• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

Ahem... :D

i1FyTH0.jpg

20 keys

Nice i have it also..such a shame Activision removing so many games on steam.

Nice i have it also..such a shame Activision removing so many games on steam.

Yeah... There's only a few games that aren't on Steam that I want and all of them have outrageous prices. This was the only relatively affordable one left I wanted. Prey, Deadpool, Ghostbusters, Riddick, Second Sight and now Blur have all been gathered. I'm waiting for Wolfenstein (2009), Indigo Prophecy, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and the James Bond 007 games to go back on Steam or have some retailer have keys we can use to activate through Steam.

Unfortunately I don't know if they'll ever come back.

Exuro

I've finally started playing Bit.Trip Runner2 (of course bought just a couple of days before the HIB10) after melting down the first one last summer.
I was a bit scared at first with the change of graphic style, as I really dug the 8-bit, but after just a couple of minutes in I totally changed my mind, as this new style is perfect!
I'm liking it a lot, and with all the secret stuff scattered around (keys, chests, etc.) and the goddamn target for Perfect+, I think I've finally found the right challenger to kick CSD out of my most played ever. :D
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by this game. I personally hate the bullseye thing at the end though. I always manage to screw it up after several perfect runs on x hard level.

My Bday is on the 18th. *wink wink*

Awww sorry, I would consider it if I wasn't in save money mode right now. :p

Where? Or do you mean when it was on sale before ATVI delisted it? :(

Before.

Unfortunately I didn't start becoming a hardcore Steam collector until last year. I had about 50 or so games back at the start of 2012. Now I'm sitting at 650 or so. I only get games that I want or look good to me though (I went through the entire Steam catalog for games and DLC and wishlisted everything).

And I've played almost half so far. ;)

I've finally started playing Bit.Trip Runner2 (of course bought just a couple of days before the HIB10) after melting down the first one last summer.
I was a bit scared at first with the change of graphic style, as I really dug the 8-bit, but after just a couple of minutes in I totally changed my mind, as this new style is perfect!
I'm liking it a lot, and with all the secret stuff scattered around (keys, chests, etc.) and the goddamn target for Perfect+, I think I've finally found the right challenger to kick CSD out of my most played ever. :D

It looks even better when you force AA. I'm 2 levels from the final boss and I finally got SMAA going.

kulapik

I'm waiting to see if I win it on a giveaway. Watched videos for it and was scared when I saw the checkpoint, but then I saw you can jump it and I was happy again :D I still haven't finished the first one (X.11 levels are freaking hard, man), though. The bullseye thing is shit, though, the first one C64-like bonus levels were better.

Arthea

Help, anyone?

X-com is like FE? Not sure how to look at this. (><)

There is Agarest and one or two indie games that are kinda like that, not anywhere near FE goodness, but sill:
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Grotesque Tactics 2 &#8211; Dungeons and Donuts

Probably there are more that I'm forgetting.

You might wanna check King's Bounty series, these are not really like FE, but good strategy RPGs.

Ahem... :D
blur.pic

20 keys

aww, I want Blur too!
Not that I don't have what to play, just have soft spot for Blur.

not for that price, though

mannerbot

Just wanted to post here that if you're not sick and tired of GOTY voting, please come and participate in the Indie GOTY Voting. Voting and nominees are open till the 19th, support indies with your nominations

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734961
4hW7ix3.gif

It's the first time we're doing this, would be cool to have a nice initial turnout and make it annual IndieGaf thing

No, thanks. Indie games don't need a consolation prize, the great ones are good enough to compete with AAA titles.

wilflare

how are you guys getting your Steam keys for
Earth 2140
World War II: Panzer Claws

bought the Groupees bundle but the Steam key isn't showing :/

Wok

No, thanks. Indie games don't need a consolation prize, the great ones are good enough to compete with AAA titles.

I agree, even if I'm not against idea itself, mainly because "so many games!", my personal GOTY includes all games, indie or not.

The thing is people might miss out some great (yet unknown) indie games: there are indie games which are not on Steam, which are not even on Greenlight, and which are of high quality. This Indie thread is a way to let them emerge in the rankings, not at the same spot as The Swapper of course, but not really far behind in the ranking.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm still around though. Not gonna let my desktop snafu discourage me from posting in the steam threads.

It's cool. I have a non-Steam shortcut for Hatoful Boyfriend and Katawa Shuojo on my grid. If I had participated in that "Post a pic of your Steam grid" thread the other day, I would've been totally busted.

I played a bit of Hatoful for a thread I was doing on a different forum, where I used our moderator's name for the MC and write out a little story about him wanting to fuck birds. I quit a couple hours into it, as it was a chore to take the screenshots and the forum is kinda dead (a few of us migrated over here). Never started Katawa. I downloaded it for the novelty, but I don't really have any interest in it. Anime isn't really my thing.

IT IS UNOBTAINABLE AND THEREFORE WE MUST OBTAIN IT.
It's kind of amusing seeing these games that are bargain bin dwellers on consoles brought up to monolithic heights on Steam due to their delisted status. $50~ for Blur? $80~ for Wolfenstein? The only games I pay $80 for are arcade ports of fetishistic shmups that are poorly framed on the monitor that I refuse to TATE.

Still want that OutRun though.

Most of the QTE's are concentrated on the first two hours. There are more QTE's through the game but they are pretty spaced out, so it isn't really a problem. As for the game, yeah, approaching it as an action game with only some light puzzles and platforming elements is the right way to go. I liked TR 2013, but then again I don't like the older TR games so whatdoiknow.
Well that's good, never was a fan of the old Tomb Raiders so I don't have those experiences influencing my expectation. I'll just take it for what it is.

rtcn63

That's right. Hawkie might still have some copies left. Shoot him a PM.

I'm still around though. Not gonna let my desktop snafu discourage me from posting in the steam threads.

Yes, embrace your newfound place as a SteamGAF god. No publicity is bad publicity. Sometimes.

Turfster

It's kind of amusing seeing these games that are bargain bin dwellers on consoles brought up to monolithic heights on Steam due to their delisted status. $50~ for Blur? $80~ for Wolfenstein? The only games I pay $80 for are arcade ports of fetishistic shmups that are poorly framed on the monitor that I refuse to TATE.
Yeah, I don't get it myself.
I mean, there's a couple of pulled games I wouldn't mind doubling dipping on on Steam (like Prey), but I'm not going to pay a lot for them.

Yesssssss!! Just beat Risk of Rain for the first time
on easy
. Love this game, now I just need to get better at it, ha.

I just beat it for the first time on normal (never played easy or hard) so good. The engineer is great, all splash damage, really helps when things get crazy.

Thanks for the Dark Souls replies! I think I missed picking up the glove in the beginning. I guess I'll restart. I could keep going but I'd really like to light things on fire now.

Edit: JK I found it!

kulapik

I totally forgot of this, but activating Skyrim (finally ending exams, ready to feast through it :D) I saw it, so there it goes.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gunman Clive -- MB-44210353024F6789Claimed by ohblahitsme

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I just beat it for the first time on normal (never played easy or hard) so good. The engineer is great, all splash damage, really helps when things get crazy.
Yeah, I just beat it again on easy with the Engineer, going to start playing on normal now I've got the hang of things a bit more and have unlocked a few more characters and items. I somehow managed to permanently upgrade the engineer's missile attack at some point during my first full playthrough, not sure how but I'm not complaining!

AHA-Lambda

Just wanted to post here that if you're not sick and tired of GOTY voting, please come and participate in the Indie GOTY Voting. Voting and nominees are open till the 19th, support indies with your nominations

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734961
4hW7ix3.gif

It's the first time we're doing this, would be cool to have a nice initial turnout and make it annual IndieGaf thing

I would vote but 20 games necessary for voting? Nah.

20 keys? what? where? i wanna buy.

n/m, didn't update this steam thread. and 20 keys = tf2/dota 20 keys, ya, just realized.

I already had 12 just from normal TF2 play and collection them back when they were worth 2.33 refined. So I sold some stuff on the store and ended up only paying about $7.50 for the remaining three keys.

Colin.

Speaking of no longer on Steam. I was just thinking the other day that I wouldn't mind getting a cheap copy of Football Manager somewhere to try it. Since I put a lot of hours into various Championship Managers years ago. Found 2012 in Tesco for £1.25, should be worth a go at that price. I would have got more for you game hunting lot, but only one was there.

zkylon

zkylewd
holy shit that last of us ending (ended up moving tvs around lol)

amazing game, even if I felt the game part got in the way more than I would've liked (like it always happens for me with naughty dog's games).

good on mainstream gaming for making shit like this, very good

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
holy shit that last of us ending (ended up moving tvs around lol)

amazing game, even if I felt the game part got in the way more than I would've liked (like it always happens for me with naughty dog's games).

good on mainstream gaming for making shit like this, very good

I can't wait to get it on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom