Bay's meltdown at that Samsung event and Joel McHale was all like, "Since when did Michael Bay care so much about a script? Hmm....He and I should host the VGAs next year. That's what we should do."

I laughed pretty hard.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can people stream it or there are all kinds of NDA?

Lots of NDAs. The game even overlays your email address on top of the game, in case you get any funny ideas.

I had a similar experience though - I played for a few hours and found it to be a very empty experience.
But that's really all I can say.

Oh shit, I forgot I can play the ESO beta. Just finished Alpha Protocol, let's check this out.

Edit: This thing is 20 gigs? Holy fuckballs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
War of human Tanks is out, but the groupees doujin bundle key isnt :/

nexen

You guys who aren't enjoying TESO - do you play any other MMOs? I'm curious to know how you think it rates against the likes of wow, tera, rift, tsw, swtor, and lotro.

Kuroyume

Banned
Just beat Portal 1... Gotta be honest, 3 hours is the sweet spot with that game. I had fun but if it went any longer I don't think I could have stomached it. Started to get tired of the levels looking mostly the same.

rtcn63

Oh shit, I forgot I can play the ESO beta. Just finished Alpha Protocol, let's check this out.

Edit: This thing is 20 gigs? Holy fuckballs.

That's why I passed on the beta when I was given a key awhile back. 20GB for like two days of gameplay was too much, considering my internet provider may have a softcap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom