• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

ok I know sometimes it takes a few mins but this has been about 2 hours

It can... take a few hours.
There's been a couple of times where the items I got on a search depended on what PC I did the search on for a loooong time.
It usually happens during sales, tho.

Volimar

The Banner Saga daily giveaway @30mins.

am5Pjkz.gif

Dr Dogg

Yeah, (perfect) parry timing isn't easy to get at first, especially with some of the attacks. If you get to Monsoon however, you better nail it.

You can get away with just regular parries (ie blocks) on Monsoon and not get spanked.
Sam
on the other hand if you haven't got perfect parries (ie counters) down by then you're dead.

Great thing about Rising is that every boss is a test of the game mechanics one by one, like how boss fights used to be. Considering the final boss requires you to be competent in all the mechanics, no wonder everyone flips out first time around (took me about 10 tries first time around).

zkylon

zkylewd
ok I know sometimes it takes a few mins but this has been about 2 hours

tried relogging yet?

that sometimes fixes market crap

and sometimes market is borked and doesn't work for hours and it's just a matter of waiting a bit more. so said the support guys at steam and it worked :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
tried relogging yet?

and sometimes market is borked and doesn't work for hours and it's just a matter of waiting a bit more. so said the support guys at steam and it worked :p

"These things... they break."

Divius

So after finishing Shadow Warrior the next game I'm gonna dive back into is Deadly Premonition, although I just can't really get into it. :/

Hawkie

The Banner Saga Preorder includes the "Insane Viking" pack.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Banner Saga -- MB-23C183C5F9DE7846 - Taken by Kuroyume. 56 entrants total.

t1389468887z1.png

I've recently decided to try Steam on Linux, and I'm pleasently surprised how neat it is. It's on par with the Windows version, and the games catalogue is quite good too.

Now, I really hope that SteamOS will bring even more games to the penguin.

Melted77

What is up with the Steam Market? TF2 keys are currently selling for around $2.57 while you can buy it from the actual store for $2.49. Totally don't get these market prices and people willing to pay them.

The_Monk

tried relogging yet?

Yep, I'm having similar issues. I believe it's just a matter of time before they fix it.

Also, thanks for the giveaway Hawkie, kind as always. ;)

In need of direction for my next game. I'm thinking of playing Blood Dragon for some big action.

But I've been putting off Alpha Protocol forever.

In need of direction for my next game. I'm thinking of playing Blood Dragon for some big action.

But I've been putting off Alpha Protocol forever.

Alpha Protocol is great but can be a bit buggy and frustrating at times. Especially if you end up with a build that isn't much help as you progress.

JakeD

apparently i'm not the only one having the problem with indieroyale.com and desura.com

saw somebody explain something about CDN some thingamabob

You can get away with just regular parries (ie blocks) on Monsoon and not get spanked.
Sam
on the other hand if you haven't got perfect parries (ie counters) down by then you're dead.

Great thing about Rising is that every boss is a test of the game mechanics one by one, like how boss fights used to be. Considering the final boss requires you to be competent in all the mechanics, no wonder everyone flips out first time around (took me about 10 tries first time around).

True. Worst thing is, apparently Hard difficulty cuts down the framewindow by half. All that practice for nothing ;_;

I didn't think the final boss was that hard tbh. I had way more trouble with Sam or the fucking GRAD and his litte EXPLODING FUELTANK friends.

Alpha Protocol is great but can be a bit buggy and frustrating at times. Especially if you end up with a build that isn't much help as you progress.

I've heard to go with pistols and hand-to-hand to keep it playable. I wanted to try for stealth as much as possible, I think.

Dr Dogg

Right quick Steam Guard question. Is there any way to deauthorise single computers/browsers now or is it still the old method of every one but the one you perform the action on?

Cheers in advance.

True. Worst thing is, apparently Hard difficulty cuts down the framewindow by half. All that practice for nothing ;_;

I didn't think the final boss was that hard tbh. I had way more trouble with Sam or the fucking GRAD and his litte EXPLODING FUELTANK friends.

I first played it on hard (and got my arse handed to me in the process) but found the window to parry-block really generous but to perfect parry it has to be the last second. Thankfully those Infinite Climax Bayonetta skills came in handy.

That GRAD fight is a right shit due to the enclosed space and the massive amount of objects that spaz the camera out.

Just finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. The feels.

That's going on my GOTY list. Dear god, getting it for less than €2 should be a crime.

The_Monk

last time I had this exact same problem it took like 6-8 hours.

it was during the steam sale so I figured the site was getting pretty hammered or something

Thanks for answering. Guess I'll wait then, no rush!

Just finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. The feels.

That's going on my GOTY list. Dear god, getting it for less than €2 should be a crime.

Glad you liked it Ninja and happy that you got a chance for playing it. I really liked it too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom