• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Nah. From shouldn't develop Elder Scrolls, Bethesda should just get their fucking act together. A From Soft developed Elder scrolls is too different.

From Soft should develop Zelda >_>

Vecks

Just beat Portal 1... Gotta be honest, 3 hours is the sweet spot with that game. I had fun but if it went any longer I don't think I could have stomached it. Started to get tired of the levels looking mostly the same.

I felt the same way about 1. I liked Portal 2 a lot more.

That's why I passed on the beta when I was given a key awhile back. 20GB for like two days of gameplay was too much, considering my internet provider may have a softcap.

Mine does too, I hope it's late enough that it doesn't go crazy.

EDIT: Meh, I'll just leave the computer running at night and download it then, and play something that actually has controller support now.

That's why I passed on the beta when I was given a key awhile back. 20GB for like two days of gameplay was too much, considering my internet provider may have a softcap.

They should have at least a week per month instead of a couple days. For an MMO that is not enough bug testing, though I don't have the developing experience to know how much testing is needed for an MMO.

Jesus fucking CHRIST why has Valve still not got around to making it anything other than rage-inducing to try and move games from one hard drive to another?

Holy fucking shit is there seriously no way to do this other than downloading the whole goddamn game again? I installed the game on one hard drive, closed steam, deleted stuff off my other drive to make space, moved the game over, opened steam, deleted local files and chose to install the game on the other drive, clicked verify cache.

Does it work? Nope, just gonna download the whole thing again despite the fact all the fucking files are already where they should be.

What the actual fuck, valve. Come on.

Hawkie

They should have at least a week per month instead of a couple days. For an MMO that is not enough bug testing, though I don't have the developing experience to know how much testing is needed for an MMO.

As far as It's I'm aware it's only a stress test weekend.

Kiru

Just beat Portal 1... Gotta be honest, 3 hours is the sweet spot with that game. I had fun but if it went any longer I don't think I could have stomached it. Started to get tired of the levels looking mostly the same.

Played it for 13 hours just to get the gold challenges achievement. Damn hard.
I just love Portal lol.

Jesus fucking CHRIST why has Valve still not got around to making it anything other than rage-inducing to try and move games from one hard drive to another?

Holy fucking shit is there seriously no way to do this other than downloading the whole goddamn game again? I installed the game on one hard drive, closed steam, deleted stuff off my other drive to make space, moved the game over, opened steam, deleted local files and chose to install the game on the other drive, clicked verify cache.

Does it work? Nope, just gonna download the whole thing again despite the fact all the fucking files are already where they should be.

Steam Mover: http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover
SteamTool Library Manager: http://www.stefanjones.ca/steam/

???

Sendou

Nah. From shouldn't develop Elder Scrolls, Bethesda should just get their fucking act together. A From Soft developed Elder scrolls is too different.

I was agreeing with this post so hard until that last sentence happened. From should just do their own thing. They don't need a big IP to make great games.

fantomena

Thanks to Grief I have finally managed to have no space between games in grid view. So now Im using my time to change to some custom images for some games with a shitty stnadard grid view image.

Thanks, Grief! The spacing have alwayd been my biggest problem with grid view, and thanks to you, that problem have been solved. :)

No. And I don't know why people keep saying this. Nothing indicates that From knows how to make good puzzles.

They're a much better fit for Metroid. Dark Souls proved that.

Grief.exe

Hahaha. I take it your enjoying Rising then? Then again Obsidian = Story & Platinum = Gameplay has been a sentiment around here since the beginning of time.

Yes I am thoroughly enjoying the game.

Obsidian for Story and RPG mechanics + Platinum gameplay just seems like too good of a match.

Thanks to Grief I have finally managed to have no space between games in grid view. So now Im using my time to change to some custom images for some games with a shitty stnadard grid view image.

Thanks, Grief! The spacing have alwayd been my biggest problem with grid view, and thanks to you, that problem have been solved. :)

No problem, here is the custom image I'm currently using for Rising.

Jmflvp0.png

Sajjaja

I was agreeing with this post so hard until that last sentence happened. From should just do their own thing. They don't need a big IP to make great games.

Wasn't saying they need a big a IP, just I'm tired of the formula that Zelda has fallen into and Souls style combat and bosses would be so well imo.

No. And I don't know why people keep saying this. Nothing indicates that From knows how to make good puzzles.

They're a much better fit for Metroid. Dark Souls proved that.

Didn't really think about the puzzle aspect of it as much as the combat aspect.

Hawkie

The Banner Saga Preorder includes the "Insane Viking" pack.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Banner Saga -- MB-E1F10BD94DD9117D - Taken by jshackles. 26 entrants total.

t1389390719z1.png

Sendou

Wasn't saying they need a big a IP, just I'm tired of the formula that Zelda has fallen into and Souls style combat and bosses would be so well imo.

Yeah something like Skyward Sword just wasn't that good of a game anymore. Did you try A Link Between Worlds? I found that really refreshing. A really good game. If they can follow that formula with their Wii U Zelda I think it's all good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah something like Skyward Sword just wasn't that good of a game anymore. Did you try A Link Between Worlds? I found that really refreshing. A really good game. If they can follow that formula with their Wii U Zelda I think it's all good.

I loved SS and found it incredibly refreshing. I'm looking froward to ALBW.

rtcn63

I would've maybe finished SS by now if I could play it sans motion controls. Same with the DS Zelda's. I went back and played Ocarina of Time just to verify that. ALBW was legit though, my favorite Zelda on any console since Minish Cap. It did play it safe, no really new items or concepts, just derivatives of previous ones. And there's a lack of charm compared to ALTTP, specifically with the NPCs. There's no "bring this brother to the other one to upgrade your sword" or "dig for the flute owned by that tree kid to get fast travel", etc. ALBW was less memorable for it.

oipic

Not sure what's going wrong for you there, Socks, sorry to hear that.

I'm currently consolidating my Steam library onto a single drive after installing a larger disk, and the following is working just fine for me, without any downloads being required:

1) cut/paste game folder from existing Steam library location to the new location

2) right-click and 'Delete Local Content' from within the Steam client (it will of course not delete anything - it has already been moved)

3) Install, and choose the new library location as the install path - it then 'discovers' the existing content, has a think about it for a moment, then 'installs' without any downloading whatsoever

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE.

SOO pumped for this one. Love the art style and the gameplay looks great. Thanks Hawkie!!!!

oipic

<insert splendiferous Banner Saga giveaway here>

Nice one, Hawkie - I'm shattered that I missed it (too busy typing that other wordy post!), but I'm always happy to see jshack's name pop up as the winner for these - this man deserves all the good things.

Let us know what you think of it, shackman. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom