• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
that nether feeling when you camp subway entrances for 7 hours

h9kRObA.gif

denx

Gonna join in singing the praises of Cook Serve Delicious. I just got my restaurant to 1 star and completed three extra events. The increased exposure is making things more hectic and stressful, but I'm loving it.

In short, THIS FUCKING GAME I CAN'T STOP

W1GVC.gif

Just curious what everybody's favorite game they bought off the sale,(assuming you even played your games) mine would have to be brothers so far, haven't dived into spelunky yet

So far Valdis Story, but I still need to play most of the games I bought in this sale. Other games that may take the title are Toki Tori 2+ or CSD.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Gonna join in singing the praises of Cook Serve Delicious. I just got my restaurant to 1 star and completed three extra events. The increased exposure is making things more hectic and stressful, but I'm loving it.

In short, THIS FUCKING GAME I CAN'T STOP

W1GVC.gif

It gets harder as you progress. I'm working my way to three stars. I just started playing around with the pizza and I hate it. Keeps screwing me up.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I keep trying to sit down and play games but it's so hot right now I can't even

Fuck you Australian weather
Tell me about it (Brazil here). If not for the air conditioner I don't know if my gaming desktop would be so collaborative, my entertainment center in the second floor is like an oven some days.

The devs were really atentious to the gane lore. Reading that some monsters appear to be pacific and only get aggressive upon you brings some interesting perspective.
That's very neat, I haven't unlocked a lot of Monster Logs yet but the pacific/aggressive thing was noticeable in the descriptions of the Lemurian and the Tiny Imp (in the latter the MC even feels guilty about killing them). I'm liking the game on all fronts and it's cool that there's an interesting well-developed lore to go with the awesome gameplay and visuals. Great surprise.

Baust

Any news on the Steam release of Ikaruga lately? I feel like it was due out months ago, but Treasure still hasn't even opened a pre-order page for it... :(

Is this Amazon $5 off thing up yet? I fail at navigating the Amazon website.

EDIT: Skipped over the un click-able link in the e-mail. Hm, hope those discounts aren't the final prices.

Weird. The snow globes had their expiration date set to like an hour after the end of the sale, and cards got delisted in masse from the market.

But I saw some snow globes on other user's inventory, that's weird, and this is what it says on the snow globe card

XCOM Snow Globe
This trading card has expired, and can no longer be used.
Tags: Common, Holiday Sale 2013, Trading Card, Not Tradable, Not Marketable

lowpoly

Neo Member
Picked up Hammerwatch and Sid Meier's Ace Patrol in the sale, loving both so far. Been running 3 player coop on Hammerwatch and it's all kinds of fun, lots of hidden stuff to find and the character progression is a nice touch. Good looking game too.

Ace Patrol is surprisingly fun, once you get past some really rough presentation there's actually a pretty awesome tactical game in there. Plus, WWI air combat is kinda great in general. The game definitely has a bit of that Civ crack going for it once you get a few hours in.

It gets harder as you progress. I'm working my way to three stars. I just started playing around with the pizza and I hate it. Keeps screwing me up.

Pizza's crazy. I'm trying to do the iron chef challenge with it and failing horribly. I stick to beer, coffee, fish, chicken, salad and chips. I'll swap steak and lasagna in, but pizzas, burgers and tacos; nope.

I know that was where it all got started, but I'm talking about the one good thing that came out of that mess—when someone realized that the "rougelike" spelling mistake/typo kinda works as a pun when it comes to Papers, Please. Still can't find the post...oh, well.

(And I appreciate you correcting people w/r/t my gender, but don't trouble yourself over it. It's not a big deal.)

Oh sorry, I missed that it was the rouge aspect you were interested in. Sorry, I can't remember who that was either :/.

Thanks, I know, I remember you saying :) but I only pointed it out as I thought the poster might like to know :). It wasn't meant obnoxiously so I hope they didn't take it like that.

denx

I don't find pizzas that difficult really. Pasta is way more difficult for me. And lasagna, because getting the three layers of the thing right is very time consuming.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Pizza's crazy. I'm trying to do the iron chef challenge with it and failing horribly. I stick to beer, coffee, fish, chicken, salad and chips. I'll swap steak and lasagna in, but pizzas, burgers and tacos; nope.

I have stuck with beer, soda, fish, chicken, salad and soup. With steak, lasagna and burgers being moved in and out. I don't mind the burgers, but I haven't unlocked all the upgrades yet. Soups upgrades are throwing wrenches into my perfect days. Especially during rush hour.

God I love this game.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I find there is now a void in my life without the "Steam" sales to look forward to everyday....

So I have a gift copy of Half Life 2 I was trying to give out via Modbot, but I sent a PM about three hours ago and never got anything back. Should I send it again?

Fox318

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spelunky -- MB-AFA55C65BBDAD550 - Taken by Fox318. 44 entrants total.
header.jpg

Brought to you in part by mannerbot! Also, seriously. This game. It's the only videogame.
Thanks alot :)

donny2112

So I have a gift copy of Half Life 2 I was trying to give out via Modbot, but I sent a PM about three hours ago and never got anything back. Should I send it again?

Yes. Double-check your format vs. the instructions, though. It's automated, so it has to have the right formatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom