• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
human-tank-2-540x309.png

I've watched all of the trailers for this and I'm confused as all hell.

What is this game? why is this game?

Im kind of interested.

Any impressions? can anybody tell me exactly what it is?

jediyoshi

anybody else getting the "disk busy" thing when attempting to download the latest 15mb payday 2 patch?

i had no idea it was payday 2 related until i googled "steam download disk busy" and it took me to a reddit post from yesterday where it was confirmed to be payday 2 only.

What does confirmed even mean? :p It usually applies to any game that has a shitty implementation of delta patching

Hakkuei

Can someone tell me how many secret logs I should have found at this point in the game?

So far I've found the first 5, the last one being this one (map view). I'm not sure but I feel like I missed a couple.

Edit: Scratch that, I just found #8. So yeah I missed 2 of them, this is gonna be fun.

joe2187

Banned
You and me both. The trailer just left me completely baffled as to what the actual game is like.

I got the feeling its something like an tile based moe advance wars type strategy game? which seems pretty interesting, but the other trailers made it seem like a visual novel with rap music from jet set radio.

wilflare

hmm guess we need to just wait for the War of Human Tanks Steam Keys?
went to check my desura, groupees pages, not out yet.

(man.. when all the games are slowly greenlit.. it's all worth it in the end)

denx

Ok, this is unfortunate. My laptop's performance took a nosedive. It wasn't the best before, but now it's just ridiculous. My laptop is just sluggish as all hell, it takes a long time to do most tasks, even simple ones as opening windows in explorer, and it often momentarily freezes while doing so. It sometimes even affects mouse cursor movement, like, the movement of the cursor sometimes legit feels like a slideshow.

I scanned for malware and defragged the hard drive and registry, and while that seemed to help somewhat, it's just not enough.

I'm guessing this recent system sluggishness is what's causing the random crashes on Fall of Cybertron.

Looks like it's time to format this thing. Fun times. :/

Lain

human-tank-2-540x309.png

I've watched all of the trailers for this and I'm confused as all hell.

What is this game? why is this game?

Im kind of interested.

Any impressions? can anybody tell me exactly what it is?

I liked what I've played. You get a bit of a VN exposition with strategic battles.
You position your units and then you have to find the enemy units and destroy them before they do the same to you.
You don't know exactly where the enemy units are positioned, so you have to plan where to attack, where to scan, when to move an unit etc.

mrgone

It's sad because it's one of the best games they have made in a while. Instead we get Lost Planet 3 by the developers of Legendary which _nobody_ wanted.

Similarly, we're also getting Ninja Gaiden Z by the same fellas.

Well, hopefully Z mode isn't a complete waste of time, if that's what we're getting from Tecmo Koei. Spark Unlimited's track record, though. Jesus. Doubtful that they're going to pull a Double Helix with the Ninja Gaiden franshise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ok, this is unfortunate. My laptop's performance took a nosedive. It wasn't the best before, but now it's just ridiculous. My laptop is just sluggish as all hell, it takes a long time to do most tasks, even simple ones as opening windows in explorer, and it often momentarily freezes while doing so. It sometimes even affects mouse cursor movement, like, the movement of the cursor sometimes legit feels like a slideshow.

I scanned for malware and defragged the hard drive and registry, and while that seemed to help somewhat, it's just not enough.

I'm guessing this recent system sluggishness is what's causing the random crashes on Fall of Cybertron.

Looks like it's time to format this thing. Fun times. :/

When you're reinstalling Windows, make a partition for it if it doesn't already have its own drive, then when you've got everything sorted (drivers, software and whatever else) you can make a backup image of the drive to use in the future -- it'll save a ton of time.

Turfster

Ok, this is unfortunate. My laptop's performance took a nosedive. It wasn't the best before, but now it's just ridiculous.
This is an edge case I ran into with mine once, and the chance this is what is happening is small, but icheck if your drive is still seated correctly (and if it uses one of those godawful little clear plastic angled connector angles, check if that's seated on both ends).

Otherwise, it might be general drive weariness, for example.

denx

When you're reinstalling Windows, make a partition for it if it doesn't already have its own drive, then when you've got everything sorted (drivers, software and whatever else) you can make a backup image of the drive to use in the future -- it'll save a ton of time.

Thanks for the advice. :) But actually the only stuff I need a backup of is the Documents folder, which shouldn't be that time consuming since it's actually rather light: I already have backups on my external HDD of most music and movies there, so it's just a matter of making backups of pdf documents and such. Games I can redownload, since I don't have that many installed.

This is an edge case I ran into with mine once, and the chance this is what is happening is small, but icheck if your drive is still seated correctly (and if it uses one of those godawful little clear plastic angled connector angles, check if that's seated on both ends).

Otherwise, it might be general drive weariness, for example.

Last time I checked everything looked fine, but may be worth taking a look again, thanks.

Tellaerin

Last time I checked everything looked fine, but may be worth taking a look again, thanks.

Before you reformat, you might also want to take a look at the running processes in task manager and try to get an idea what's going on in the background. Nowadays practically everything you install automatically runs at startup and sits there in the background using memory and CPU cycles, even applications you only use once in a blue moon. Eventually that can end up negatively impacting performance.

graywolf323

Let's everyone post about all the times we've given gifts to fellow gaffers out of the kindness of our hearts, not wanting any recognition.

fineeeee :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spec Ops The Line -- MB-E260012D1F34F0E9 - Taken by Man Puncher. 5 entrants total.

t1389412814z1.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Anybody looking to grab EYE? Going to do a 4 pack soon. It sounds too god damned ridiculous to pass up for under two bucks.

Turfster

I'm willing to put up with a lot of bad execution for high ambitions. I'm much more impressed with that, and generally disappointed when it's the other way around.

Just be prepared for, in a game that tries to include stealth elements, the fact that every single enemy in the whole level will be alerted and descend on you once you hit someone.

cicero

A generous friend gifted me PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition DX+ this Christmas and I finally got around to trying it. 2 hours later and it felt like 20 minutes. Loads of fun. I didn't expect it to be so fun, and that isn't just nostalgia talking either.

JaseC

hannagood.gif

A generous friend gifted me PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition DX+ this Christmas and I finally got around to trying it. 2 hours later and it felt like 20 minutes. Loads of fun. I didn't expect it to be so fun, and that isn't just nostalgia talking either.

I've been meaning to try the recent Pac-Man game that Amazon accidentally released at $9.99. I had no idea it was a third-person adventure game until I recently saw screenshots of it in my activity feed.

Edit: Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is the name.

Dipper145

Is e.y.e divine cybermancy any good? I see it has partial controller support, which I would be playing the game with. For 1.99 I'm sure I can't go too wrong but getting some opinions would be nice.

That game is pretty fun. Kinda wish there was more to it though. Needs more play areas.
I totally agree with that, a couple more areas to do heists on would be better. I don't have the DLC but I'm able to join peoples games who do which helps with having more stuff to do. I really like the leveling up and classes though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just be prepared for, in a game that tries to include stealth elements, the fact that every single enemy in the whole level will be alerted and descend on you once you hit someone.

Fair enough. But to be honest, once you say "be prepared for a game that tries to include stealth elements" I check out regardless of what follows. Still looks interesting enough for $1.50

JaseC

Freedom Fall keys have gone out for Indie Royale Sigma Bundle purchasers: you need to tie the bundle to your account by clicking the link on your collection page and then view your Desura collection from within the client to obtain your key (Desura icon -> History -> Gifts History -> "your collection" link -> Freedom Fall -> Keys -> Get Steam Key).

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is e.y.e divine cybermancy any good?

No, but I love it anyway.

It's a lot like games like Serious Sam or Hard Reset, with some weird janky RPG like elements bolted on. It's all in the service of mowing down waves of dudes and critters in absurdly large and weirdly designed levels.

Check out this RPS comment for a really good description of the game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, MGR is kicking my ass hard. I totally suck at it, I just died repeatedly at a miniboss in the 2nd mission. Looks like it's not for me, if I can't even beat the first levels, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom