• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible.
Also, there are shops that have shotguns.
They're usually in the mines, though.

A simple but reliable method I use to combat my first shopkeeper while only losing one heart is by standing right in front of him and whipping. With this positioning he'll get stunned by you, drop his shotgun, and give you just enough time to scurry, pick it up, and finish the deed.

ibdSTsNea8jE5y.gif

What Rickenslacker said. Here is a video of that exploit.

Gonna try that the next time I play the game.

Thanks, will give it a try, looks hard though :)

Jawmuncher

So GAF what's an FPS game that's easy to play with using KB+Mouse? Bioshock Infinite?

Easiness of KB&M is all just about how much you use it. I still have a bit of trouble keyboard wise only because FPS with a controller has been the way I've done it for so long. Editing the controls is usually a good step though.

zkylon

zkylewd
and papers please is now beat

great game, if you can handle it

got like 6 different endings so far but I dunno if I want to see the rest, feels like too much work

zkylon

zkylewd
How long is one play through.
Only plan on seeing one ending.

steam logs me for 6 hours

I replayed a couple branches since it's kinda hard to just get one ending as they're so many fail-states in between (the likes you can roll back easily so it's not as bad as that sounds)

I mean it would probably be nice to have like a speed up mode in which you earn/lose 2x the money from correct/incorrect stamps and half the time so you could just try shit up and see how much you can bend the story

it's actually pretty cool, it took me a while to figure out some things like checking weight and that got a couple characters killed and had some repercussions later on.

it was great

awesome alpha protocol-like shit right there

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Getting kind of frustrated with Kingdom Rush. I've played 6 hours now, and almost 3 of those have been on the "last" level (with the final boss in the tower).

On the tablet version, you would randomly get crystals for killing enemies (or buying them for real money) and those crystals could be used to buy items. In the tablet version, that's how I beat this level.

On the Steam version, they took out the crystals entirely. While it's nice that there are no microtransactions, it sucks that you don't earn crystals through normal gameplay, which enabled you to "grind" a bit to get the items you need to beat a particularly hard level. So in essence, they've made the game much more difficult by design.

I've even had it where I have fully upgraded towers in every single available slot. I know all of the "tricks" and I'm generally really good at this type of game. The problem is, the main enemy comes along with over 6,000 HP
and then when you kill him he takes on a second form.
Even with completely upgraded towers blasting away at him, I've still not been able to beat the boss after hours of trying.

As far as I'm concerned, the game is broken, which sucks.

Jawmuncher

steam logs me for 6 hours

I replayed a couple branches since it's kinda hard to just get one ending as they're so many fail-states in between (the likes you can roll back easily so it's not as bad as that sounds)

I mean it would probably be nice to have like a speed up mode in which you earn/lose 2x the money from correct/incorrect stamps and half the time so you could just try shit up and see how much you can bend the story

it's actually pretty cool, it took me a while to figure out some things like checking weight and that got a couple characters killed and had some repercussions later on.

it was great

awesome alpha protocol-like shit right there

Ahh ok.
I'm still undecided if I want to put the game on easy. I've been sucking even on the first stages.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ahh ok.
I'm still undecided if I want to put the game on easy. I've been sucking even on the first stages.

well I had played the beta before so I had some experience and didn't really have trouble with money and everything, so couldn't know how the game is for the general population

just as a general tip I realized playing the game, it's a good idea to just pay for heat when your family's cold. it's a nice way of saving yourself some money and it has no negative repercussions that I'm aware of. that and usually helping people out ends up paying you back somehow

and like, it's part of the fun that you're under pressure of your family dying on you and everything lol. like, if that happens that's cool too. I borked a bunch of stuff and have some characters die on me and the game moves on and it feels great

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I'm gonna do a "loyal arstotzkan" run and maybe google how to get some of those other endings

at least see the other big one feels like a good idea.

Thorgal

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm guessing it'll be $20 given the game took three times longer to complete than originally anticipated, though $15 would be nice.

Yes . i also look forward to it .

For some reason i like city builder games like this and the settlers but then i dislike Games like Simcity and age of empires.

I Wonder where this game will be closer too ?

Dipper145

After beating WH40k: Space Marine on friday, I started and beat Batman Arkham Origins today. Around 6 hours or so of playing, that my friend got me for christmas! Next up is Max Payne 3, that I bought myself for christmas during the sale. Been a good game-finishing weekend so far!

Running low on controller enabled games that I have on steam though now :(

Z4fcBWg.png

That's 19 new cards to sell, with $2 worth on the market, and 28 more to farm, after already buying 2 games with card money (recently, I have done more in past times) I might make it to $20.

The trick will be timing and choosing what the game will be. Get MGSR when it drops into range, or wait for Cosmic Star Heroine?

Are you farming them? What's your method?

Relax.MX

I bought FF7 last sale just for nostalgia and surprisingly i really enjoy my run.

God bless all the tequila I took in high school and college. Because i dont remember almost nothing of the story.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I wish Spelunky had a mode where you didn't have a time limit on the levels before the ghost comes to get you, I want to be able to take my time while learning the ropes without the threat of it chasing me.

Admittedly I always die before it appears anyway.

God bless all the tequila I took in high school and college. Because i dont remember almost nothing of the story.

I'm like that with most games sadly. Give it 6 months and I don't remember squat of the storyline, which makes a situation like waiting for Witcher 3 after finishing Witcher 2 a real test.

I guess I can blame all the alcohol I drank in high school (and after) too lol.

And too many joints.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-8E1085B0284472A8 - Taken by Man Puncher

Ban Puncher

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-8E1085B0284472A8 - Taken by Man Puncher

01001000 01000001 01001001 01001100 00100000 01001101 01001111 01000100 01000010 01001111 01010100

nihva.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone have any idea how much a Steam copy of ToCA Race Driver 3 would be worth?

TRD3 was pulled a million moons ago (May 2010 but it was also part of the 2011 Codemasters Complete Pack, possibly by accident) so I'd start at 50-60 keys and work your way down if need be. I don't have the game myself but I can't say I'm interested in paying $100+ for it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom