• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam key for king's bounty warriors of the north is 75% off at bundlestars. ($7.50)

Just picked this bad boy up and I am expecting to sink 70+ hours into it if going by steam stats of legends and crossroads/armored princess which may or may not be accurate.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can't wait to get it on steam.

can't wait for ps3 emulators I guess

it's painful to think most people won't play the game

it's such a great fit for pc too

Steam key for king's bounty warriors of the north is 75% off at bundlestars. ($7.50)

Just picked this bad boy up and I am expecting to sink 70+ hours into it if going by steam stats of legends and crossroads/armored princess which may or may not be accurate.

dunno about that king's bounty in particular but the ones I've played take forever to beat

can't wait for ps3 emulators I guess

it's painful to think most people won't play the game

it's such a great fit for pc too

dunno about that king's bounty in particular but the ones I've played take forever to beat

I heard its possible, however remotely, that the PSnow or whatever the sony stream service will be available on PC. At least I think they'd be crazy to not do it. I won't be interested, but some might be.

Also, king's bounty I just love playing while watching tv so I don't care how long it takes to beat.

Volimar

holy shit that last of us ending (ended up moving tvs around lol)

amazing game, even if I felt the game part got in the way more than I would've liked (like it always happens for me with naughty dog's games).

good on mainstream gaming for making shit like this, very good

Yeah, great ending. I found myself liking Ellie pretty much from the start and it kept up all the way through.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm waiting for the GOTY edition with all the DLCs
what's the dlc include? all multiplayer stuff?

I'd love some story dlc

I heard its possible, however remotely, that the PSnow or whatever the sony stream service will be available on PC. At least I think they'd be crazy to not do it. I won't be interested, but some might be.
I'd love it, if the price is right

not a big fan of the ps3 library but there's certainly things I'm missing

Yeah, great ending. I found myself liking Ellie pretty much from the start and it kept up all the way through.
yup, both ellie and joel are just very attractive as characters, and even all the minor ones like david and tommy and tess are instant-winners.

the soundtrack is also amazing, us argies are pretty familiar with the trademark santaolalla sound but it's so fucking cool to hear it in a game. probably the soundtrack of the year for me.

speaking of which, did we have the soundtrack of the year thread yet? I probably missed it

Uga

X-com is like FE? Not sure how to look at this. (><)

There is Agarest and one or two indie games that are kinda like that, not anywhere near FE goodness, but sill:
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Grotesque Tactics 2 – Dungeons and Donuts

Probably there are more that I'm forgetting.

You might wanna check King's Bounty series, these are not really like FE, but good strategy RPGs.

Thanks!

Heya.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-6AACC50D2171EC5C - Taken by Vazduh. 47 entrants total.

t1389496607z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I have pid but I ain't playing it

too busy with ninja running and passport stamping

and crying over everything that happens in the last of us

kulapik

I have pid but I ain't playing it

too busy with ninja running and passport stamping

and crying over everything that happens in the last of us

I thought reading this "Man, I should play Mark of the Ninja" (I now you were probably talking about MGR, but that's what came to me). I went to install it, and I noticed I don't own it ;_; The inverse of what usually happens to a SteamGaffer.

EDIT: Nvm, I have it on Amazon but it's not activated.

EDIT 2: Noticed that I had a lot of games on Amazon not activated, activated Hotline Miami and got another Velocity Ultra coupon ;_;

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just finished To The Moon, it was quite neat. The "feels" reactions I saw beforehand actually made me expect something overly manipulative, but it had an interesting story. Great music too (I feel like I've been saying this about all the games I played recently. Not that I'm complaining, obviously!). Haven't played the bonus episode yet, will do so later.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished To The Moon, it was quite neat. The "feels" reactions I saw beforehand actually made me expect something overly manipulative, but it had an interesting story. Great music too (I feel like I've been saying this about all the games I played recently. Not that I'm complaining, obviously!). Haven't played the bonus episode yet, will do so later.
What bonus episode?

zkylon

zkylewd
I thought reading this "Man, I should play Mark of the Ninja" (I now you were probably talking about MGR, but that's what came to me). I went to install it, and I noticed I don't own it ;_; The inverse of what usually happens to a SteamGaffer.

EDIT: Nvm, I have it on Amazon but it's not activated.

EDIT 2: Noticed that I had a lot of games on Amazon not activated, activated Hotline Miami and got another Velocity Ultra coupon ;_;

motn's a pretty good game, go for it

to the moon's pretty great. I loved that it didn't feel too full of itself, it was funny at times, weird at others and generally moving and sweet, I loved it.

what's this bonus episode you're talking about tho

Battle300

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-295F2C4713720933 - Taken by bkw[/QUOTE]

NotSelf

It saddens me that there are 58 people on my friendlist that own Pid and haven't played it

go do that now, steamgaf

Currently playing it lovely game but the foggy atmosphere dose take some getting used to I guess it's all the spelunky I've been playing.

Copons

I'm waiting to see if I win it on a giveaway. Watched videos for it and was scared when I saw the checkpoint, but then I saw you can jump it and I was happy again :D I still haven't finished the first one (X.11 levels are freaking hard, man), though. The bullseye thing is shit, though, the first one C64-like bonus levels were better.

Ahah, yeah, I was disappointed too by the checkpoint until realizing it could be jumped, and now I'm using it just when I do lazy runs just to unlock stuff.

And btw, there are retro levels here too, but you have to unlock them finding a cartridge hidden in the level (and once unlocked you can play them whenever you want), instead of going with them only when perfecting a level.
Just, not every level has its retro level (IIRC there are 25 of them scattered around the normal levels), and they're not "oneshot" but you have 3 lives here.

Battle300

Rules for this Giveaway:

http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/a...er_292x136.jpg
Saints Row The Third -- MB-1A144DF1243F9DCA - Taken by OldAsUrSock

zkylon

zkylewd

Momentary

Banned
Man I can't wait for the Yuba pre order after playing MGR. I need another character action game. Yaiba's arsenal of moves look a lot cooler than Raiden's.

I really like Arkham Origins, perhaps enough to say it's my favourite game in the series, but damn is it kind of buggy. Lot's of crashes and weird progression stoppers that I don't remember hitting in Asylum or City. I'm on the Firefly bossfight or approaching it, I mean Firefly is hovering over an arena filled with goons. Only no one is fighting, no one can fight. Everyone is milling around the arena with their fists raised, everyone's spouting combat dialogue lines, I can activate detective vision but the face buttons on my controller are unresponsive, I can't throw a punch, no one can.

Man I can't wait for the Yuba pre order after playing MGR. I need another character action game. Yaiba's arsenal of moves look a lot cooler than Raiden's.

Platinum Games. An independent game developement studio comprised of Japanese game industry luminaries. The output of Platinum Games has been nothing but quality, just like their output at Clover Studios and Capcom before that.

Spark Unlimited. "Hey, we made Lost Planet 3, it was our first game that didn't totally suck."

Kovaelin

I finished Teslagrad. The last two bosses were really tough. Like... died and retried I-forgot-how-many-times tough. Lovely game, overall. Completionists won't like the unhelpful in-game map though.

Battle300

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/a...er_292x136.jpg http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/a...er_292x136.jpg http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/a...er_292x136.jpg http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/a...er_292x136.jpg
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-BDF250E9C245FE83 - Taken by jmizzal
Bastion -- MB-B0269848E4117173 - Taken by Kaper
Anomaly Korea -- MB-BF8AD556B5A91DB7 - Taken by bobnowhere
Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-DC1C93D73880E232 - Taken by BorntoPlay
LIMBO -- MB-8792F0CB6714DC19 - Taken by Volimar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom