• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've just sent the latest Enhanced Steam for Firefox to Mozilla for review. The version jumped quite a bit to version 5.6 so as to keep the versioning in line between Firefox and Chrome. While this doesn't include absolutely everything that is included in the Chrome version, it's getting closer.

If you'd like to check it out before the review process is complete, you can download it here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

Considering how long their review process has been, I'm considering adding an SSL certificate to my site to enable automatic updates for Firefox users that install from there directly. Would there be any interest in this?

HoosTrax

Metal Gear Rising is so good. 12.6h played and I don't see myself stopping.
I hope it does well enough that they consider sprucing up the PC versions of the first couple MGS games and porting the later ones. It'd be silly to buy a last gen console just so I can play MGS4.

Caerith

Well if you post about those gifts doesn't that defeat the very purpose in the first place?
The point of the challenge, I think, is to curb any potential e-whatever-waving.

Besides, what's the point of bragging about how many games one has when most of them were free?

I hope it does well enough that they consider sprucing up the PC versions of the first couple MGS games and porting the later ones. It'd be silly to buy a last gen console just so I can play MGS4.

Well, you would also be buying a last-gen console to play Demon's Souls and Disgaea 4.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well if you post about those gifts doesn't that defeat the very purpose in the first place?

The_Monk said:
If you want to give away something, you just give. Simple. Do you have any idea how much I've given just by helping others in here, with some positive words? I've also sent many, many gifts like games on Steam, using PM's and nobody -aside from the winner- never knew. You know what? Because that's kindness. Pure and simple. You don't need for people to see your kind acts for you to be kind. You either are something or not.

The_Monk said:
It's not the first time I decided to spend my own time by helping someone and it is known that the same was done for me when I was the one needing strength. I like to give what I can, via Modbot, PM's, Steam-chat or in a MS Paint Draw (hehehe). I also have given quite some games that I don't even have myself but it was the right thing to do.

I don't know, does it?

dinopoke

Considering how long their review process has been, I'm considering adding an SSL certificate to my site to enable automatic updates for Firefox users that install from there directly. Would there be any interest in this?

If it isn't a hassle, that would be great. I'm pretty happy with the current version I have for Firefox but having some of the more recent features would be fantastic. Not too keen on jumping over to Chrome as I rely too much on my Firefox extensions.

I don't really see why the HD collection isn't on PC. Maybe one day.

Well, you would also be buying a last-gen console to play Demon's Souls and Disgaea 4.

Disgaea 4 is coming to Vita. Not that I'd play it though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If it isn't a hassle, that would be great. I'm pretty happy with the current version I have for Firefox but having some of the more recent features would be fantastic. Not too keen on jumping over to Chrome as I rely too much on my Firefox extensions.

It's not so much of a hassle, but it is an extra cost. I currently pay about $60 a month in bandwidth for the Enhanced Steam server. Adding an SSL cert would have a fixed yearly cost but would probably work out to about $5 a month.

I hope mgr does well so capcom maybe thinks about porting dragon's dogma

They should already be porting Dark Arisen. I got it for free on PS+ and saw so many complaints about the framerate that I just deleted it. I really want to give it a try since it's from DMC4 team, but if the framerate is *that* janky, no thanks.

Futhermore, MGR doing well should hopefully convince P*, Sega, and Konami that more games need ports.

Then I can revel in the awesomeness of Vanquish, Bayonetta, Hard Corps Uprising, MGSV, etc. all on PC.

Dr Dogg

I've just sent the latest Enhanced Steam for Firefox to Mozilla for review. The version jumped quite a bit to version 5.6 so as to keep the versioning in line between Firefox and Chrome. While this doesn't include absolutely everything that is included in the Chrome version, it's getting closer.

If you'd like to check it out before the review process is complete, you can download it here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

Firefox has been slow as a pig for me since 25, 26 is even worse so I've flipped back to Chrome for the time being. Plus I do like the fact that on a clean install after logging in to Chrome Enhanced Steam gets added no fuss. Wouldn't getting a SSL certificate set you back a fair bit?

Metal Gear Rising is so good. 12.6h played and I don't see myself stopping.

12.6hrs? Have you finished it yet or are you taking in the scenery?

I don't know, does it?

holeup.png

I don't gift stuff but everybody is free to challenge me to a fight to the death for all of my belongings.

12.6hrs? Have you finished it yet or are you taking in the scenery?

Finished on Normal, replayed a few levels for stuff I missed and now on a Hard playthrough.

needtoseetherecipts.gif

Seriously, I have to imagine this game is making bank. It's been top 3 for a few weeks now on Steam, despite being sold through multiple outlets.

Can only mean good things, right?

"Don't stop...believing...."

zkylon

zkylewd
They should already be porting Dark Arisen. I got it for free on PS+ and saw so many complaints about the framerate that I just deleted it. I really want to give it a try since it's from DMC4 team, but if the framerate is *that* janky, no thanks.

Futhermore, MGR doing well should hopefully convince P*, Sega, and Konami that more games need ports.

Then I can revel in the awesomeness of Vanquish, Bayonetta, Hard Corps Uprising, MGSV, etc. all on PC.
yeah that's all nice but I'd rather they started with the games I haven't played yet :3

needtoseetherecipts.gif

Seriously, I have to imagine this game is making bank. It's been top 3 for a few weeks now on Steam, despite being sold through multiple outlets.

Can only mean good things, right?

"Don't stop...believing...."
I dunno, steam these days feels like it's a million people buying dayz, then 12 dudes buy the second game, 8 dudes the third game, then a lot of 5s and 3s.

mrgone

Capcom's already got a ton of good console ports that have done well for them. They're just not porting Dragons Dogma because they're stupid ding dongs and their faces are butts which is why their breath smells like farts all the time. Smelly dumb jerks.

zkylon

zkylewd
Capcom's already got a ton of good console ports that have done well for them. They're just not porting Dragons Dogma because they're stupid ding dongs and their faces are butts which is why their breath smells like farts all the time. Smelly dumb jerks.

I know

I just don't want to believe it

It's sad because it's one of the best games they have made in a while. Instead we get Lost Planet 3 by the developers of Legendary which _nobody_ wanted.

Similarly, we're also getting Ninja Gaiden Z by the same fellas.

Grief.exe

So I overclocked my monitor to 75 Hz, the extra 20% frames felt like a big difference.

I noticed it felt smoother and there was less of a blurring effect, though some of that may have been the lack of Triple Buffered v-sync.

Wish Rising would go above 60 frames.

the dmc dev team should get their ass to platinum so we can forget about capcom

Ninja Theory?

Ninja Gaiden Yaiba is being developed by Spark Unlimited? Oh. Guess I'll rubberneck at the train wreck for 10$. Kinda what I'm doing with Lost Planet 3.

jshackles

JakeD

anybody else getting the "disk busy" thing when attempting to download the latest 15mb payday 2 patch?

i had no idea it was payday 2 related until i googled "steam download disk busy" and it took me to a reddit post from yesterday where it was confirmed to be payday 2 only.

all my other steam downloads are working fine. also seems to be making my hard drive work overtime

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
anybody else getting the "disk busy" thing when attempting to download the latest 15mb payday 2 patch?

i had no idea it was payday 2 related until i googled "steam download disk busy" and it took me to a reddit post from yesterday where it was confirmed to be payday 2 only.

all my other downloads are working fine. also seems to be making my hard drive work overtime

Payday 2's patch system is the absolute worst piece of shit ever. Don't know about the error itself since I uninstalled a while ago but it bears repeating.

all my other steam downloads are working fine. also seems to be making my hard drive work overtime

It has something to do with the way Payday 2 updates it's files, can't remember the specifics but it happens to everyone, including me, nothing to worry about.

fernandes

I think it took the whole thing 30 mins to install that tiny patch. It's ridiculous.

Anyone knows if the MGR download bug is fixed?

I had 15GB downloaded, watched the new DBZ-movie and it reset itself...

Yeah it was fixed but if you have downloaded the game completely it will just download the patch, but if you haven't it will reset and redownload the latest version of the game (with the patch integrated).

Nabs

I'm having too much fun playing on a Viking team in Chivalry DW. You can Captain America your shield and yolo it with two swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom