• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

So you don't want Zelda. Okay then.

Zelda's puzzles were never particularly difficult. I don't see why any developer couldn't do the same.

Yeah something like Skyward Sword just wasn't that good of a game anymore. Did you try A Link Between Worlds? I found that really refreshing. A really good game. If they can follow that formula with their Wii U Zelda I think it's all good.

No, I don't have a 3DS though I've been tempted many times. New puter first and foremost :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nice one, Hawkie - I'm shattered that I missed it (too busy typing that other wordy post!), but I'm always happy to see jshack's name pop up as the winner for these - this man deserves all the good things.

Let us know what you think of it, shackman. :)

Will do! I just finished Fire Emblem on the 3DS and have been looking around for a suitable fantasy tactics replacement.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
missed a Banner Saga giveaway? Damn you Marvel Heroes, stop consuming my life!

When I see 3 people on my friends list playing MGR and I'm broke...

losing-it.gif

Levyne

Banned
When I see 3 people on my friends list playing MGR and I'm broke...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/losing-it.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Only 3?
(dragonlife posted this earlier. )
[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66809749/Stuff/MGRlist.png

I don't mean to tempt. Okay maybe I do

Grief.exe

No problem, here is the custom image I'm currently using for Rising.

Jmflvp0.png
Textless is pretty but im scared to start changing, my ocd will most likely kick in and i will have to change for every game.

I think it looks fine when combined with games that have logos, depends on how strong your OCD is lol

OHBtTGA.jpg

Also, Imgur really compresses things when I upload there. I notice it just looking at the picture, but when comparing to the original picture on my desktop its very obvious.
I just like using it because its so quick and I don't clutter my minus account.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
On the topic of The Banner Saga, there's a Deluxe Edition that activates on Steam available on Gamefly. It seems to include the full soundtrack while the Steam version doesn't? I don't know, can't check the database; maybe someone who can can clear it up?

It's also $19.19 with code GFDJAN20/GFDJAN20UK, cheaper than the non-deluxe version on Steam. Also of note: on the community hub the developers seem to imply the pre-order DLC will not be available once the game is released.

graywolf323

On the topic of The Banner Saga, there's a Deluxe Edition that activates on Steam available on Gamefly. It seems to include the full soundtrack while the Steam version doesn't? I don't know, can't check the database; maybe someone who can can clear it up?

It's also $19.19 with code GFDJAN20/GFDJAN20UK, cheaper than the non-deluxe version on Steam. Also of note: on the community hub the developers seem to imply the pre-order DLC will not be available once the game is released.

well crap I better buy it then

gried, haven't you finished Brothers, Metro, Shadow Warrior and Gunslinger yet?

I have yet to install those!

Yesterday I finished Burial at the Sea, and I'm going through Deadpool, Dragon Age Origins (slowpoke I know), Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja and RE Revelations.

Closing in on finishing up Steamworld Dig, but now I want to savor it a little. I guess you could say it found a place in my heart... and dug right in.

YEEEAAAHHHHH!

Seriously, play that game, guys.

Tizoc

...You know that reaction when you find out that a game you have Steam, you already owned it from a non-Steam site like GMG or Dotemu? I just got that reaction.

In the steam version says that it contains 3 tracks, while in the Gamefly steam version contains the official soundtrack but it doesn't say that it's the full ost... but I don't know!

fantomena

Metro: LL is maybe coming for PS Plus EU member sin february.

I don't think I can play it since it won't have those wonderful graphics the PC version has. Nor is it 60 FPS and 1080p.

Divius

I'm just enjoying the hell out of Shadow Warrior currently. Slicing up demons, listening to Wang crack jokes, beating awesome bossfights. I'm nearing the end now, and the bigger battles/challenges feel bland; they just keep throwing enemies at me without it being refreshing at all. But it just feels so good that I do not really mind; I rarely use anything other than my trusty blade.

fNE0OGH.gif

Lain

I didn't have much time to check the thread today, but I just saw that War of the Human Tanks got released on Steam, so it's finally time to stalk GMG and Groupees for my steam keys!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
In the steam version says that it contains 3 tracks, while in the Gamefly steam version contains the official soundtrack but it doesn't say that it's the full ost... but I don't know!

Pretty sure the pre-order grants three exclusive music tracks (extra ones). So both pre-orders would come with that, but only the deluxe would also include the base soundtrack. It is a bit confusing.

I think it looks fine when combined with games that have logos, depends on how strong your OCD is lol

.[/QUOTE]

Love the tight grid look. Not huge fan of icons without the title though, just looks out of place IMO.

You picked a good image though

[quote="Gravelord_Nito, post: 96648158"]Well I have started to idle games for cards... What am I getting into...[/QUOTE]

free money

Tellaerin

I'm just enjoying the hell out of Shadow Warrior currently. Slicing up demons, listening to Wang crack jokes, beating awesome bossfights. I'm nearing the end now, and the bigger battles/challenges feel bland; they just keep throwing enemies at me without it being refreshing at all. But it just feels so good that I do not really mind; I rarely use anything other than my trusty blade.

fNE0OGH.gif

*internet brofist*

Shadow Warrior was my top pick in the 2013 Steam GOTY voting. I have no regrets.

Pretty sure the pre-order grants three exclusive music tracks (extra ones). So both pre-orders would come with that, but only the deluxe would also include the base soundtrack. It is a bit confusing.

You may be right, there's no Deluxe Edition on Steam, maybe a Gamfly exclusive? I don't know, but the full ost could be a bonus only for Gamefly!

fNE0OGH.gif

this game has rocketed up my wishlist. The trailer is so sick

fNE0OGH.gif

Unbelievably enjoyable game. I'm so glad it turned out so good, hoping for a sequel.

cicero

The Banner Saga Preorder includes the "Insane Viking" pack.

aww. I got sucked into FTL again and missed out on giveaway greatness. Computer crashed and took out my save containing my precious Rock ship and crew right as we were nearing the Last Stand too. This is one lethal random event I would have like to have avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom