• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Just bought the XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack on GMG, but in my DLC menu on Steam it lists two things. Does anyone know why?

Probably just something Valve decided to do for technical reasons when Elite Soldier Pack went from pre-purchase bonus to a DLC you can purchase. That pack was the one and only pre-purchase bonus and I seem to have both as well, having pre-ordered the game. They are effectively the same thing.

Grief.exe

So I won Alpha Protocol, but I see people saying they wanted the game to go to someone that hadn't played it. I did play it on PS3 3 years ago when it first came out, I just wanted to have it on Steam, since I'm focused more on PC gaming now. Not sure what I should do.

EDIT: Fuck, last post on the page, no one's going to read this.

I read it, keep it. Play it right now or in the immediate future.

How do I get a link to give away an item in my inventory?

Its in the modbot faq

Turfster

So I won Alpha Protocol, but I see people saying they wanted the game to go to someone that hadn't played it. I did play it on PS3 3 years ago when it first came out, I just wanted to have it on Steam, since I'm focused more on PC gaming now. Not sure what I should do.

Now you must play it for us and write a 40 page dissertation on it!
(If you're going to play it, keep it. If you're never going to play it and just want it in your list, maybe pass it along)

The_Monk

Any new year gaming resolution guys?

I hope I can keep on clearing my Backlog while having great fun. Posting some impressions after each completed game, helping some GAFfers in any way possible.

I want to venture myself in some different games this year. I'm hoping to get either Rust or DayZ this year since I'm getting really interested in this type of Multiplayer, I just don't know what's the best fit for me from these two so far.

I hope I can have Dark Souls II withing two weeks after the game is released (I ordered internationally so I'm already expecting delays unfortunately). Watching all the hype while waiting will be harsh.

I wish Wasteland 2 to be a great game with some decent length attached to it. After completing Shadowrun Returns I became a little worried since that game was way shorter than I expected.

I want Anno 1404 to get a decent sale in the future.

I hope that Gaming & Steam-GAF to be always something close to me and I hope we can cherish the Community we have. It's much more fun to play something when we can always politely discuss our different views from the games we play.

kulapik

Reminder before going to sleep:

So, I have 5 euros burning on my Steam Wallet, so I wondered I would do a giveaway. But because I don't know what to giveaway, I'll let you decide!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19C...xrLoldqfl-i4U/viewform#start=publishanalytics

Introduce there your GAF username and the game you would want. If I can get it cheaper than 5€, I'll make a giveaway for it. It doesn't have to be on the Steam Store, I can trade keys for it so from russian traders or thanks to other websites might be cheaper.

I'll let this form 24 hours so y'all can answer it, and I'll try to do reminders.

Natty1

It's up to you. If you enjoyed it, I've no problems with that. If you want to give it to someone else, feel free.

Eternia

Just curious what everybody's favorite game they bought off the sale,(assuming you even played your games) mine would have to be brothers so far, haven't dived into spelunky yet
Valdis Story, although I think I'm getting close to the end and thought the world would have been a bit larger than it is. Tremendous soundtrack and the action continues to be great as I've started to get used to all of its systems.

Momentary

Banned
Gunman Clive finally gets released after its developer tried so hard to get the game on and now I can't buy it on Steam because of some juvenile-minded idiots.

Edit: Well it's back up. And it also seems like the mobile app wasn't affected by it.

The_Monk

You should give it another try on PC if you feel it fellow GAFfer. Just yesterday I was saying to wooindeedhoo that he should play some more of it since he only had 0.6 hours on record. :p

From what I've seen it's not a game you should rush, but just have fun. It's true that the game is far from perfect and it may not click with everyone, however.

nai

Probably just something Valve decided to do for technical reasons when Elite Soldier Pack went from pre-purchase bonus to a DLC you can purchase. That pack was the one and only pre-purchase bonus and I seem to have both as well, having pre-ordered the game. They are effectively the same thing.

Oh I see. Well that makes sense.

Grief.exe

I want to venture myself in some different games this year. I'm hoping to get either Rust or DayZ this year since I'm getting really interested in this type of Multiplayer, I just don't know what's the best fit for me from these two so far.

Play the wait and see approach with both of these games Monk. They are both very early currently, especially DayZ.

I wish Wasteland 2 to be a great game with some decent length attached to it. After completing Shadowrun Returns I became a little worried since that game was way shorter than I expected.

I hope its not overly long, but I will be playing this release with you Monk.

Even though I don't know much about it, I will probably just pick it up to show Ubi I like DRM free.
Might motivate them to release Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, even though that PC port will take more to fix up.

Santini

Just bought the XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack on GMG, but in my DLC menu on Steam it lists two things. Does anyone know why?

K9MWGve.png

Before XCOM EU came out, pre-purchasers were given some extra cosmetic items for their soldiers (old school Guile hairstyle, IIRC, was one of them). 2K/Firaxis later added these to anyone who bought the Elite Soldier Pack, which is why you have 2 entries.

I hope I can keep on clearing my Backlog while having great fun. Posting some impressions after each completed game, helping some GAFfers in any way possible.

I hope I can have Dark Souls II withing two weeks after the game is released (I ordered internationally so I'm already expecting delays unfortunately). Watching all the hype while waiting will be harsh.

I hope that Gaming & Steam-GAF to be always something close to me and I hope we can cherish the Community we have. It's much more fun to play something when we can always politely discuss our different views from the games we play.
I say take DayZ, people like to DDoS Rust's severs for fun. Dark Souls 2 is probably going to be delayed for a month.

Finish bioshock infinite before 2015
Why didn't you play it?

eek5

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack -- MB-63C52D589F282245 - Taken by Atraveller

Hopefully someone wants this. Didn't realize I bought it when it first came out..

Turfster

Thanks again for the chocolates, honorless! Wait a minute, I feel funny...
Should have
gotten that dog
(LLTQ spoiler)

I hope Borthers(I bit the hype of the press, although I have not much expectation, I think it will be another good game that overrated, like Bastion)

Brothers is amazing and nothing like Bastion (which I didn't find all that amazing past the conceit of the narrator, which was a nice conceit, but the actual gameplay itself was rather humdrum)

Thanks for the replies and apologies for not reading the FAQ completely. Viola:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-9B1B83AE1A1BF88D - Taken by jmizzal. 5 entrants total.

t1388884435z1.png

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Thanks again for the chocolates, honorless! Wait a minute, I feel funny...
And thank you for Magical Drop V! I've been meaning to pick it up one of these days since I loved MD3 and haven't had a chance to play it in years.

(You're a pretty good guesser!)

oipic

A random thought with Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery set to resurface: I hope the timing of this, assuming it's soon, doesn't impact the (January-ish) release/sales of Banished too much - will appeal to similar audiences, and will probably both retail for $20 or so.

Would love to see Banished do well, being the one-man labour of love that it is.

Having said that, I'll be tempted to day-one both when they're available.

Turfster

A random thought with Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery set to resurface: I hope the timing of this, assuming it's soon, doesn't impact the (January-ish) release/sales of Banished too much

Banished seems a lot more contained and specific than Anno, giving it a more 'homely' feel.
I'll definitely be picking it up.

The_Monk

Play the wait and see approach with both of these games Monk. They are both very early currently, especially DayZ.

This is good advice, it also gives me time to get a decent/humble mic since I believe communication is very important in these games.

I hope its not overly long, but I will be playing this release with you Monk.

I would day that as long that it's longer then Shadowrun I'm fine with it. Took me only 15 hours to finish it and this was with some reloading due to a glitch in the game.

Even though I don't know much about it, I will probably just pick it up to show Ubi I like DRM free.
Might motivate them to release Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, even though that PC port will take more to fix up.

The game looks pretty and it was one of those games I got interested in the past only to see it was not available on Steam anymore.

Dark Souls 2 is probably going to be delayed for a month

This one is going to hard to wait.

Mairu

Just got home today and the sale thread is over and this thread is already 19 pages! :O

Do we know what the deals for the Amazon editors choice games will be? Are there any deals that are actually decent with the coupons?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Any new year gaming resolution guys?

- Finish Dark Souls. I never did that on PS3, but I will here. Enter more games than I did in Demon's Souls as an "invader", but be a helper who fights monsters in the game
-Not win Bad Rats in a roulette giveaway. Still not sure why I enter them.
-Convince Valve to create a system for anonymous gifts.
-Discover more games to play other than the way they were intended (like Dark Souls helpful invader). Fun going against the standard sometime.
- Get all the achievements in Super House Of Dead Ninjas. They are fun and challenge me.
- Craft Super House Of Dead Ninja badge in Steam at least one more time.
- Play one of the video games I've worked on. Not a large number and I don't feel comfortable saying what they are, just a matter of getting over associating work with what should be purely for fun.
- Get my daughter to play a game on her own. So far she just wants to watch me play and tell me what to do.
- Make better use of screen shots and video recording capabilities in game platforms today.
- Last a full minute in Super Hexagon's Hexagonest.
- Get SEGA to do ports of Xbox (original system) games onto Steam.
- Play Resident Evil: Outbreak online again.
- Be more helpful when it comes to recommending games or helping people find more fun in the games they get.
- Give back more to others.
- Try to do better at showing tips, tactics, and shortcuts in online multiplayer games like Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed and not make anyone feel like they didn't stand a chance.
- Be killed less by chickens in games.

Just got home today and the sale thread is over and this thread is already 19 pages! :O

Do we know what the deals for the Amazon editors choice games will be? Are there any deals that are actually decent with the coupons?
The current list is lackluster, and the prices are wrong.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hmmmm I won The Ship (Thanks Lonewolf_92!!!)but it shows up like I have an extra copy...
It was a two pack? >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom