• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

olivia-wilde-gq1.gif

Needs more tentacles.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
And the .gif keeps getting quoted. Looks like it's the right time to retire from the thread for a while. See you guys tomorrow or whenever!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
NO. NO MAN. DON'T RUIN IT. Plus it's disingenuous to Saoirsesauraus herself :p

She's perfect the way she is. ;)

Edit: Has Godus improved much at all since it hit Early Access? I loved Populous back in the day.

Edit edit:
The Lego Movie Videogame (Wikipedia) said:
For the first time in the series, environments are completely made out of Lego pieces.

Finally!

zkylon

zkylewd
shit getting weird

unfortunately my tv broke just at the end of the last of us so I'm stuck here watching you people defile all that's beautiful and kind and honest in the world

JaseC

Let the record reflect that it wasn't me who asked for the 'shopped gif! It's a lot less crude than I was expecting, though, haha.

shit getting weird

unfortunately my tv broke just at the end of the last of us so I'm stuck here watching you people defile all that's beautiful and kind and honest in the world

No HDMI input on your monitor? I didn't have an HDTV when I bought my PS3 so I had to make do with my 22" Dell. 720p blown up to 1680x1050 wasn't exactly sublime but it was preferable to 480i.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
to be fair it took me about 3 different openings of this thread to even notice what was done

I don't know what that says about me or the skill in crafting that gif

Khronico

That Saorsified gif is seriously making me uncomfortable.

I think we all need to take a break and move on.
I may or may not have been joking

zkylon

zkylewd
Let the record reflect that it wasn't me who asked for the 'shopped gif! It's a lot less crude than I was expecting, though, haha.
your posts saying no but your heart is asking for more

No HDMI input on your monitor? I didn't have an HDTV when I bought my PS3 so I had to make do with my 22" Dell. 720p blown up to 1680x1050 wasn't exactly sublime but it was preferable to 480i.
I'd love that but I play my ps3 on a shitty ass sdtv (hdtvs are expensive as fuck in argieland and I don't really watch tv) so I don't even have the hdmi cable :p

also my monitor is too heavy for the amount of tiredness in me right now lol

imma buy an actual hdtv (nothing huge, just a 24'') in a couple weeks after my credit card clears all my steam sale deficits heh

Gif removed
KuGsj.gif
the world wasn't quite ready for your art :p

JaseC

imma buy an actual hdtv (nothing huge, just a 24'') in a couple weeks after my credit card clears all my steam sale deficits heh

But think of all the games you could buy with that money during the next sale! ;)

Tenrius

I'd love that but I play my ps3 on a shitty ass sdtv (hdtvs are expensive as fuck in argieland and I don't really watch tv) so I don't even have the hdmi cable :p

also my monitor is too heavy for the amount of tiredness in me right now lol

How expensive are we talking about here? I bought a 32" Samsung HDTV just last week, it cost about $350 and I think goes for about the same price in the UK, but it's also cheaper in the US (judging by respective Amazon prices).

JaseC

lol I just realized I actually have a hdtv lying around somewhere already

dunno how I forgot about it

no hdmi cables in it tho so no use either

It's okay, I continually forget that I have an X360. :p I've been meaning to sell it for a few weeks now.

zkylon

zkylewd
How expensive are we talking about here? I bought a 32" Samsung HDTV just last week, it cost about $350 and I think goes for about the same price in the UK, but it's also cheaper in the US (judging by respective Amazon prices).
well a 32'' goes for 600-700 usd on argie-ebay

I don't really have much use or room for a big tv since I barely even touch my ps3 or watch much television

ebay those cables
it's 4 am, I don't think I'm gonna find out what's gonna happen to joel & ellie tonight :/

zkylon

zkylewd
also it just dawned on me that this is basically the walking dead game all over again

it's surprising how much I've liked it considering how I just hated twd's guts lol

too bad all the cool cutscenes are pre-rendered so when we end up emulating the ps3 in 5 years they'll look like shit

Tenrius

well a 32'' goes for 600-700 usd on argie-ebay

I don't really have much use or room for a big tv since I barely even touch my ps3 or watch much television

it's 4 am, I don't think I'm gonna find out what's gonna happen to joel & ellie tonight :/

Woah, that's just way too much. Especially if those TVs are used.

You guys are making things creepy.

No, the things are already creepy and have been creepy for a while now, what with all the otherworldly Scorcese Romulan avatars and stuff.

JaseC

Freedom Fall from IndieRoyale's Sigma bundle has now steam keys available. You'll get the key from Desura
http://www.desura.com/collection

Because you're not given a Desura key to use, though, you have to do things a little differently:

Freedom Fall keys have gone out for Indie Royale Sigma Bundle purchasers: you need to tie the bundle to your account by clicking the link on your collection page and then view your Desura collection from within the client to obtain your key (Desura icon -> History -> Gifts History -> "your collection" link -> Freedom Fall -> Keys -> Get Steam Key).

Deques

Because you're not given a Desura key to use, though, you have to do things a little differently:

I just did that method. still no key :/

For some reason, this bundle did not tie to my Desura account automatically. So I had to tie it manually

_hekk05

Banned
Got this from schuey7 before realising I already had it. He told me I could give it away myself. As punishment, I will not enter raffles for a week X.X

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

C&C RA3 Uprising -- MB-CEB4B53610B388F9 - Taken by NotSelf. 4 entrants total.
t1389435315z1.png

JaseC

Here's a Desura key that will generate a Steam key in the near future, once the Desura folks get around to adding them outside of Indie Royale's Sigma Bundle:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Freedom Fall -- MB-B15E3912B1A80B48 - Taken by didamangi

JaseC

Speaking of bundle keys, do we have any info about Gunman Clive? I don't find the key on http://www.thegreenlightbundle.com and I have not received any email about it.

Indie Royale keys (Debut Bundle #1) have been sent out (check your collection page) while Green Light Bundle keys are forthcoming; beril's sent them off so the ball's in Green Light's court.

Cheers JaseC, looks like a short and sweet game from the steam reviews.

No worries. :)

Cheddahz

Banned
My friend and I decided to start Chris' campaign in RE6 and yeah...I was able to down a whole bottle of vodka tonight

Thankfully, we're about done with the campaign (we're on Chapter 5)

jmizzal

Here's a Desura key that will generate a Steam key in the near future, once the Desura folks get around to adding them outside of Indie Royale's Sigma Bundle:

Is the Desura Steam keys tied to your account?

Like can I only use the steam key it gives me or can I give it away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom