• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Build my first gaming rig (waiting for maxwell)
2. Clear out my 3DS backload
3. Buy and complete Metroid Prime 2, 3, and Other M.
4. Max out 32 badges on Steam
5. Have self control and not buy a PS4 this year
1.Build a rig
2.Not buying a PS4
3.???
4.Profit

You really don't want to buy a PS4 when you are going to build a new rig, the exclusive lineups have been very weak so far.

Kanokare

Some of the deals on the Amazon sale aren't active yet. Some will go down tomorrow and others throughout the month is what I'm hearing.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Every copy of The Ship includes a gift copy.
(or it used to)
Still does. The Ship will give you two extra copies of The Ship to giveaway, and then to those two people you give it too will also get one gift copy of The Ship to giveaway.

Also, The Ship is fun with friends. But you need to join servers manually by IP now.

Turfster

Still does. The Ship will give you two extra copies of The Ship to giveaway, and then to those two people you give it too will also get one gift copy of The Ship to giveaway.

Also, The Ship is fun with friends. But you need to join servers manually by IP now.

The Ship seemed like a nice idea, but when I tried to play it with friends, the servers were full of people just running around not actually playing the game, so it was kinda DOA.

vesp

Kinda bummed I missed out on street fighter and saints row, shoulda pulled the trigger and ate ramen this week

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Speedrunners is currently the best game on Steam.

Looks like it, and it'll be one of the few games I'll get despite not being much of a multiplayer gamer.

That "Dundercup" game giveaway me sold on it.

Gamerloid

1.Build a rig
2.Not buying a PS4
3.???
4.Profit

You really don't want to buy a PS4 when you are going to build a new rig, the exclusive lineups have been very weak so far.

Yeah, you're right. I know I'd regret it. Still a bit caught up in the hype, but it'll go away. PC/3DS/Vita will be more than enough for me.

Only if her and I start dating. :p

TmbErJ6.gif

Dusk Golem

The Ship seemed like a nice idea, but when I tried to play it with friends, the servers were full of people just running around not actually playing the game, so it was kinda DOA.
A lot of servers these days will ban you if you kill too many people who aren't your target. I've played with friends seriously and I seriously, fun in both their methods. I think it's a lot more fun with mic chat though, I had a fun scenario with a friend last time I played where he was my target but I had been helping him with his last assassin, another friend, got him to think he was safe with me, told him there was a shotgun in a drawer, he went to get it and got confused why it wasn't there and asking if I accidentally took it, and while he messed with it I took out a mannequin arm and beat him to death. The reaction and aftermath was hilarious as I'd then tease him by trailing behind him from a distance and creeping him out and the like. A lot of other instances, like someone killing me by throwing a mallet at me while I tried to run from an enclosed bathroom space, to just awkward things like people hopping to shower right next to someone as they showered.

A lot of fun with friends, but less fun with randoms, I find. Mic-talk adds so much to the experience, and doing it with a group with A Skype call going is a lot of fun.

Turfster

A lot of fun with friends, but less fun with randoms, I find. Mic-talk adds so much to the experience, and doing it with a group with A Skype call going is a lot of fun.

Sadly, my friends don't want to play games I suggest any more after the Dino D-Day incident =p

KenOD

Has anyone ever had Steam randomly begin the uninstall process for a game before?

I click the button to pre-load Metal Gear Rising and the window for that popped up, but so did a box of

Steam - Uninistall
Uninstalling A Valley Without Wind 2...

It's been about seven minutes now and the box is still there, yellow lines just circling around. It's not a lack of memory, even with Metal Gear I have 80GB left on the hard drive and I know I didn't right click and press uninstall.
Any idea what caused it or what I should do about the the uninstall that doesn't seem to be going away?

Dusk Golem

Sadly, my friends don't want to play games I suggest any more after the Dino D-Day incident =p
I am happy my friends drudge with me through my multiplayer suggestions, we've playe some pretty bad multiplayer games, sometimes willingly knowing its bad (like Scourge Project 1 & 2 and Revelations 2012), but also some pretty fun games. Hope to do a lot more this year too!

I entered the "Please Don't Clog Up The Thread With Thank You Posts" one. So I shouldnt thank him in this thread.
Thanks for Rogue Legacy

her

He is a she and she took a walk on the generous side.

Check her tag :p.

If you'd like it, it's yours whenever Steam's back up.

Normally the terms "roguelike" and "metroidvania" getting applied to everything under the sun even in a joking context gets pretty old...but the "rougelike" twist for Papers, Please had me straight cackling. Bad puns are my kryptonite. I don't remember who came up with that (probably going to go look it up now) but I tip my hat to you.

seanspeed?

1. Build my first gaming rig (waiting for maxwell)
2. Clear out my 3DS backload
3. Buy and complete Metroid Prime 2, 3, and Other M.
4. Max out 32 badges on Steam
5. Have self control and not buy a PS4 this year

All fine resolutions except Other M.

Just seeing anything from that game e.g. the 3DS Metroid diorama, makes me >:|.

Turfster

What 23,7 GB? And I can't choose a different drive.

Preloads go in a separate directory, so yeah, they go in your main Steam folder.
I ran into this problem with... Bioshock Infinite, where I had to clear out enough space for it to fit... and then again when I picked up the season pass and it wanted another 10 gigs on that drive =p

Sajjaja

What's the verdict on Skulls of the Shogun? I heard good things.

EDIT: Also, I find that Wasteland 2s requirements seem a bit excess.

KenOD

Bother. The pre-load failed and now I can't reinstall A Valley Without Wind 2 due to some sort of issue involving corrupted files.

I guess I'll wait on both. Back to trying not to be killed by chickens.

VoidZero

Banned
Preloads go in a separate directory, so yeah, they go in your main Steam folder.
I ran into this problem with... Bioshock Infinite, where I had to clear out enough space for it to fit... and then again when I picked up the season pass and it wanted another 10 gigs on that drive =p

Yup, just found out and I'll probably wait until release and hope that the download is not slow.
Or I'll try setting a symbolic link for the preload data, that might work.

wilflare

When you select another location in addition to the current one, the next time you install a game it should give you an option on which to install to. As to setting a different permanent default location, not sure you can do that.

thanksI yeap i was referring to that! oh well. hope Steam fixes that the next time then :)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

Turfster

is there anyway to choose where it preloads the game to. lol

Nope. Preloads go into a separate dir in your main Steam folder.
And... I might be remembering this wrong, but I think they auto-decrypt to that drive too once they're unlocked. (I've only done the one preload almost a year ago, so I might be remembering it wrong)

FloatOn

What's the verdict on Skulls of the Shogun? I heard good things.

EDIT: Also, I find that Wasteland 2s requirements seem a bit excess.

Skulls of the Shogun is the closest thing we have to Disgaea. Really humorous campaign and hotseat, online and asynchronous multiplayer options.

Absolutely worth a purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom